Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Booked my ticket so next year will be my first, looking forward to it.

What’s the situation with DJs on the lineup? Do they play small stages or is it in venues after hours?

There are some stages usually more related with DJ, like the ones by the beach (running all day). However, there are also some DJ closing other important stages. And there is a parking lot, which is used like indoor stage, with some more alternative electronic acts. Some, electronic music is well spread by the 10 or so stages around the place.

On Wednesday/Sunday, there are also some electronic at a local venue (Apolo).

6 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I guess it's because it's VIP ticket, and they already have a waiting list for those

They said part of the terms so either in the contract there is a cooling period or because they are sold out they can do, either or she has processed it.

31 minutes ago, Orens said:

So glad I haven't imagined both Metronomy and Arcade Fire's superb 2017 sets, two of the best performances I've ever witnessed. I miss Primavera so much these days 💔

Man I wish I was in a decent enough state to remember this set. My only real memory of it is thinking that Windowsill was a very strange choice to close with, but the rest is just a massive blur.

I missed the metronomy set for teenage fanclub. Got right in front of the stage for the secret set they done after meeting Jarvis Cocker, which was lucky as felt unwell on Saturday so went back to apartment before this set started.though when I opened a window could still hear it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Curious about the day splits. Since day tickets remain valid, I'd expect most acts to be on the same day as they'd been in 2020. Wonder if they'll put Tame Impala on "Strokes day", that should sell a lot of tickets...

I imagine day splits will be largely the same tbh - for most acts it'll be a simple switch over for their entire schedule assuming festivals haven't changed their dates for 2021. 

As for the new headliners, Tame Impala on Strokes day and Gorillaz on the Tyler day would be my based on absolutely nothing at all guess.

33 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Curious about the day splits. Since day tickets remain valid, I'd expect most acts to be on the same day as they'd been in 2020. Wonder if they'll put Tame Impala on "Strokes day", that should sell a lot of tickets...

I can't see any configuration where they end up with a day with a weak set of headliners. Agree with Floorfiller - more likely to add to Fri and Sat than Thu.

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, Orens said:

So glad I haven't imagined both Metronomy and Arcade Fire's superb 2017 sets, two of the best performances I've ever witnessed. I miss Primavera so much these days 💔

Yes, what a night - Metronomy was the best concert of PS17 for me and after Arcade Fire I already knew that my first Primavera is definitely not going to be my last one. And later that night came the unexpected Haim concert. 

And still, somehow, PS18 and PS19 turned up to be even better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1