Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Will be very very interesting to see how all this turns out. Much stronger economies and businesses can not afford to not work until 2022, and specially music business, live shows and festivals. With one more year without events and zero income, I think over 50-60% events would simply go bankrupt and couldnt survive until 2022. Lets hope for the best, cause if the virus is still a thing in mid 2021, it will be very very hard for anyone to bounce back from that.

Booked a flight from NY to Barcelona for next June without a ticket. I signed up on the waiting list for a VIP ticket, but I also saw that they had tickets available through Stubhub.

Stubhub has a 100% event guarentee, anyone ever purchased a PS ticket through them? Are PS tickets like Glasto where your name is printed on them? If so, do they really check? At Glasto last year they didn’t even look at my ticket beyond a quick glance.

1 hour ago, gearbm95 said:

Booked a flight from NY to Barcelona for next June without a ticket. I signed up on the waiting list for a VIP ticket, but I also saw that they had tickets available through Stubhub.

Stubhub has a 100% event guarentee, anyone ever purchased a PS ticket through them? Are PS tickets like Glasto where your name is printed on them? If so, do they really check? At Glasto last year they didn’t even look at my ticket beyond a quick glance.

The name is indeed printed on the ticket, but it doesn't matter for PS entry. I've purchased tickets through Stubhub many times, never had an issue.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

It's printed on the ticket but no, they're not strict like Glastonbury.

Don't purchase through Stubhub yet. Just keep an eye on the waiting list and get one from the official source. There's absolutely no rush - it's an entire year away.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

This is going to be my first Primavera, any tips or things I should be aware of? I’ve been to Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Glastonbury so I am interested in seeing how I will enjoy a city festival.

Is the festival overly crowded? Good distribution is people between stages? Glasto was a much older crowd than what I’m used to here in the states, is this also the case at PS?

7 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

This is going to be my first Primavera, any tips or things I should be aware of? I’ve been to Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Glastonbury so I am interested in seeing how I will enjoy a city festival.

Is the festival overly crowded? Good distribution is people between stages? Glasto was a much older crowd than what I’m used to here in the states, is this also the case at PS?

- wear your most comfortable shoes, cannot emphasise this enough, the whole site is concrete

- the festival timing is way later than you're used to, headliners can come on as late as 2am

- festival isn't particularly crowded but is very busy at the main stages late on

- the two main stages face each other and alternate, plan accordingly

- there's one fully seated indoor stage which is after the first set of security but before you walk into the main site

- the rayban stage has a lot of seating as it's an amphitheatre and is where the big late night dancey act plays at about 3am, it may have a new name next year

- yes, it's a relatively older crowd

- there isn't much to do other than the music but luckily the music lineup is richer than probably anywhere else on earth

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

Fontaines DC just announced a UK tour for May, am I being naive to think this is a good sign? I think this is the first new-tour announcement I've seen, instead of rescheduled ones.

They cancelled their 2020 tours & have now announced 2021 tour. Not sure really what difference is compared to rescheduled. Some shows were rescheduled.

For the most part, I imagine that this allowed fans to get their money back, instead of the ticket agent holding onto it for a year.

12 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

Is the Primavera Bits lineup announced with the general lineup reveal, or is it announced later? Form what they have announced, it doesn’t seem they have enough acts for the Bits stages.

I think there are more to come to fill it out this year but don't expect big names.

On the offchance anyone is waiting for a refund. I got my refund and now have to deal with even more bullshit from Primavera/Festicket.

image.png.0b8d0f31ada316bfd79c7fd4438b906f.png

Good fucking luck getting your money back if 2021 gets cancelled.

Edited by duckula

1 hour ago, duckula said:

On the offchance anyone is waiting for a refund. I got my refund and now have to deal with even more bullshit from Primavera/Festicket.

That’s bullshit from Festicket/Festicket surely. They are a third party reseller that seems to be trying on this shady practice routinely for a tonne of different shows. 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, duckula said:

This is totally normal. Same thing happened with me getting my Bluedot refund. That’s down to the vendor you purchased from rather than the festival as far as I understand.