Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I want to agree with you buddy but banning gatherings of 60,000 people doesn't stop the economy forever. Unfortunately mass gathering are the one thing that could be sacrificed without the economy taking a big hit.

And on my point on vaccine execution, excluding the test analogy, to cover 70% of the UK in 6 weeks would mean 1 million inoculations a day. That seems completely unrealistic.

On the other hand, it is definitely possible that it might mutate and weaken or the virus is developed earlier or something positive we don't know about yet. I'm still hopeful society will find a way through when this is the most pressing issue for the health of the global economy in our lifetime. We shall prevail!

All this free time when we don't have to guess the lineup made me look for this: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2019/10/04/flu-vaccination-the-main-things-to-know-about-the-2019-programme/

25M were offered the flu vaccine in the UK last winter. Let's assume 20M of them got it, I assume it was done in a month or so, to make it in time for winter, so sounds possible to give it to everyone who wants in a 1-2 months, or even faster if there's another outbreak and you do it in crisis-mode. (so back to the problem of developing and manufacturing enough of it.. these are the big blockers in my mind)

as for 60K gatherings - doesn't stop the economy, but does destroy specific industries. I see how it goes now (at least in my country) - the focus is mostly economic and not health related at these days, and the industries that pressure and use strong lobbies - get the relieves they need. so I do believe that, given no second outbreak next winter, they will have the way to do it under reasonable limitations. 

at this matter, I wonder how big this PS nits they are planning for this weekend

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

All this free time when we don't have to guess the lineup made me look for this: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2019/10/04/flu-vaccination-the-main-things-to-know-about-the-2019-programme/

25M were offered the flu vaccine in the UK last winter. Let's assume 20M of them got it, I assume it was done in a month or so, to make it in time for winter, so sounds possible to give it to everyone who wants in a 1-2 months, or even faster if there's another outbreak and you do it in crisis-mode. (so back to the problem of developing and manufacturing enough of it.. these are the big blockers in my mind)

as for 60K gatherings - doesn't stop the economy, but does destroy specific industries. I see how it goes now (at least in my country) - the focus is mostly economic and not health related at these days, and the industries that pressure and use strong lobbies - get the relieves they need. so I do believe that, given no second outbreak next winter, they will have the way to do it under reasonable limitations. 

at this matter, I wonder how big this PS nits they are planning for this weekend

Good points.

The PS Nits is 1,000 people maximum and starts tonight.

A seated gig for 1,000, all spaced out and with everyone wearing masks is miles removed from where we need to end. 

13 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

so nits is not relevant. I was sure it's bigger, all this promotion on twitter for a 1000 ppl event? I guess these are really bad times for them

I think it's about supporting the bands that need the most help (the smaller ones) as a whole and keeping the music industry alive, rather than contributing to their own finances.

It's pretty impressive really to have set up 40-50 gigs in this format and can see it being a success as the Rayban is an awesome location for a show and you don't have to overly socially distance from a couple of close friends/your other half.

Edited by xxialac

Also as well as supporting the local music scene, things like Nits are a really good way to figure things out in terms of how promoters can present live music over the summer (and beyond).

Stress-testing these sorts of ideas with smaller shows is a really good way to work out configurations, ways of doing things, how audiences react, and so on. There's never going to be any 'right' or 'wrong' way to do it unless they're actually worked out in real time like this.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

Good points.

The PS Nits is 1,000 people maximum and starts tonight.

A seated gig for 1,000, all spaced out and with everyone wearing masks is miles removed from where we need to end. 

Probably more like 100-200 people tonight at the Forum.

But warms the soul to see music back - and you have to start somewhere.

Be interesting to see how the big acts like Yung Beef and Amaia do there later in the Summer...

Eb8nPYYXYAY-wYS.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, burnleynotbarcelona said:

There was no UK tour scheduled for 2020. There were some Irish dates in June / July only. The UK tour they’ve just announced for May 2021 you’d assume was probably intended to be a late 2020 tour, but it was never announced so it’s not the case that agents were holding onto any money. The only date they have rescheduled was Iveagh Gardens, Dublin which was rescheduled to July 2021 from July 2020.

