Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

49 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

This is totally normal. Same thing happened with me getting my Bluedot refund. That’s down to the vendor you purchased from rather than the festival as far as I understand. 

Totally normal to only get 75% of your money back? 

47 minutes ago, duckula said:

Totally normal to only get 75% of your money back? 

I’m on your side and it’s disgusting them trying to keep such a high fee, especially when they haven’t delivered their service . But 100% of the ripoff fee is going to third party agent Festicket who are not the preferred ticketing agent of Primavera. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, Karl_Mcr said:

They cancelled their 2020 tours & have now announced 2021 tour. Not sure really what difference is compared to rescheduled. Some shows were rescheduled.

For the most part, I imagine that this allowed fans to get their money back, instead of the ticket agent holding onto it for a year.

There was no UK tour scheduled for 2020. There were some Irish dates in June / July only. The UK tour they’ve just announced for May 2021 you’d assume was probably intended to be a late 2020 tour, but it was never announced so it’s not the case that agents were holding onto any money. The only date they have rescheduled was Iveagh Gardens, Dublin which was rescheduled to July 2021 from July 2020.

In addition, they’ve announced today an EU tour for March 2021. They play Barcelona Razzmatazz on 11th March, however the promoter isn’t Primavera but Houston Party (who have put them on before in Spain / Catalunya). In answer to the original question - is it a good sign ? I’d like to think it at least offers a little hope ? If the music industry isn’t back by next Spring then large swathes of it probably isn’t ever coming back. Good on FDC for some positivism and getting some stuff out there and in the calendar. You’d imagine they could have stalled on the album release but that’s out next month (31st).

Edited by burnleynotbarcelona
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Hm. I mean, I don’t hate it, but surely they’re not gonna have those little stools all over the site so this kind of distanced layout falls apart the instant you go to another stage.

What does the writing say? They’re not poking fun are they?

Hi folks - first Primavera for me next year (all being well..) very excited as I've heard good things about the festival in general and the line-up is insane. I'm not in any massive hurry just yet to book but if anyone has any particularly good reasonably priced hotel recommendations that are close-ish to the festival, then please let me know. (Ideally any within a 45 min walk.)

On the line-up front - I'm more than happy with it as it is but I've seen some people on here talking about how they'd imagine some more female acts are coming (even though the lineup is pretty stacked already..)  Any thoughts as to whether Phoebe Bridgers would make a feasible booking? I've not really listened to her much before but her new album is great. Likewise with Fiona Apple - would love to see her added to the bill...   (I'm still crossing my fingers for a Lana Del Rey miracle.. I know she has a patchy reputation live but I've seen her a few times and always really enjoyed it. Certainly won't hold my breath for that booking though...)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hm. I mean, I don’t hate it, but surely they’re not gonna have those little stools all over the site so this kind of distanced layout falls apart the instant you go to another stage.

What does the writing say? They’re not poking fun are they?

this is for some shows they have this weekend.

the big question is if and how will it be enforced.

my guess - 5 minutes into the show (if not before) all the plastic chairs are on the sides, and no one sees the numbers 

2 hours ago, ezzy5050 said:

Hi folks - first Primavera for me next year (all being well..) very excited as I've heard good things about the festival in general and the line-up is insane. I'm not in any massive hurry just yet to book but if anyone has any particularly good reasonably priced hotel recommendations that are close-ish to the festival, then please let me know. (Ideally any within a 45 min walk.)

On the line-up front - I'm more than happy with it as it is but I've seen some people on here talking about how they'd imagine some more female acts are coming (even though the lineup is pretty stacked already..)  Any thoughts as to whether Phoebe Bridgers would make a feasible booking? I've not really listened to her much before but her new album is great. Likewise with Fiona Apple - would love to see her added to the bill...   (I'm still crossing my fingers for a Lana Del Rey miracle.. I know she has a patchy reputation live but I've seen her a few times and always really enjoyed it. Certainly won't hold my breath for that booking though...)

Basically the easiest way is to just look at map view on Booking.com and take a look around the city centre. It's a city full of hotels and apartments so impossible to recommend anything in particular, but try and make sure you're near a metro station for ease of getting around. Obviously look at the accommodation's reviews on Tripadvisor/Google etc and make sure your booking is refundable just in case next year's fest doesn't happen.

As far as additional bookings, no - it's unlikely there'll be any more names like the ones suggested so wouldn't get your hopes up, going by previous year schedules the top and mid tiers are already really rammed. The general concensus is the lineup is complete aside from some smaller and local acts.

5 hours ago, ezzy5050 said:

If you look at the forum site you will see a tram line runs outside the venue , this runs 24 hrs a day when the festival is on . That will expand your search area. Try the Accor website .have a few different hotels in that area.

8 hours ago, ezzy5050 said:

I booked hotel Ibis Pza Glories 22 (two metro stations from the festival), for 4 days, 450 euros. This is my 4th time at this hotel.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, burnleynotbarcelona said:

Good on FDC for some positivism and getting some stuff out there and in the calendar. You’d imagine they could have stalled on the album release but that’s out next month (31st).

