Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Iggy > Pavement > Massive Attack > Tame Impala > FKA twigs would be an insane run, even if it did mean just walking between the two main stages for the entire evening/missing fucking everybody else.

That must be one of the best runs in festival history. Three absolute stone cold classic bands, one of the biggest acts of the last 5 years and likely one of the biggest acts of the next 5 years.

3 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

How much do people generally spend on flights tickets and accommodation for this?

The line-up has really caught my eye

+ when is the best time to start looking for accommodation? August, September?

10 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

How much do people generally spend on flights tickets and accommodation for this?

The line-up has really caught my eye

An alright hotel/flights/transport for me usually comes to about £700-800ish but depends how long you are staying and what accommodation you prefer.

6 minutes ago, mln said:

Anytime after summer will be fine, yeah. You'll still be able to find places early next year.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mln said:

Depends if you want to stay near the fest, or in town - hotels near fest are pricey - and some are sold out already. 

flights from uk range from about £80 each way to about £150 each way per person I’ve found depending on time of flights. 

sometimes it’s actually cheaper or about the same to stay an extra night and get cheaper flights back on the Monday.  

58 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Anyone updating the (prediction) clashfinder from this year? 

Also what are the vegan food options like? 

I haven't been since 2014 but I do remember *all* the food being really disappointing. Hoping it has improved for 2021.

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

Also, what’s happening with LDR, I know she was on last years poster, I’m assuming they just couldn’t get her to agree to coming back?

Yeah, she won't be back next year. No room for any other headliners and she'll be expensive.

Edited by jannybruck

15 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Also, what’s happening with LDR, I know she was on last years poster, I’m assuming they just couldn’t get her to agree to coming back?

It's not over, yet.

This PS answering a question if new acts might join the Line-Up today:

Rough translation: We will announce one more act.

15 minutes ago, Createur said:

It's not over, yet.

Hmm I'd assumed they were just giving fairly generic responses to these questions, but 'one more act' is very specific and you wouldn't think they'd say that unless it was a big/headliner act, otherwise what's the point in holding it back?

I daren't get my hopes up for Lana again, but then... they have conspicuously given Beck the bump up on the Friday, so maybe it's all a ruse for another act to slip in*

*probably not

edit: Google translates it as 'some more' rather than 'one' which is slightly less promising and probably just means more of your usual smaller acts across the week, but I'm gonna believe it's 'one more act' for the sake of baseless speculation.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Createur said:

It's not over, yet.

Interesting! Hopefully it’s Lana, but I’m not going to get my hopes up

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm I'd assumed they were just giving fairly generic responses to these questions, but 'one more act' is very specific and you wouldn't think they'd say that unless it was a big/headliner act, otherwise what's the point in holding it back?

I daren't get my hopes up for Lana again, but then... they have conspicuously given Beck the bump up on the Friday, so maybe it's all a ruse for another act to slip in*

*probably not

"Alguna confirmación más" doesn't mean one more confirmation. Means that some other names (not many) will join the lineup. But also doesn't mean that is today. In the press release, they leave open space for rhe complementary program and some other surprises.

2 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

"Alguna confirmación más" doesn't mean one more confirmation. Means that some other names (not many) will join the lineup. But also doesn't mean that is today. In the press release, they leave open space for rhe complementary program and some other surprises.

Yeah did an edit to my post there after I realised it's not 'one more', so probably just the usual smaller acts being added across the week as is the norm.

I still maintain they have one decent act held back to share in August as part of the enticement to get ticket holders to keep their tickets.

But generally the poster looks complete bar the usual Ciutat names, v small names, djs and a couple of excellent Hidden Stage acts.