Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Porto Primavera is fantastic. Porto VIP tickets on the other hand are a bit pointless - no major advantages I could see unlike Barcelona.

Elsewhere: this from the BBC looks like the first good news on treatment in a long time.

A cheap and widely available drug called dexamethasone can help save the lives of patients who are seriously ill with coronavirus. UK experts say the low-dose steroid treatment is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus. It cut the risk of death by a third for patients on ventilators. For those on oxygen, it cut deaths by a fifth.

• Like 1

I just read through ten pages of this thread and I don't know what amuses me more: The conspiracy theories that there must be something else going on than the festival actually selling out, people being sad about clashes in a speculative Clashfinder (thanks for the work though, it actually gives an impression of how sick the line up is) or the fact that people still believe in Lana del Rey being confirmed.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I just read through ten pages of this thread and I don't know what amuses me more: The conspiracy theories that there must be something else going on than the festival actually selling out, people being sad about clashes in a speculative Clashfinder (thanks for the work though, it actually gives an impression of how sick the line up is) or the fact that people still believe in Lana del Rey being confirmed.

I feel like it's actually crazy how good their communication has been with the 2021 edition compared to how it usually is (an absolute torture). We're probably just trying to find something to complain about because we need entertainment during this year of waiting...

58 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Shellac playing an evening gig (doors 8pm) in Barcelona on Sunday 6 June at Sala La Nau. It is not included in the Primavera pass, however. Tickets €18. They are also playing shows on the following nights in Zaragoza, San Sebastian and Oviedo on the road to PS Porto.

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/tours/concierto-shellac-junio-2021

Bizarre...

1 minute ago, HunterRule said:

They are still on the regular friday too. 

Bizarre in the sense that pretty much all those locals who like Shellac will be able to simply see them at the festival or will have seen them in previous years. Can't see them getting a paid audience on a Sunday night...

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Heard once that there were a number of people in Barcelona who were annoyed at never getting to see Shellac, bc they always played PS and they didn't wanna pay 80 bucks just for them.

Not disputing your story at all but how can you on the one hand love Shellac but then not see them once in the decade plus they've played. Literally every year! It's not like the other bands there are a wildly different style of music - Swans etc...

I'm also thinking free tickets be offered to main ticket holders in the end so they get the numbers.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Not disputing your story at all but how can you on the one hand love Shellac but then not see them once in the decade plus they've played. Literally every year! It's not like the other bands there are a wildly different style of music - Swans etc...

I'm also thinking free tickets be offered to main ticket holders in the end so they get the numbers.

Some people simply can't afford PS.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Could anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a large group of people (12)? Looking on AirBnb but keen on recommendations if people have them. 

We have been a group of 12 in the past years and the best bet is to get two 6-person appartments. There are some that can host large groups but they are rare and mostly very expensive. If you are ok with staying in Badalona (not far from Parc del Forum actually), friends of mine found something there for 12 people last time. If you've never been to Barcelona, it could be too far from the sights though.

Edited by Quadrophobia

9 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Could anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a large group of people (12)? Looking on AirBnb but keen on recommendations if people have them. 

You're a lot better off spreading yourselves over two or three apartments in the same building/block/street, use Airbnb's map view to search. Places for that amount of people are extremely limited and expensive.

The most promising German vaccine is aiming to be on the market...after Primavera is over. It is a real concern that the pace of this work, despite all the $ and the resource, makes June 2021 a very demanding deadline, especially as it is not enough to be on the market - the vaccine needs to be deployed at enormous scale by then.

One big positive is that is possible to manufacture it in massive quantities ahead of it getting clinical approval. And Oxford University is talking much more optimistic dates for clinical approval. So still reasons to be hopeful.

Having a vaccine next year would be an amazing achievement, there's nothing unfortunate about it. Even though other coronavirus diseases like SARS and MERS have been around for a long time, we still don't have a successful vaccine against any coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Only unfortunate in the context of Primavera, not wider humanity!

Festivals and businesses cant afford to postpone 2021. Countries need to be back fully running next year else there wont be an economy left, things are getting better and touch wood they stay that way if the virus is still around, it will be down to whether people wanna go and if you dont, you dont. 

• Upvote 1