Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Hey, 

I purchased tickets (with non attendance insurance) to this yesterday but looking at the T&Cs, endemics and pandemics, AREN'T covered which is bit worrying - https://www.primaverasound.com/en/others/non-attendance-terms-and-conditions

Surely if the festival is cancelled due to risk of infection then customers would be within their right to get their money back?

That makes perfect sense to me. 8 Euros doesn't begin to cover the risk of the festival getting cancelled because of coronavirus. This risk is all too real - they're already very worried about the Olympics next July. It would need to be closer to 80 euros than 8 euros. Would request a refund if you thought it would cover this or chalk it up to experience.

So much of insurance is a bit of a con, with insurers finding any means possible to get out of paying up and it's always a huge hassle to claim. 

Just now, xxialac said:

That makes perfect sense to me. 8 Euros doesn't begin to cover the risk of the festival getting cancelled because of coronavirus. This risk is all too real - they're already very worried about the Olympics next July. It would need to be closer to 80 euros than 8 euros. Would request a refund if you thought it would cover this or chalk it up to experience.

So much of insurance is a bit of a con, with insurers finding any means possible to get out of paying up and it's always a huge hassle to claim. 

so if it's cancelled again next year due to a pandemic/safety issues, we wouldn't be allowed a full refund?

5 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

so if it's cancelled again next year due to a pandemic/safety issues, we wouldn't be allowed a full refund?

Yeah, as they've demonstrated this year, you could get one but only if the festival has the money (after all, they can't pay out money they don't have) and nothing to do with the 8E insurance. 

Frankly if next year's festivals don't go ahead, then it's a sign of significantly more serious economic problems like great depression levels of unemployment so let's hope it doesn't come to this.

9 hours ago, Mr Peanutbutter said:

What are peoples top ten acts confirmed so far?

Mine- 

1. Tyler

2. Pavement

3. Earl

4. Massive Attack

5. FKA Twiggs

6. Gorillaz

7. Little Simz

8. Idles

9. Black Midi

10. Black Country New Road

Would be interesting to see if anyone has people I haven't properly checked out yet in their top 10.

In no order:

Bauhaus

Chromatics

King Gizzard

Gorillaz

The National

Bikini Kill

Iggy Pop

Charli XCX

Autechre

Dinosaur Jr

Lana would be there too if she is playing

6 hours ago, neacaisa said:

As usual, fans of this festival are defending their practices even when they don't really deserve it.

The harsh reality is that the festival should have took place right now and they haven't offered any kind of compensation so far to the people that don't want/can't go in 2021. Not even going to 2022 is an option right now.

They even deceived people into thinking that starting 4th june they will begin to process refunds. That is simply not true right now, as you just complete a useless form with no real consequence until August. How is this customer friendly, really? They should at least communicate this properly, if they don't have the funds and expect government compensations.

Lol for Porto they are keeping the money for a year? And you can only get your refund within a 2 week period next year???

If anyone has booked via paypal or a credit card, I'd get a refund though them now. Sounds like some epic bull crap...

On 6/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Chap in the Glastonbury forum says he has a friend in the Spanish music industry who claims Primavera S are still trying to book LDR 

Any word on still trying to book Die Katapult? :)

12 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Hey, 

I purchased tickets (with non attendance insurance) to this yesterday but looking at the T&Cs, endemics and pandemics, AREN'T covered which is bit worrying - https://www.primaverasound.com/en/others/non-attendance-terms-and-conditions

Surely if the festival is cancelled due to risk of infection then customers would be within their right to get their money back?

My understanding (please correct me where I'm off!) is that if they~ cancel the festival, you will be entitled to a refund. But, for example, if you are from the UK and at that point Spain are still refusing entry to those in the UK due to Covid, you wouldn't be covered.

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lol for Porto they are keeping the money for a year? And you can only get your refund within a 2 week period next year???

If anyone has booked via paypal or a credit card, I'd get a refund though them now. Sounds like some epic bull crap...

Yep, you have to remember in a 14 day period in June 2021 to claim your refund for 2020.

Seriously scummy behaviour from Primavera. Their street team here will come up with some convoluted excuses why they have to do it (yet most other festivals will refund you now if you really want it, not in 13 months).

