Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

30 minutes ago, Orens said:

In 2020, the Pitchfork stage was supposed to have:

Jawbox, Kim Gordon, Earl Sweatshirt, DIIV, Caroline Polacheck, black midi, Helado Negro, Fontaines D.C., Girl in Red, Maria the Scientist, Rina Sawayama, Leon Vynehall, Young Marco, Tim Burgess, Shame, Kampire & Decay present Bunu Bop

I guess all those 2021 acts will play Pitchfork next year? 

I'm reading between the lines that you might be up for revising your Clashfinder. I hope so!

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

So auditori now something like. Every day is decent.

THURSDAY
Autechre
Lingua Ignota
AEAEA 
Einsturzende Neubauten

FRIDAY
Arthur Verocai w/Orchestra 
Iosonouncane
Jessica Pratt
Marina Herlop

SATURDAY
Maria del Mar Bonet 
Jenny Hval 
The Caretaker
Mavis Staples

Thursday

Einsturzende Neubauten probably will not play Auditori. In Foro Primavera Sound, I remember DJ Coco saying that they would not play there in 2020. Imagine that it still applies for 2021.

Joan Shelley is more likely to play Auditori (instead of Lingua Ignota).

Since Kurt Vile is playing solo, can see him also playing there.

Saturday

Vagina Dentata Organ (instead of Mavis Staples).

Those are my guesses.

9 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

Absolutely amazing lineup. Gonna be a very long year waiting. Very happy to see Ben UFO and Arthur Verocai back on.

What do ya'll think will be the best late night dance parties?

Bicep, Jamie XX, Jane Fitz, DJ Harvey

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

What a lineup! Bought my tickets yesterday.

Haven't been for a couple of years, what are people saying about flights? Think they usually go on sale around October time for June departures from the UK?

I’ve been told easyjet put their flights up on the 2nd of July for June next year so will be up bright and early that morning to hopefully bag some cheap-ish flights. Left it far too late this year and ended up paying through the nose for them.

10 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

Ray Ban 2.50 am set for me.

I presume DJ Shadow, Caribou & Bicep will be in that spot for PS 2021.

Jeff Mills music is too "hardcore" for my taste, but many said his performance is a must see. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

Absolutely amazing lineup. Gonna be a very long year waiting. Very happy to see Ben UFO and Arthur Verocai back on.

I don't know when they will play but I'm most excited for VTSS and Blawan, hopefully will be late ones

What are the odds that PS 2021 artists release new albums? 

MA: I was confident about them releasing an album for this new tour but they would have released at least a single by this time, even with the tour postponement and all, wouldn't they? So I think they eventually won't. 

FKA twigs: the show she played in 2019 was exactly the setlist for the following magdalene tour. But I heard the guys at radio Ps saying things like: "it will be interesting to see her now after the release of magdalene", like if the show they had her play wasn't related to this album cycle. Do we reckon they are just going to recycle her? 

The national: I hope they use this additional time to put out something stronger than IAETF, to gain back their headliner status. But I reckon it's unlikely. 

Gorillaz, bicep, brockhampton, slowthai, chromatics all look like to have a promising year ahead. 

Agree/disagree? Other artists? 

Edited by whos3000

32 minutes ago, Bram said:

Ray Ban 2.50 am set for me.

I presume DJ Shadow, Caribou & Bicep will be in that spot for PS 2021.

Jeff Mills music is too "hardcore" for my taste, but many said his performance is a must see. 

I've never understood this 'performance' concept, when it's just a DJ behind the decks. He might be working magic with his fingers but from the audience's perspective, it's just a man standing behind a desk, looking intense and some music coming out. Not even any visuals probably. Shame he's not bringing his orchestra show which does look spectacular.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I've never understood this 'performance' concept, when it's just a DJ behind the decks. He might be working magic with his fingers but from the audience's perspective, it's just a man standing behind a desk, looking intense and some music coming out. Not even any visuals probably. Shame he's not bringing his orchestra show which does look spectacular.

Jeff Mills may be a legend, but whenever I've seen him he's been really boring. Maybe a festival set will be more dynamic?

