Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

25 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Just re-arranged easyjet flights for next year. Now the waiting begins....

Likewise. Flights back for the Monday were mad expensive so ended up just booking another nights stay as well which worked out cheaper, so that'll be nice. Also my flights there are now much earlier so no worrying about having to miss Squid/Metronomy etc on the Wednesday.

Gonna be a long almost-year but goddamn is it gonna be worth it.

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the heads up. Just sorted the flights out there on Thursday morning from Manchester. £53 each which was decent. Over £200 to get back on the Monday so left the return atm. Hopefully something will pop up with another airline a bit cheaper in the next few months 🤞

42 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

Cheers for the heads up. Just sorted the flights out there on Thursday morning from Manchester. £53 each which was decent. Over £200 to get back on the Monday so left the return atm. Hopefully something will pop up with another airline a bit cheaper in the next few months 🤞

Unfortunately you missed out on the non ridiculous prices which were available at 7am this morning, sorry! There will be other carriers tho. Liverpool might be an option too.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not gonna be able to book my flights till around September/October time. How much is it looking like I’ll be shelling out around then? 

No way of predicting. There's no precedent for a global pandemic that has crushed demand for aviation and decimated the world economy and which will potentially resurface by then.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No way of predicting. There's no precedent for a global pandemic that has crushed demand for aviation and decimated the world economy and which will potentially resurface by then.

Yeah fair point. Here’s to hoping it’ll be on its way to recovery by then.

• Upvote 1

It's a gamble. Vueling have opened up flight bookings for next June, and the flight credit from the cancelled flights is about 100 euros short of the price of next years' flights.

Feel like this is the next phase in an endless cycle of throwing good money after bad, since at this rate there's still not much likelihood that next year's festival will take place.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

The new Protomartyr stuff sounding absolutely fantastic and album out tomorrow. Such a good live band too.

Would have thought they'll be touring around the time of Primavera to promote the new album. Fingers crossed...

If they’re still a thing next year 😔

https://lastdonutofthenight.substack.com/p/protomartyrs-joe-casey-on-drinking

9 hours ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

A pretty disheartening read, especially considering their new album is brilliant. Really hope they manage to stick it out long enough that I get to catch them live, and then hopefully even longer still.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, daveje said:

Barcelona back in lockdown for two weeks.

Reasonable decision to curb the newly rising numbers I guess. Also interesting to see how people will behave with a second lockdown. 

Its good to see Barcelona has an administration that listens to science and not the UK/US idiocracy.

Not great news ....Speaking to a friend in the biz - his lot have played Primavera a couple times - he was highly doubtful that the lineup as advertised can go ahead, even if the festival does. He said it was all looking very bleak for next year - festivals, gigs, tours ...little being booked as just so many uncertainties. 

A lot can change of course, vaccine etc ...but timing is everything as tours, festivals don't just get thrown together at the last minute. I think many are just writing off 2021 already and looking to 2022 :( 

Edited by thespiral

57 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Not great news ....Speaking to a friend in the biz - his lot have played Primavera a couple times - he was highly doubtful that the lineup as advertised can go ahead, even if the festival does. He said it was all looking very bleak for next year - festivals, gigs, tours ...little being booked as just so many uncertainties. 

A lot can change of course, vaccine etc ...but timing is everything as tours, festivals don't just get thrown together at the last minute. I think many are just writing off 2021 already and looking to 2022 :( 

Surely it’s possible for them to just put on the best 150 acts they can find and even if that means a dilution in quality, the determining factor for the festival remains whether it is allowed. 
We might be saying the same thing : )

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

Peep Show | GIFGlobe

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Surely it’s possible for them to just put on the best 150 acts they can find and even if that means a dilution in quality, the determining factor for the festival remains whether it is allowed. 
We might be saying the same thing : )

I"m going to be Mr Doom again....

We're going to bump between lockdown and re-opening for a considerable amount of time, and even if you imagine a re-opening period coinciding with Primavera, the fundamentals aren't going to change between now and then. Without a miracle, the chances of a sold-out Primavera going ahead are close to zero.

And it's not just about Primavera, there needs to be a genuine Europe-wide festival and concert season to make it worthwhile for bands to get out on the road.

I fear that next year is actually going to be worse than this year. Right now people are doing what they can to survive, but if this continues into next year, then venues and festivals are simply going to close for good, and bands will quit.

4 minutes ago, daveje said:

I"m going to be Mr Doom again....

We're going to bump between lockdown and re-opening for a considerable amount of time, and even if you imagine a re-opening period coinciding with Primavera, the fundamentals aren't going to change between now and then. Without a miracle, the chances of a sold-out Primavera going ahead are close to zero.

And it's not just about Primavera, there needs to be a genuine Europe-wide festival and concert season to make it worthwhile for bands to get out on the road.

I fear that next year is actually going to be worse than this year. Right now people are doing what they can to survive, but if this continues into next year, then venues and festivals are simply going to close for good, and bands will quit.

There’s every chance you’re right. But I’m optimistic because it’s an outdoors event, football in stadiums will be long established and bands will be so desperate to play they will find a way to tour flexibly and at short notice. And the vaccine is coming along at a pace as good as could be hoped for.