It definitely seems like a tactic to get people to simply forget about it or give up bothering to persue it, which is extremely disappointing. Sitting on people's ticket money makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

If they were just transparent and said "we need your money from this year to put towards next year's festival" – then I think people would be way more sympathetic and understanding about it. For a business as large as Primavera is I'm constantly surprised at how shitty their messaging is.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 3

On 6/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, Livvy Mae said:

they probably selling a reduced capacity, say it sells out today, could be a second tier once refunds are confirmed.

Just bought my VIP... buzzing

I actually just read that the weekend tickets for 2020 sold out in January - I'm also a bit concerned that they started selling more without knowing how many people were going to want refunds... 

Instead of picking my favourite acts, (as it would be an overwhelming amount at first glance) I’ve instead been entertaining myself by doing it in reverse and picking acts at random to listen to. If I find them unbearable or know I’d rather be at the bar than see them, I score them off the poster. The intention is that I’ll eventually whittle the poster down to my top 20-25 acts. 

So far I’ve been unable to complete a full song by BigKlit, Hannah Diamond, Bad Gyal or 100Gecs. It’s also not looking good for Abbath, Charli XCX or Pablo Vittar (apologies to fans of these acts).
Who’s on your ‘hell no’ list? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Float said:

Instead of picking my favourite acts, (as it would be an overwhelming amount at first glance) I’ve instead been entertaining myself by doing it in reverse and picking acts at random to listen to. If I find them unbearable or know I’d rather be at the bar than see them, I score them off the poster. The intention is that I’ll eventually whittle the poster down to my top 20-25 acts. 

So far I’ve been unable to complete a full song by BigKlit, Hannah Diamond, Bad Gyal or 100Gecs. It’s also not looking good for Abbath, Charli XCX or Pablo Vittar (apologies to fans of these acts).

Ha, I really like this approach! I find increasingly there is a lot of stuff I would file under 'utter crap' on the PS line up, which really wasn't the case 10 years ago, for me at least. 

Stuff that is sung through a vocoder, massively heavy on autotune and with casio-keyboard -one-finger underlying melodies like some of those names , I feel like I'm missing a gene or something to appreciate it yet it's popular. I've tried but nope, I can't find one redeeming feature in it (other than it can be turned off).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Float said:

It is very probable that just like in 2019 I am not going to stop by in Seat Village.

• Upvote 1

The Auditori was full of gems potentially this year and we seem to have lost a lot of names (albeit could be reinstated).

AEAEA
Maria del Mar Bonet
Jenny Hval
Jessica Pratt

Added: Autechre

Gone?
Floating Points Falaise Ensemble
Lingua Ignota
The Caretaker
Richard Dawson
Arthur Verocai
Iosonouncane

29 minutes ago, pipan said:

It is very probable that just like in 2019 I am not going to stop by in Seat Village.

Seat village was hilarious. They had a robot DJ and lots of specially commissioned Seat street art. 

unsurprisingly, it wasn’t a heavy traffic area but it was very very easy to get a drink. 

14 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

Seat village was hilarious. They had a robot DJ and lots of specially commissioned Seat street art. 

unsurprisingly, it wasn’t a heavy traffic area but it was very very easy to get a drink. 

One the secrets to a successful Primavera is to identify on Day 1 which bars are underattended. Some are barely used all weekend, relative to the more prominent ones.

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

Anyone been to Vida fest? Any good? I like the line up 

Yep, it's amazing, much better atmosphere than Primavera. Beautiful site with stages in wooded areas, generally very chilled, Vilanova is a nice beach town and easy to get to from Barcelona on the train, and some decent Airbnbs in the town or nearby Sitges. Great festival transport too. Probably the Spanish equivalent of Latitude or something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

Anyone been to Vida fest? Any good? I like the line up 

It's definitely a good fest. Wouldn't say better atmosphere necessarily, it's a very different atmosphere to PS which is of course massive these days for better or for worse and has the advantage of being on the Med. Charming location. Overwhelmingly attendees are Spanish. The lineup is limited  and times where there was nothing on I wanted to watch. Not much beyond the music (unlike Green Man, EOTR and Latitude) though that may have changed in the last couple of years. And most of the festival takes place in the darkness unlike the Brit equivalents and doesn't really get started each day until a couple of hours after Primavera starts.

• Upvote 1