Fair enough, I was aware Belfast had been cancelled, & Dublin had been rescheduled, I presumed as part of a bigger tour. My bad.
With the album due, they'd certainly have had something lined up.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, pipan said:

@Orens

I've just started to check also some Spanish-speaking artists and I couldn't find these two in your clashfinder - El mató a un policia motorizado (Thursday) and Amaia (Friday). Could you please add them? Thanks.

Thanks, I'm actually unsure how to integrate fit Policia into the timetable (obviously on a stage that fits it) without changing the 2019 layout. I either miscalculated the stages (Pitchfork/Auditori/El Punto/Desperados), or the layout will slightly shift.

4 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

What stage are Fontaine’s likely to be on and what time? Didn’t bother getting tickets for the tour as will be seeing them at Primavera and Glasto if things are back to normal by then! 

If I'm not mistaken (maybe somebody can back me up here - I may be wrong) they were announced for the Pitchfork stage for the 2020 edition so imagine they'll be the same next year. Anybody's guess what time they'll be on though.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If I'm not mistaken (maybe somebody can back me up here - I may be wrong) they were announced for the Pitchfork stage for the 2020 edition so imagine they'll be the same next year. Anybody's guess what time they'll be on though.

you're not mistaken, pitchfork it is (at least on 2020)

https://pitchfork.com/news/primavera-sound-2020-lineup-pavement-strokes-tyler-bikini-kill-bauhaus-more/#:~:text=Pitchfork's%20stage%20will%20feature%20performances,%2C%20Tim%20Burgess%2C%20and%20Shame.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I am a big fan of music festivals and next year is to be able to attend Primavera Sound.

Me and my friends are looking for festivals that have alternative music groups that make music about people's relationships and polyamory.

Do you know if there are groups like this at Primavera Sound?

I share a theme of several groups related to polyamory, in case you know Spanish or international music groups in this area. 

https://relacionespareja.com/poliamor/poliamor-en-espana/

Greetings and thanks

27 minutes ago, Macarena said:

Hi all,

I am a big fan of music festivals and next year is to be able to attend Primavera Sound.

Me and my friends are looking for festivals that have alternative music groups that make music about people's relationships and polyamory.

Do you know if there are groups like this at Primavera Sound?

I share a theme of several groups related to polyamory, in case you know Spanish or international music groups in this area. 

https://relacionespareja.com/poliamor/poliamor-en-espana/

Greetings and thanks

Hey, Macarena!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Orens said:

Thanks, I'm actually unsure how to integrate fit Policia into the timetable (obviously on a stage that fits it) without changing the 2019 layout. I either miscalculated the stages (Pitchfork/Auditori/El Punto/Desperados), or the layout will slightly shift.

I have an idea - put Khaled into the free spot at El Punto, pick a most beachy name from Pitchfork/Adidas and put it onto Lotus instead of Khaled and new free space at Pitchfork/Adidas is ready for El Mató a un Policia Motorizado. :)

7 hours ago, pipan said:

I have an idea - put Khaled into the free spot at El Punto, pick a most beachy name from Pitchfork/Adidas and put it onto Lotus instead of Khaled and new free space at Pitchfork/Adidas is ready for El Mató a un Policia Motorizado. :)

The Pitchfork stage is already set with the announced names for 2020 (outside of beabadoobee), but I moved Rombo just for the sake of it. That day is stacked.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:17 PM, xxialac said:

Probably more like 100-200 people tonight at the Forum.

But warms the soul to see music back - and you have to start somewhere.

Be interesting to see how the big acts like Yung Beef and Amaia do there later in the Summer...

Eb8nPYYXYAY-wYS.jpg

There were 800 people in fact according to El Pais. You can’t see the people on the steps in the photo.

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

absolutely fine with me if they want to sneak Sufjan on the line up, regardless 

Yeah that would be swell. Reckon he could be on for 2022 though if everybody’s tour plans got pushed back a year, or at least that’s what I’m hoping considering the majority of 2021’s festival lineups will be general rehashes of this years. 

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that would be swell. Reckon he could be on for 2022 though if everybody’s tour plans got pushed back a year, or at least that’s what I’m hoping considering the majority of 2021’s festival lineups will be general rehashes of this years. 

Yeh I’m just dreaming. Although, by ps22 his “new” album will be getting on for two years old. Strange times