Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

5 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Surely this is exactly that, they have been told by the local authorities that X amount of tickets can be sold, and further down the line that may change.  I can see the capacity being reduced next year (which I'm sure wouldn't be their choice).

It would at least explain the 'no longer available' rather than a defintive 'sold out'.

Yes. Not convinced any capacity reduction would work in practice though, as the cost of booking those bands and other suppliers would guarantee a financial loss for them if they have to reduce capacity. 

For mass events to take place next year, it feels binary. Vaccine or cancellation.

One thing I found a bit weird was the pricing of the tickets. They had a first release price and then they were due to go up by 30 euros today.

Why would you just put a date on the price rise, rather than the number of tickets remaining?

I thought that's how staged ticket releases worked.

7 minutes ago, Montag said:

One thing I found a bit weird was the pricing of the tickets. They had a first release price and then they were due to go up by 30 euros today.

Why would you just put a date on the price rise, rather than the number of tickets remaining?

I thought that's how staged ticket releases worked.

They've always done it like this – one price for a certain time period, and then it rises. It's never been done by capacity remaining as far as I know.

36 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They've always done it like this – one price for a certain time period, and then it rises. It's never been done by capacity remaining as far as I know.

You're right historically, though for the 2020 fest that never was there was also a clause re. no. of tickets sold:

Full festival tickets:

215 € - From March 6th and until 90% of the capacity of festival is reached

225 € - once 90% of the capacity of festival is reached

The more I am digging into this line-up, the more I get excited for this. I am used to festivals such as RW, where there are fewer stages and I guess more "big names", but the depth of Primavera is really incredible. I really hope we'll all be able to enjoy it next year.

Edited by polnico
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

You're right historically, though for the 2020 fest that never was there was also a clause re. no. of tickets sold:

Full festival tickets:

215 € - From March 6th and until 90% of the capacity of festival is reached

225 € - once 90% of the capacity of festival is reached

Find it mad that they wouldn't follow that then, seems like just leaving money on the floor.

5 hours ago, livenstu said:

Surely this is exactly that, they have been told by the local authorities that X amount of tickets can be sold, and further down the line that may change.  I can see the capacity being reduced next year (which I'm sure wouldn't be their choice).

It would at least explain the 'no longer available' rather than a defintive 'sold out'.

Capacity isn't reduced next year, in fact they sold a record amount of tickets for next year. It will be the biggest edition to date. Mentioned in the last press release and by several officials/bookers.

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Limiting the number of tickets available now and making it look sold out also encourages anyone dithering about getting a refund to just hold on to their ticket. It's smart marketing I guess.

Very smart to not sell tickets anymore and piss off customers waiting to buy tickets when there is demand.

When do they start to sell tickets again? When competitors are releasing their Line-Ups and a possible 2nd wave of infections is breaking?

with Saturday now gone too, not for the first time I find myself at the opposite end of the spectrum to the greater populous as, if it were me, Thursday would be the day I’d bite your hand off for a ticket to 

Edited by Ohjesus

8 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

with Saturday now gone too, not for the first time I find myself at the opposite end of the spectrum to the greater populous as, if it were me, Thursday would be the day I’d bite your hand off for a ticket to 

Yeah Thursday is the no brainer obviously best day to me so I'm surprised the other two days have gone faster. I suppose The Strokes and both Tyler and Bad Bunny are hot shit to the younger festival market whereas the Thursday is more of an ageing indie kids wet dream.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Thursday is the no brainer obviously best day to me so I'm surprised the other two days have gone faster. I suppose The Strokes and both Tyler and Bad Bunny are hot shit to the younger festival market whereas the Thursday is more of an ageing indie kids wet dream.

Thursday is “grizzled” day

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

'Grizzled' is a fantastic word for that day.  Just to comprehensively round out the geriatricness, hope they can add Michael Stipe, who has a new song out today (co-written with and produced by Aaron Dessner) and might be up for touring by then.

Oh i’d be well up for that - Stipe is king grizzler

• Like 1