Absolutely - managed to get two free tickets to Manchester under their key worker offer, definitely made my week, as well as bringing something semi-concrete to look forward to.

I've seen a few other new tours crop up too, such as Echo and the Bunnymen, also for post-May. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Livvy Mae said:

Absolutely - managed to get two free tickets to Manchester under their key worker offer, definitely made my week, as well as bringing something semi-concrete to look forward to.

I've seen a few other new tours crop up too, such as Echo and the Bunnymen, also for post-May. Fingers crossed.

Did likewise with the key worker offer and London. Great initiative and really made my week having something positive to look forward to.

Yeah, I’ve booked for Fontaines DC at Razzmatazz in early March - now that does feel a bit optimistic comparative to the UK tour in May. BTW Primavera are putting Black Country, New Road on in Barcelona...in January. Spain (Catalunya) is at least faring much better in the daily deaths Vs the UK. Single digits there whilst the UK still exceeding 150 some weekdays. 

Mixed news coming out today on the vaccine that could save PS21: "Oxford which is ahead of other trials worldwide 'expects' to have a vaccine 'early next year', although it was possible the first vaccines might only help alleviate the symptoms so that people have a less serious bout of disease, rather than fully protects them". Reminds me of that Flaming Lips song about scientists racing for the good of all mankind for the cure that is the prize.

Of course the vaccine needs to not just exist but be mass produced and mass administered too. Jeez.

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Mixed news coming out today on the vaccine that could save PS21: "Oxford which is ahead of other trials worldwide 'expects' to have a vaccine 'early next year', although it was possible the first vaccines might only help alleviate the symptoms so that people have a less serious bout of disease, rather than fully protects them". Reminds me of that Flaming Lips song about scientists racing for the good of all mankind for the cure that is the prize.

Of course the vaccine needs to not just exist but be mass produced and mass administered too. Jeez.

I saw a news article a while ago - and I’ve seen so many, like all of us - but it was essentially about a vaccine, again at Oxford, and it was actually quite surprising how quickly the mass production could happen and what sort of scale they were talking about. Something like a one litre bottle of it being enough for 4 million people or something. 

still, cart before the horse and all that...

40 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

I saw a news article a while ago - and I’ve seen so many, like all of us - but it was essentially about a vaccine, again at Oxford, and it was actually quite surprising how quickly the mass production could happen and what sort of scale they were talking about. Something like a one litre bottle of it being enough for 4 million people or something. 

still, cart before the horse and all that...

Sure, I think that’s right although they still need to get those doses separated out and distributed to where they’re needed.

And on the administering of the doses as a parallel it took a long time to get Covid-19 tests in the U.K. up to 100,000 a day and even at that rate it would take almost 2 years to do the whole country.

But as it will revive whole economies let’s hope they find a way to accelerate all this.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Sure, I think that’s right although they still need to get those doses separated out and distributed to where they’re needed.

And on the administering of the doses as a parallel it took a long time to get Covid-19 tests in the U.K. up to 100,000 a day and even at that rate it would take almost 2 years to do the whole country.

But as it will revive whole economies let’s hope they find a way to accelerate all this.

you can't really compare the time it takes to test and vaccine. in testing most of the time is spent on getting the test to the lab and examine it there, not the actual test, which is really all you need in a vaccine.

But generally I find it really hard to believe we'll have it done before PS21. 

for PS to happen, we need something else to stop corona - better treatments, natural decrease in cases (or their intensity) or simply that we'll learn to live with the virus since you can't stop the economy forever.

I think the last option is the most probable, and then - for locals there wont be any problem, for us foreigners we should each hope that his  country will be green enough to fly into Spain

12 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

you can't really compare the time it takes to test and vaccine. in testing most of the time is spent on getting the test to the lab and examine it there, not the actual test, which is really all you need in a vaccine.

But generally I find it really hard to believe we'll have it done before PS21. 

for PS to happen, we need something else to stop corona - better treatments, natural decrease in cases (or their intensity) or simply that we'll learn to live with the virus since you can't stop the economy forever.

I think the last option is the most probable, and then - for locals there wont be any problem, for us foreigners we should each hope that his  country will be green enough to fly into Spain

I want to agree with you buddy but banning gatherings of 60,000 people doesn't stop the economy forever. Unfortunately mass gathering are the one thing that could be sacrificed without the economy taking a big hit.

And on my point on vaccine execution, excluding the test analogy, to cover 70% of the UK in 6 weeks would mean 1 million inoculations a day. That seems completely unrealistic.

On the other hand, it is definitely possible that it might mutate and weaken or the virus is developed earlier or something positive we don't know about yet. I'm still hopeful society will find a way through when this is the most pressing issue for the health of the global economy in our lifetime. We shall prevail!