Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

34 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

I’m booked, but it’s a “pay on arrival” hotel. 

it’s now nearly three times the price since the line up came out, or I’ve been hearing that from idles fans anyway. They seem to be rabidly trying to find rooms near the fest since their late addition to the line up. 

Did you go for Airbnb or somewhere else?

Wow, so it's completely sold out for weekend tickets already!?

I'm really confused by their communication, as it seemed to me that all the social posts they were putting out today meant there were only a few left at the cheapest price, but they're responding to folk on Instagram saying that's it for the year.

Am I totally missing something here? Gonna get signed up to the waiting list ASAP but didn't expect a sell out a full year in advance even with the line up out.

7 minutes ago, ml_49 said:

I'm really confused by their communication, as it seemed to me that all the social posts they were putting out today meant there were only a few left at the cheapest price, but they're responding to folk on Instagram saying that's it for the year.

Am I totally missing something here? Gonna get signed up to the waiting list ASAP but didn't expect a sell out a full year in advance even with the line up out.

i think there will be some more tickets, depending on the amount of refunds they will make etc

21 minutes ago, ml_49 said:

The ticket price was supposed to go up tomorrow but as it happens, they’ve sold out all the tickets before tomorrow arrived. You should still be able to get a ticket nearer the time from somebody selling on.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The ticket price was supposed to go up tomorrow but as it happens, they’ve sold out all the tickets before tomorrow arrived. You should still be able to get a ticket nearer the time from somebody selling on.

Yeah I guess it all just happened at the same time.

I'm getting married the following week so I had thought Primavera might have been a pretty good plan for a small stag, but that's sorta thrown my plans off. May just see if everyone wants to get 3 individual day tickets instead.

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I think there's an art to good mixing, song selection and reading a crowd personally.

Kamma & Masalo are on this years lineup and are absolute party starters

I was struggling to find any recognisable acts that fit the Desperados Cube stage other than Special Request, Ben UFO.. so these are a great find, any other suggestions would be appreciated as last few years had Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Jayda Gerd Janson etc.

Only been to PS2017 and PS2018 where it was the Desperados Club, anyone who went to PS2019 feel the change in setup to the Desperados Cube was better/worse?

10 hours ago, Bram said:

Agreed, but some electronic musicians like Four Tet can create magic out of nothing. His set (without any visual support) at PS2018 was marvelous. :)

100% agree. I saw Four Tet last year, he had no visuals at all and played the set of the year for me. The selections and transitions are amazing to hear live on a proper sound system.

• Upvote 1

I got my ticket, but have a couple of friends who didn't get theirs before it sold out.

If I sign up for the waiting list, could I buy one in my name. Then when we go to the festival just pick them up for them?

I take it this is allowed given there is no sort of registration process?

17 minutes ago, Montag said:

I got my ticket, but have a couple of friends who didn't get theirs before it sold out.

If I sign up for the waiting list, could I buy one in my name. Then when we go to the festival just pick them up for them?

I take it this is allowed given there is no sort of registration process?

Yes, is fine

Apparently (from Reddit) the Prima team have been answering peoples comments about more tickets going on sale saying that any refunded tickets still to be processed have been roughly accounted for in the main sale, so looks like it's gonna be down to mostly the resale market for people wanting in on this now. Don't think it's gonna be quite as easy to nab a ticket for this as it has been in the past what with people desperate to get back to festivals and this one being one of the first of the summer, although as other festivals announce their lineups I'm sure some people will decide to go elsewhere.

10 hours ago, CANTSTOP said:

I was struggling to find any recognisable acts that fit the Desperados Cube stage other than Special Request, Ben UFO.. so these are a great find, any other suggestions would be appreciated as last few years had Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Jayda Gerd Janson etc.

Only been to PS2017 and PS2018 where it was the Desperados Club, anyone who went to PS2019 feel the change in setup to the Desperados Cube was better/worse?

It’ll be my first year at Primavera but for similar acts on the lineup I like Call Super, Young Marco, Shanti Celeste and Chaos in the CBD. They’ve all got a few boiler room sets on YouTube too!

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I'm surprised by how quickly they've gone but I guess it's really worked out for them by being first festival lineup out of the blocks for 2021.

When was the last full sellout, 2016? I can't even remember how packed it felt really.

2017, perhaps 2018?

I'm pretty suspicious and don't trust them much on this, even though can understand their motivations as they're fighting for their survival.

There is no transparency on what 'no longer available' really means and it's a classic sales technique to use FOMO by limiting supply. If ever challenged, and they won't be, they could always say that they had put on fewer tickets for sale because of Covid and expectations about capacity at the time.

Pretty sure more tickets will mysteriously become available in future.

37 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

You're thinking of 2016. AF didn't play though. 

Arcade Fire played 2017, which sold out on January 10th (six weeks after the poster release).

The 2016 poster was sold out nine days after the poster's release.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I'm pretty suspicious and don't trust them much on this, even though can understand their motivations as they're fighting for their survival.

There is no transparency on what 'no longer available' really means and it's a classic sales technique to use FOMO by limiting supply. If ever challenged, and they won't be, they could always say that they had put on fewer tickets for sale because of Covid and expectations about capacity at the time.

Pretty sure more tickets will mysteriously become available in future.

Surely this is exactly that, they have been told by the local authorities that X amount of tickets can be sold, and further down the line that may change.  I can see the capacity being reduced next year (which I'm sure wouldn't be their choice).

It would at least explain the 'no longer available' rather than a defintive 'sold out'.

Edited by livenstu