Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

45 minutes ago, Mr Peanutbutter said:

What are peoples top ten acts confirmed so far?

Mine- 

1. Tyler

2. Pavement

3. Earl

4. Massive Attack

5. FKA Twiggs

6. Gorillaz

7. Little Simz

8. Idles

9. Black Midi

10. Black Country New Road

Would be interesting to see if anyone has people I haven't properly checked out yet in their top 10.

1. Jesus and Mary Chain (the greatest of all time!)

2. The Strokes

3. Lightning Bolt

4. Bauhaus

5. Shellac

6. Bikini Kill

7. Fontaines DC

8. Shame

9. Freddie Gibbs

10. Pavement

20 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

This is basically how every festival will handle the situation once proper legislation is in place. There are simply no other options and complaining about it is rather pointless. I understand anyone who needs their money back, but there isn't any that could be refunded right now.

I must have just imagined all the other festivals that are allowing refunds now, and not making customers wait 12 months before they're refunded.

Those refunds on my credit card over the last few weeks must just be my imagination too....

What you have said is 100% untrue. LOADS of festivals have already offered, and processed, refunds.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I must have just imagined all the other festivals that are allowing refunds now, and not making customers wait 12 months before they're refunded.

Those refunds on my credit card over the last few weeks must just be my imagination too....

What you have said is 100% untrue. LOADS of festivals have already offered, and processed, refunds.

You must have loved it than, judging by your profile picture?

Jokes aside, the wording was indeed misleading.

What I meant: Everywhere where this sort of regulation is put into legislation, (major) festivals will go with it. There might be festivals that get insurance money (heard about some cases in the Netherlands) that they then can refund, but a majority of festivals simply do not have the money to refund now. I have two festival tickets for 5000 capacity where refunds are offered but it is clearly stated, that if too many people claim a refund, that'll basically mean bankruptcy. As the bigger festivals typically don't have that much attachment from fans, they will use any possible legal way to dealy refunds. Major Festivals, for example Rock am Ring do not even offer refunds yet. All Ticketmaster related festivals (f.e. Rock Werchter) are seemingly forced to get ticketmaster vouchers or else, wait for payouts til the end of 2021. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

I honestly think they should have explained it in full if it's an insurance issue and people would have been more sympathetic. Just going "June 2021, sorry!" with no explanation why it'll take a year is just another bit of poor communication by them, in a long line of poor communication, and only pisses people off. This festival season has proven that if you're transparent with customers then they'll understand more. There's plenty of Facebook comments on their page already raging about it.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I honestly think they should have explained it in full if it's an insurance issue and people would have been more sympathetic. Just going "June 2021, sorry!" with no explanation why it'll take a year is just another bit of poor communication by them, in a long line of poor communication, and only pisses people off. This festival season has proven that if you're transparent with customers then they'll understand more. There's plenty of Facebook comments on their page already raging about it.

Wouldn't object to that, but the situation in most agencies I know has been so utterly chaotic that a transparent communication is extremely complicated, because the information coming in is confusing already. Cancelling the entire 2020 production process and getting artists rebooked for 2021 will have had pritority and all that had to be accomplished with limited resources. Communication wasn't great indeed, but they probably didn't know any better. Implying that PS tried to deceive people as folks do on facebook is pretty harsh.

Edited by Quadrophobia

https://www.onps.life/en/pslife/relive-primavera-2020-landing

Commemorating the starting date of what should have been Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020, the festival publicly launches PS Life, a new audiovisual streaming platform. Conceived as a virtual window onto the world of music through live concerts, videos of historical performances, listening parties, live radio programmes or meetings with artists and other fans among many other proposals, PS Life is a virtual meeting point for times when music fans can't get together in the usual places.

The platform is presented as a community under construction, still in the beta phase, which has already hosted some pilot tests and will be released to the general public today, Wednesday, June 3rd at 7:00 pm CET with a listening party of the new album by Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Sideways to New Italy, with the participation of the band. From tomorrow until Saturday, it will be the turn of the #RelivePrimavera special, during which historical concerts from past editions of Primavera Sound will be broadcast, such as Blur (2013), Swans (2013) or Sharon Van Etten (2014). The end of the party will be a rocking session by DJ Coco himself streamed for the first time live from the 2015 edition of the festival.

