Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

bear with me on this - literally just a thought I had last night and it’s half formed - but could they sack off the  auditori in light of keeping everything outdoors, to assist with Covid?

a friend who promotes gigs was in a meeting last week and someone bandied around the idea of no indoor gigs for a year. 

just a thought. 

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

bear with me on this - literally just a thought I had last night and it’s half formed - but could they sack off the  auditori in light of keeping everything outdoors, to assist with Covid?

a friend who promotes gigs was in a meeting last week and someone bandied around the idea of no indoor gigs for a year. 

just a thought. 

I think they announced Autechre explicitly for the Auditori, no?

How would the termination of Rockdeluxe affect the Auditori? Didn't they formerly sponsor that at PS?

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

How would the termination of Rockdeluxe affect the Auditori? Didn't they formerly sponsor that at PS?

Oh that’s good. They were the first act I thought outdoors wouldn’t work for tbh. I like the auditori a lot. 

5 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

I think, we shouldn't forget about Camila Cabello. She had a headline tour in May-June 2020 with some festival appearances (like Orange Warsaw Festival, same dates as PS). I don't really like her, but she's definitely big female act. Especially if PS decides to make a fourth day.

There isn’t gonna be a fourth day outside of the Sunday which is all DJs.

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

Oh that’s good. They were the first act I thought outdoors wouldn’t work for tbh. I like the auditori a lot. 

Also, no indoor gigs for a year is absurd. The first concert halls in Europe are already hosting concerts again, albeit with strictly reduced capacity.

Edit: Of course it could get worse again, which then would make indoor gigs impossible obviously. But currently such a prognosis seems overly pessimistic and generalized. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

11 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Also, no indoor gigs for a year is absurd. The first concert halls in Europe are already hosting concerts again, albeit with strictly reduced capacity.

Edit: Of course it could get worse again, which then would make indoor gigs impossible obviously. But currently such a prognosis seems overly pessimistic and generalized. 

I can't deal with any more Covid pessimism, it's already crushing my brain. Booking Primavera is my only light source in all this ha

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

It was just someone chatting shit in a meeting looking at possible routes this could go, maybe worst case scenario. i can’t see into the future of course 

although I would add that booking/promoting concerts and them actually happening are two different things. I bought oh sees tickets for November but it feels mildly optimistic. 

Also genuinely don’t think PS would be affected even if that was true, other than maybe indoors going outside, so I wasn’t being pessimistic. Just a thought about auditori more than anything

Edited by Ohjesus

30 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah, it carried their name but I would say it was more they (part) curated the Auditori line- up rather than there being any significant financial input on their part, don't think they would be in a position to do that anyway as evidenced by their sad demise. RdL and PS are mates going back years I think.

2 minutes ago, Mr Peanutbutter said:

What are peoples top ten acts confirmed so far?

Mine- 

1. Tyler

2. Pavement

3. Earl

4. Massive Attack

5. FKA Twiggs

6. Gorillaz

7. Little Simz

8. Idles

9. Black Midi

10. Black Country New Road

Would be interesting to see if anyone has people I haven't properly checked out yet in their top 10.

Would go along with that list mostly, but would add Autechre, Bauhaus and Porridge Radio

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Would go along with that list mostly, but would add Autechre, Bauhaus and Porridge Radio

Need to check out Autechre properly but hear its IDM in the same vain as Aphex Twin which can only be good. I like what ive heard of Bauhaus a lot, particularly Bella Lugosi but saw a recent live video and it wasn't great although I think it was first reunion show so may get better as they go along.

Always nice making top tens. 

1. Black Country New Road

2. The Strokes

3. Fontaines D.C.

4. Idles

5. DIIV

6. Shellac

7. Tyler, the Creator

8. Pavement

9. Tame Impala

10. FKA Twigs

Edited by Marty76
Forgot idles

I don't think it could happen that it's safe for the festival to take place, yet the auditori can't be open. It seems inconceivable that the festival can go ahead as normal (i,e. no social distancing) without a vaccine. We know the virus isn't going away of its own accord and the treatments being worked up seem to only reduce mortality a little. To convene 60,000 people together in close promixity whether indoors or outdoors needs a vaccine - certainly it's all I want for Christmas.

In no particular order:

Autechre

Black Midi

Jessica Pratt

Pavement 

Earl Sweatshirt

FKA Twigs

Little Simz

Iggy Pop

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib

Einsturzende Neubauten

All of the above are my priorities as I've either never seen or seen just once, with the exemption of Black Midi who I've been lucky enough to see I think 9 times. 

I'm also very excited for Black Country New Road, Massive Attack, Bauhaus, Jamila Woods, Kano, AEAEA, King Gizzard and Squarepusher. 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

AEAEA

They were terrible when I saw them at Le Guess Who, so wouldn't make it a priority. An hour of absolute nonsense.

I'm looking forward to hearing electronic music live again so Autechre, Massive Attack, Leon Vynehall, Squarepusher, Chromatics are all priority.

Really hoping they book Forest Swords or Andy Stott as well who were both meant to be doing the rounds this year.

7 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

This is basically how every festival will handle the situation once proper legislation is in place. There are simply no other options and complaining about it is rather pointless. I understand anyone who needs their money back, but there isn't any that could be refunded right now.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1