Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

10 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

killing me with these clashes. At least i've a year to get used to the fact i'm going to be happy and sad at the same time. Thanks for the clashfinder. 

I will cry if Friday ends up looking like that. Beck, Kano, Little Simz, The Strokes, slowthai and Fontaines DC all in the space of 5 hours!

23 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Refuse to believe this has sold out entirely a year in advance. Something's up, surely.

Since refunds are not done yet, what's sold out is the tickets that were not sold for this year. Still impressive, since it all new audience, not the hardcore crowd that has its ticket transferred 

1 minute ago, Bram said:

Thank Yoou!!

Would be quite an experience to watch Abbath at 03.10 AM :).

Never heard of Doja Cat before. She must be very popular if she's able to secure the late night Mordor spot.

#4 on the day according to the poster. Meanwhile, at Spotify: 

image.png.f94dc84edf9a7fb6091e02aa803717c7.png

(Bad Bunny is 19th, just for reference)

16 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Carly Rae Jepsen's just been announced for Isle Of Wight festival the weekend after, which seems like a bit of an odd booking for PS to miss out on considering they could do with a few more major female names and she's played before.

She played in 2019, and only had that B side record new, I believe. Too soon for a comeback, I’d guess. 

That clashfinder is incredible. My weekend would look something like this: 

Thursday - AEAEA > Yo La Tengo > Iggy Pop/Einsturzende Neubauten > Autechre > Pavement > Dinosaur JR/food hall > Massive Attack/Kim Gordon > FKA twigs/Black Midi > DJ Shadow. 

Friday - Jessica Pratt > Shellac > Arthur Verocai > Kano > Little Simz > Earl Sweatshirt > Jenny Beth > Bikini Kill > King Gizzard > Lightning Bolt. 

Satyrday - The Caretaker > Jamila Woods/Jenny Hval > Freddie Gibbs and Madlib > Mavis Staples > King Krule/Gorillaz > Black Country New Road/Squarepusher > Bauhaus > Jawbox/Ben UFO. 

That's an incredible weekend of music. 

13 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Thursday - AEAEA > Yo La Tengo > Iggy Pop/Einsturzende Neubauten > Autechre > Pavement > Dinosaur JR/food hall > Massive Attack/Kim Gordon > FKA twigs/Black Midi > DJ Shadow. 

Friday - Jessica Pratt > Shellac > Arthur Verocai > Kano > Little Simz > Earl Sweatshirt > Jenny Beth > Bikini Kill > King Gizzard > Lightning Bolt. 

Satyrday - The Caretaker > Jamila Woods/Jenny Hval > Freddie Gibbs and Madlib > Mavis Staples > King Krule/Gorillaz > Black Country New Road/Squarepusher > Bauhaus > Jawbox/Ben UFO. 

Food Hall are one of my biggest finds of recent years and should guarantee a big crowd.

19 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Are you only eating on one day?

3 hours ago, Orens said:

Thanks! Fixed those

https://clashfinder.com/s/ps2020

Would have some bad clashes each day if this was true!

100 Gecs/Pavement/Beabadoobee, Rina Sawayama/Tame Impala, The Strokes/Earl Sweatshirt, Doja Cat/Slowthai, King Krule/Gorrilaz, Idles/Jawbox

Definitely have more “must-see” acts this time than I did last year

Delighted to see the clashfinder up and running. Always makes the lineup seem that much bigger (and somewhat daunting).

Just some other minor feedback I’ve noticed, Khaled is not listed yet; also Carista is listed under both Thu and Fri (poster only shows Thu). 

Looks like The National aren't doing their High Violet shows anymore judging by the Best Kept Secret announcement, so small silver lining that we no longer have to worry about not getting the same treatment at Primavera. Was a little 'eh' over The National being booked for 2020 initially, but after going through their albums one by one over lockdown, I'm pretty damn pumped to see them now.

• Upvote 1