Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Been looking around at other festivals and the Rocksilde lineup for 2020 was otherworldly. Kendrick, Angel O, Pusha T, Tyler, FKA, Thom Yorke, Big Thief, Perfume Genius, Slowthai, Dave, Fat White Family. PS lineup is always amazing and is this year but was blown away by that. Now feeling very greedy and wondering who else we could still get for PS. My top choices-

Fionna Apple, Perfume Genius, Portishead, Grimes, Lana Del Ray (back) also anyone from the above list (just imagine Kendrick for a second 😩)

23 minutes ago, youcoolman69 said:

Glad to have Massive Attack confirmed for sure and Bicep back on. Sparks is a cool addition! Still hoping for Floating Points but this lineup is more than enough to get me there.

Any idea when the best time to book an Air BnB is?

cheapest time for accommodation/travel is about 6-9 months in advance IME

A lot of hotels haven't even made themselves available for 2021 on booking sites yet, and I'd imagine some AirBnbs would be the same.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, Seds said:

I might be being dumb but my air BnB app only lets me book a year in advance so only shows up to 2nd June 2021 as of today how can I book from 2nd June forwards?

Ditto on Kim! 

I don't think all of the hosts have booking for more advance than a year perhaps? So excited regardless though. Let's hope for Kim!

I’m absolutely gutted. So I looked at my uni term dates and it’s likely I’ll have a exam while the festival is on so I’ll have to sell my ticket, it’s VIP, I paid £371 and can ‘send it to a friend’ on Dice so I basically want the money I paid for it. if you want it send me a message and we can discuss about it. God sake, really should of checked before splurging that much on it. Hopefully someone else has a good time. 

I have to say that the refund thing is really scummy. They are trying to drag the process as much as possible to discourage people from going through it. 

How did the other spanish festivals handle this? They are blaming it on the government.

2 hours ago, neacaisa said:

I have to say that the refund thing is really scummy. They are trying to drag the process as much as possible to discourage people from going through it. 

How did the other spanish festivals handle this? They are blaming it on the government.

Honestly, no it isn't. No festival has any money they could refund right now. Insurances are refusing to cover and all the money from 2020 has been spent, taking into account losses from advertising and concessions for food stands etc.

In Germany, legislation has been passed that allows refunding festival tickets as vouchers for next year. Unless you wanna go through an annoying and time consuming process, you have little options but to go with that. You'll get your money back, if you let the voucher run out, but they keep validity for as long as 2023 in some cases.

August honestly is a very customer friendly date for refunds, considering there isn't any definitive legislation yet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Sorry for doubleposting but I didn't want to get these two mixed up. I edited 2020s poster to leave blanks where all artists yet unconfirmed were.

Might be a better base for discussions who is filling in for whom.

2021.jpg

Wow, looking at that it's really quite impressive how much they've got to return. I don't care about then adding any new BIG names but if they really do get LNR to return then that'll be a killer lineup

Yes, with this one above + LDR again + Tame I and Gorillaz etc, its really a brutal line up. Anyone will have a hard time challenging that one next summer. Hope life gets back to normal, travel is safe again, and Prima can work up to its full capacity.

41 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wow, looking at that it's really quite impressive how much they've got to return. I don't care about then adding any new BIG names but if they really do get LNR to return then that'll be a killer lineup

I find it staggering that with fully 12 months to go and in the middle of the worst global health crisis for 100 years, they've been able to persuade so many acts to sign up, especially US ones who must have many reservations about touring. Definite kudos.

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

So, are we getting a fourth day in case Lana is signed back up? Full Festival from Wednesday then? I'd imagine that would not be covered by normal tickets though.

Very, very unlikely.

The chances of someone dropping out are incredibly high given a)12 months to go and b) Covid so if I were them I would overbook on headliners, like airlines do on seat sales, knowing that there will inevitable be some attrition.

30 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

So, are we getting a fourth day in case Lana is signed back up? Full Festival from Wednesday then? I'd imagine that would not be covered by normal tickets though.

I imagine they’ll just have three ‘headliner’ sized acts back to back at Mordor each day rather than an additional day.

Pavement, The National, Massive Attack

Lana Del Rey, The Strokes, Tame Impala

Bad Bunny, Tyler, the Creator, Gorillaz

Something like that, although then you’ve got Disclosure/the rest to fit around it so who knows how it’s all gonna work - just gonna look extremely stacked each day.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

I do feel we need a female act on the top bill but I'm not fussed about Lana personally. Would much rather get a few of The Caretaker, Weyes Blood, Bill Callahan, Kim Gordon or Arthur Verocai added 

Hoping they’ve held back some of these names for further announcements. Am I right I’m thinking the previously confirmed Auditori acts aren’t on our current lineup?

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I do feel we need a female act on the top bill but I'm not fussed about Lana personally. Would much rather get a few of The Caretaker, Weyes Blood, Bill Callahan, Kim Gordon or Arthur Verocai added 

I think, we shouldn't forget about Camila Cabello. She had a headline tour in May-June 2020 with some festival appearances (like Orange Warsaw Festival, same dates as PS). I don't really like her, but she's definitely big female act. Especially if PS decides to make a fourth day.