Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Its no more conspiracy theories, today those are theories, term conspiracy theories has been made by cia to eliminate anyone who would try to solve jfk murder....

Just watch what will happen with your dear filantropist in near future...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-hadassah-says-its-involved-in-development-of-russian-covid-19-vaccine/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/world-news/israel-to-examine-russias-covid-19-vaccine-minister-says-2278356%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

11 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Its not, they have really made it, Israel have announced already that they will order russian vaccine, but since Russia have announced that they have it western globalist spys are doing everything they can to undermine it since it will crush bill gates and who dreams to make big money from it...russia have won this one

It is bullshit. This "vaccine" has - officially - tens of side effects and still wasn`t put through the phase 3 studies. Russia isn`t winning anything in near future. I`d put my stake on Germans to come up with something good.

But yeah, you sound like a typical conspiracy nutjob, so this topic is done for me.

Edited by opel

1 hour ago, opel said:

It is bullshit. This "vaccine" has - officially - tens of side effects and still wasn`t put through the phase 3 studies. Russia isn`t winning anything in near future. I`d put my stake on Germans to come up with something good.

But yeah, you sound like a typical conspiracy nutjob, so this topic is done for me.

😘😘😘

On 3/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, n=Nowheretohide said:

I have stopped checking this thread its become paranoid portal about virus, in few weeks temperature will rise and virus will disappear, primavera will happen end of story

Check Primavera Sound 2020 topic - n=Nowheretohide is the same guy that in beginning of March was saying that coronavirus was a conspiracy 😂

Edited by MeMeMeM

On 8/13/2020 at 4:43 PM, xxialac said:

"A newly developed saliva test aims to determine in less than a second whether or not you are infected with Covid-19, Israel’s largest medical centre said."

There's been an assumption that the festival will only go ahead with a vaccine but if this type of technology develops to the point where it's accurate, it provides a viable alternative for events like festivals. The cost is 25 cents per test.

This is actually very interesting though. 

Of course it's hard if you have to refund -let's say- hundreds of possible 'positive' testers at the entrance (or one of the test posts, which may be recommended in this situation). But if you can let your 60K capacity festival go trough, it's only a small sacrifice. 

I can actually see quick/instant tests being a big thing next year, if a vaccine doesn't arrive fast enough. 

36 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

This is actually very interesting though. 

Of course it's hard if you have to refund -let's say- hundreds of possible 'positive' testers at the entrance (or one of the test posts, which may be recommended in this situation). But if you can let your 60K capacity festival go trough, it's only a small sacrifice. 

I can actually see quick/instant tests being a big thing next year, if a vaccine doesn't arrive fast enough. 

Yeah, even if the testing cost you €200k (and I'd be surprised if it cost as much as that), that seems ok as a proportion of the €20m turnover generated by the festival and could always find a way to charge elsewhere to recoup it.

Also need to think about positive economic impact on tourism.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, even if the testing cost you €200k (and I'd be surprised if it cost as much as that), that seems ok as a proportion of the €20m turnover generated by the festival and could always find a way to charge elsewhere to recoup it.

Also need to think about positive economic impact on tourism.

Yeah, it seems like it might be a gamechanger for large live events. I'm not sure of the technicalities of it (does it pick it up if you only caught it yesterday, for instance?) but some sort of rapid testing mechanism could really be a lifesaver for a lot of things next year.

Not sure how festivals could retroactively change the T&Cs for things like that, but I don't think anyone would begrudge getting refused entry and a refund if they test positive.

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What about the money lost on flights and accommodation though? Is alright if the festival is local for you but not if you're coming from overseas

It is a good point. But same thing happens with the destinations now requiring a test to enter the country. If you got positive, well, you do not have another option than lose your money (hotel, activities, etc.). There is not a perfect situation with the actual panorama.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What about the money lost on flights and accommodation though? Is alright if the festival is local for you but not if you're coming from overseas

Of course it's alright! If you have a mortal, infectious disease, it's 100% alright that you are not allowed to go to a crowded event!

Is it bad luck? Yes. But these are the times we live in..

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's annoying, yes, but how could anyone justify being allowed into 60k capacity event if they've just tested positive for an infectious disease?

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I understand it from a public health perspective.

But my point is that it could put people off from going, as they may think it's not worth the risk of paying for flights and hotel only to be not allowed into the festival. I feel like the quick testing could work on a smaller basis like for bars and clubs, but there's a lot more issues with large events that have a lot of international punters. 

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But my point is that it could put people off from going, as they may think it's not worth the risk of paying for flights and hotel only to be not allowed into the festival. I feel like the quick testing could work on a smaller basis like for bars and clubs, but there's a lot more issues with large events that have a lot of international punters. 

Yeah, this is true but also I suppose people still do buy tickets to overseas events despite them potentially being cancelled due to weather, political reasons, safety reasons or other things like airline issues. The risk is always there if you're coming from abroad.

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, I understand it from a public health perspective.

Isn't the 'bad' of missing out on a music festival to which you've travelled far outweighed by the 'good' of knowing you've been saved at the last minute from infecting a load of people who then on-infect and even kill their own family?

putting aside the discussions about vaccines, tests, conspiracies or whether Bill Gates killed Kennedy- we're getting close to the postponed August dates, in the past there were talks about getting another bunch of names in August- do you think that's still happening?

Personally, I don't think more big names will be added, I think we might get the program for the ciudad shows (if this still happening), or maybe the acts from 2020 ciudad added to the main program (Noga Erez please), but I don't expect some big announcement ( but I was completely wrong about their May and June announcements, so what do I know, maybe it's Pulp and Portishead after all)

44 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

putting aside the discussions about vaccines, tests, conspiracies or whether Bill Gates killed Kennedy- we're getting close to the postponed August dates, in the past there were talks about getting another bunch of names in August- do you think that's still happening?

Personally, I don't think more big names will be added, I think we might get the program for the ciudad shows (if this still happening), or maybe the acts from 2020 ciudad added to the main program (Noga Erez please), but I don't expect some big announcement ( but I was completely wrong about their May and June announcements, so what do I know, maybe it's Pulp and Portishead after all)

They've definitely said more names coming soon. 'Complementary programme and surprises'

I expect mostly low key names and mostly for the side show. They've blown the budget already after all and have lost a lot of income this year. Maybe one biggish name?

Probably September at some point...

Rumours of All Points East (May) moving to the end August. If this plays out, this is not good news for other festivals at the same time of year such as Primavera.

Festivals need bands to be touring to go ahead and if many move to later in the year, will thins out the potential bookings. I'm not convinced those bookings from the poster are watertight.

Maybe we are going to have Summer Primavera after all...only next Summer.