Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

20 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

from the number of names on Wednesday, looks like nothing in the city (at least yet, hopefully)

The complementary days (Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday/Sunday) will be announced later, as well some suprises. The press release talks about it. So, Wednesday still have the free programme at Forum.

Last day looks a lot better now with Gorillaz and Idles. Khruangbin is a great addition

Can someone with better eyes than me tell me what day Shame are on? 

Edit- found them - last day, which makes it even better.

Edited by DDave

34 minutes ago, Bez2019 said:

Maybe the "and more" means the hidden stage?

More is most likely hidden stage and the concerts in town on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday. And maybe some more for the main festival

Edited by Martin_89

6 minutes ago, chemica said:

iirc, Don’t Pitchfork curate a stage too, if that still exists?

Usually, the bands playing at that stage are already in the lineup. The only thing that misses is who will play there. But the names are already in the lineup. Perhaps Pitchfork will inform us soon who is playing (like they did this year).

Edited by MeMeMeM

4 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Who do you think will close the main stage each day? I wouldn't say young thug any more... Maybe Charli xcx for the Thursday, brockhampton and disclosure on the Saturday? 

Agree on Friday and Saturday, but I'd put my money on FKA Twigs for Thursday. I think Twigs will require darkness for her Show and after the crowd she drew 2019 i can't see her play on a stage smaller than Mordor

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thursday: Pavement, Massive Attack, Tame Impala, Charli XCX, FKA twigs, Iggy Pop, Jamie xx, Kehlani, Autechre, Yo La Tengo, Dinosaur Jr... and that's just the top four lines. Ludicrous.

And further down there's still  Neubauten, Sparks, Kurt Vile, Les Savy Fab, Black Midi. Just mental.

Delighted to see El Mato a un Policia Motorizado and The Murder Capital added. Also very happy that Lingua Ignota are back. 

In last years lineup the days were somewhat unbalanced and the Thursday was way stronger for indie/heavier acts but now all days look packed. 

Shaping up to compete with the best Primavera lineups ever. Now we will get to be neurotic for an entire year about the potential eventual cancellation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Agree on Friday and Saturday, but I'd put my money on FKA Twigs for Thursday. I think Twigs will require darkness for her Show and after the crowd she drew 2019 i can't see her play on a stage smaller than Mordor

Yeah I can see that - Charli before the headliners (assuming she's on Mordor) and then Twigs at the end of the night to wind things down probably makes the most sense.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I can see that - Charli before the headliners (assuming she's on Mordor) and then Twigs at the end of the night to wind things down probably makes the most sense.

So... 

Charli - pavement - tame impala - MA - fka twigs 

(biggest to play outside mordor, at "peak time": iggy, young thug, einsturzende, dinosaur Jr, with Yo la tengo earlier, hopefully) 

Doja cat - beck - the national - the Strokes - brockhampton 

(bikini kill, king gizzard, Earl, caribou later hopefully) 

Jorja Smith - gorillaz - Tyler - bad bunny - disclosure 

(bauhaus, Pnl, king krule, chromatics, Freddie Gibbs, Idles, hopefully bicep later) 

14 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

So... 

Charli - pavement - tame impala - MA - fka twigs 

(biggest to play outside mordor, at "peak time": iggy, young thug, einsturzende, dinosaur Jr, with Yo la tengo earlier, hopefully) 

Doja cat - beck - the national - the Strokes - brockhampton 

(bikini kill, king gizzard, Earl, caribou later hopefully) 

Jorja Smith - gorillaz - Tyler - bad bunny - disclosure 

(bauhaus, Pnl, king krule, chromatics, Freddie Gibbs, Idles, hopefully bicep later) 

I'd expected Iggy to play Mordor but with the days looking so packed now I'm unsure. Thought I'd get a general gist of how things go by looking at 2019's clashfinder but all it's done is confuse more as there are tons of names playing smaller stages that I expected to be higher up/on bigger stages.

I'm assuming we'll get some individual stages like Pitchfork earlier on, but it's gonna be a lonnggg year of deliberating who's gonna play where :D 

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think they'll put Charli on really late somewhere, actually. Her set now is way more energetic/clubby/vibey than you'd expect and wouldn't make sense going into either Pavement or Tame or Massive Attack.

Agree... I would switch her with iggy. 

2 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Agree... I would switch her with iggy. 

Iggy > Pavement > Massive Attack > Tame Impala > FKA twigs would be an insane run, even if it did mean just walking between the two main stages for the entire evening/missing fucking everybody else.

• Like 1