10 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Gorillaz, bicep, brockhampton, slowthai all look like to have a promising year ahead. 

I'd add Jamie xx, black midi, Fontaines D.C. to that list. Maybe Earl Sweatshirt and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard too.

26 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

MA: I was confident about them releasing an album for this new tour but they would have released at least a single by this time, even with the tour postponement and all, wouldn't they? So I think they eventually won't. 

FKA twigs: the show she played in 2019 was exactly the setlist for the following magdalene tour. But I heard the guys at radio Ps saying things like: "it will be interesting to see her now after the release of magdalene", like if the show they had her play wasn't related to this album cycle. Do we reckon they are just going to recycle her? 

The national: I hope they use this additional time to put out something stronger than IAETF, to gain back their headliner status. But I reckon it's unlikely. 

Gorillaz, bicep, brockhampton, slowthai, chromatics all look like to have a promising year ahead. 

Massive Attack don't seem to be in any rush to get a new album out. They could always surprise announce one, but I'm not expecting it and think it'll just be the same set they've been churning out for a while now.

FKA twigs is a weird one for the reasons you give. I think it'll just be a very similar show to the one she did in '19, albeit now on a bigger stage and to a bigger audience. I haven't seen her on this tour/ever so it's fine by me, but can see why it may irk some people who saw her in '19. Could always release an EP or something mind.

Don't think The National will have anything new out what with Matt about to release his solo album. Hoping they play a set that covers a lot of their back catalogue rather than one that focuses on IAETF, but tbh I'm expecting it to feature pretty heavily.

Gorillaz seem to be releasing standalone singles pretty frequently, although can't say any of them have done much for me personally. Think I've largely lost interest in them altogether tbh, but I'll more than likely still watch them. Really looking forward to new Brockhampton as they're just on a big winning streak in my eyes - can't wait to see them live. And maybe this will finally be the year that Chromatics release Dear Tommy - wasn't all that fond of the one they released not long ago, so hoping this new one brings something new to the table.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like Coachella are considering only doing one weekend in April or even moving the whole event to October 2021. Not sure how precious those extra 2 months Primavera has will prove to be. Let's hope, very.

Yeah not gonna lie my heart sank a little seeing that news about Coachella potentially not happening in April, but I'm optimistic that we'll be fine. Does seem to be the case that they've had to make a lot of layoffs which is why (along with the virus) April seems so unlikely. Just hope all of these countries currently attempting to ease back in to normality doesn't cause a huge second spike that fucks up 2021 as well.

I was going to wait a bit longer to decide on this but decided just to get tickets since they’re close to selling out. I didn’t go last year so really looking forward to going back after 2017 and 2018 were so good. Other than The National and Tame Impala I haven’t ever seen most of the big acts on the poster that I like such as The Strokes, Pavement, FKA twigs, Iggy Pop and Caribou, so I’m looking forward to seeing all of them along with the great acts on the undercard. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve been told easyjet put their flights up on the 2nd of July for June next year so will be up bright and early that morning to hopefully bag some cheap-ish flights. Left it far too late this year and ended up paying through the nose for them.

A year in advance/when flights are just released, is generally the most expensive time to be booking. Same with hotels.

I won't be booking until September/October tbh.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

A year in advance/when flights are just released, is generally the most expensive time to be booking. Same with hotels.

Definitely that's normally the case. Flight prices are a bit weird at the moment. I mean, you can fly one way to Barcelona in August for about £15. Seen Ryanair flights for next June and they do seem to be creeping up each week. 

Personally I'd wait. This event obviously could be cancelled and getting your money back from an airline is like pulling teeth.

10 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I can't recall them doing a festival tour in the last decade without anything to present though 

One that springs to mind is Glastonbury 2014 (and wherever else they toured that year) which was 4 years after their last album. They're essentially a nostalgia act these days, because let's be honest, nobody's going to see them for new material, or expecting said new material to really be any good. 

56 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Never been very on the ball with flights etc so didn't know this was the case. Will have to keep an eye on them then I guess.