This special edition of #RelivePrimavera on www.onps.life will run until Saturday, June 6th with five hours a day of uninterrupted broadcasting. Access is completely free and, in addition to streaming, users will have public and private chats in which to comment on everything that is going on. Come in, listen and watch: welcome to PS Life.

A little unclear as to whether they're all video, or if some are only audio.

Pretty obvious one:

1 pavement 

2 Tyler 

3 bauhaus 

4 Earl 

5 brockhampton 

6  young thug 

7 the Strokes 

8 iggy pop 

9 chromatics 

10 I am never going to skip autechre 

Massive Attack, fka twigs, the national and einstuezende are some of my favorites acts but I saw them already so I might judge according to clashes/new material. Also curious about gorillaz, especially if billed for a late night set. I will try also not to miss Charli, king krule and caribou 

Edited by whos3000

1. Gorillaz

2. The Strokes

3. Massive Attack

4. Tyler, The Creator

5. Brockhampton

6. Tame Impala

7. Beck

8. Charli XCX

9. King Krule

10. Young Thug

(also hoping to see: 100 gecs, black midi, Earl Sweatshirt, Freddie Gibbs + Madlib, Jamie xx, Kano, DJ Shadow)

Edited by sloth.g

Especially excited for: Pavement, Tame Impala and The Strokes

(Lana Del Rey and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever would join this group, so hoping that at least R.B.C.F will be added)

Also looking forward to: Metronomy, Beabadobee, Brockhampton, Girl in red, Idles, King Krule, Gorillaz

Caribou

Bicep

Georgia

Pavement

Tyler, the Creator

Metronomy

IDLES

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Gorillaz

Iggy Pop

Also looking forward to Jamie xx, Disclosure, Lil Simz, Tropical Fuck Storm, Squid, The Strokes, Sparks, Tame Impala, black midi, etc.

As usual, fans of this festival are defending their practices even when they don't really deserve it.

The harsh reality is that the festival should have took place right now and they haven't offered any kind of compensation so far to the people that don't want/can't go in 2021. Not even going to 2022 is an option right now.

They even deceived people into thinking that starting 4th june they will begin to process refunds. That is simply not true right now, as you just complete a useless form with no real consequence until August. How is this customer friendly, really? They should at least communicate this properly, if they don't have the funds and expect government compensations.

• Upvote 2

Pavement
Iggy Pop
Brockhampton
Yo La Tengo
Dinosaur Jr
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
Caroline Polacheck
Charli XCX
FKA twigs
Idles

I could go on and on - I'm once again realising how much good stuff (even stuff from just the above list) I'll no doubt end up missing, especially as Mordor (or what I can assume will be playing over those two stages) seems to be filling up spectacularly with some incredible acts, with plenty more to come.

I’m looking at going to this next year, for the first time.

What days is the music actually on? 

Ideally want to book for as few days as possible, but don’t want to miss anything.

It says 2nd-6th but surely there isn’t 5 days of music?

4 minutes ago, Montag said:

Ideally want to book for as few days as possible, but don’t want to miss anything.

There aren't 5 days of music, no. There are 7!

The best days are definitely Thu-Sat. Sunday has a closing indoors party and a dj thing on the beach this year. Wednesday has a few gigs for the public in the evening outdoors and ticketholder only gigs indoors at night. Monday and Tuesday opens up the festival with usually 2 bands/night indoors or so.

3 minutes ago, Montag said:

Main days are Thursday - Saturday. Wednesday just a few bands on the Forum, in 2020 that would have been Jesus and Mary Chain, Metronomy and a few others. Sunday is supposed to be DJ's on the beach. And there'll live acts in local venues in the cities on both the days. 

Hey, 

I purchased tickets (with non attendance insurance) to this yesterday but looking at the T&Cs, endemics and pandemics, AREN'T covered which is bit worrying - https://www.primaverasound.com/en/others/non-attendance-terms-and-conditions

Surely if the festival is cancelled due to risk of infection then customers would be within their right to get their money back?