Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

I read an interview somewhere with one of the top managers, and he said that club level in the winter and early spring will be a good indication if there will be a festival season next summer. Cause if you cant put 1,000 or 1,500 people in a club anywhere in Europe in lets say March, then you most definitely will not be able to have 40,000 or 50,000 people in a field somewhere in May or June.

So if later this year we see some cancellations on the club touring level in Feb / March period, then it doesnt look good for next summer.

But if these shows go on, and people do start packing up clubs back again, the festival season could indeed go ahead.

It all depends on vaccine now i guess. It also depends on how long the festivals can wait before they pull the plug. I guess they dont have to make a decision as early as this Nov / Dec. But then again, they can hardly wait until April with a decision. Must be before then, something like Feb seems reasonable.

Think it's more likely that we'll have festivals in Europe than in the US, but again there is a problem: How to put US acts and all crew on festival without quarantine?

Things with club limit will be the most crucial in the US: if they are able to handle 1500 ppl inside, you know that festivals will be likely.

Edited by Festcrazy

14 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Why? He’s quite optimistic, no? Of course there’s always a chance things will continue being bad in 2021, but let’s not think about that will we 😉

I’m pretty confident about next year. 

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why? He’s quite optimistic, no? Of course there’s always a chance things will continue being bad in 2021, but let’s not think about that will we 😉

I’m pretty confident about next year. 

I don't agree with either of your conclusions on what he says!

He is neither pessimistic nor optimistic - he says it might go ahead, it might not.

That makes him a realist as he can't know whether vaccine measures will be successfully in place by then.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't agree with either of your conclusions on what he says!

He is neither pessimistic nor optimistic - he says it might go ahead, it might not.

That makes him a realist as he can't know whether vaccine measures will be successfully in place by then.

yeah, basically he says we have no idea if it happens.

and generally speaking - it's not a question you can ask festival founders/promoters or anyone on this industry, they don't know anything  we don't.

only the guys working on the vaccine can tell where we really stand

• Like 1

"A newly developed saliva test aims to determine in less than a second whether or not you are infected with Covid-19, Israel’s largest medical centre said."

There's been an assumption that the festival will only go ahead with a vaccine but if this type of technology develops to the point where it's accurate, it provides a viable alternative for events like festivals. The cost is 25 cents per test.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

"A newly developed saliva test aims to determine in less than a second whether or not you are infected with Covid-19, Israel’s largest medical centre said."

There's been an assumption that the festival will only go ahead with a vaccine but if this type of technology develops to the point where it's accurate, it provides a viable alternative for events like festivals. The cost is 25 cents per test.

lmao so if you test positive you get to just not go to a festival you bought a ticket for, good shit.

11 hours ago, opel said:

It`s a shite PR-bait, sadly

Its not, they have really made it, Israel have announced already that they will order russian vaccine, but since Russia have announced that they have it western globalist spys are doing everything they can to undermine it since it will crush bill gates and who dreams to make big money from it...russia have won this one

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Its not, they have really made it, Israel have announced already that they will order russian vaccine, but since Russia have announced that they have it western globalist spys are doing everything they can to undermine it since it will crush bill gates and who dreams to make big money from it...russia have won this one

you lost me at Bill Gates... 

2 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

FWIW, haven't read anything about Israel ordering the Russian vaccine in Israeli media. Bill Gates remains intact.