Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Hi guys,

Never been to Primavera before but hoping to get tickets for 2021. My problem is, I have a wedding to attend on 2nd June 2021. If I fly out the next day, thus making the festival on Thursday 3rd, would I be missing out not getting there for the very first day? Wondered if many 'big' acts usually play the first/second days?

Any advice on whether it's worth reconsidering buying tickets based on your previous experience would be hugely appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, Sophie Morbey said:

Hi guys,

Never been to Primavera before but hoping to get tickets for 2021. My problem is, I have a wedding to attend on 2nd June 2021. If I fly out the next day, thus making the festival on Thursday 3rd, would I be missing out not getting there for the very first day? Wondered if many 'big' acts usually play the first/second days?

Any advice on whether it's worth reconsidering buying tickets based on your previous experience would be hugely appreciated! 

The Wednesday is nice but it's not the heart of the festival. Simply one stage with 4-5 shows and later smaller shows on a club downtown.

Judging by 2020 plan- it was Jesus and Mary chain and Metronomy that headlined that day, the rest of the big acts are on the main days

So I would surely do it (in fact, did it once in the past when couldn't fly on Wednesday :))

3 minutes ago, Sophie Morbey said:

Hi guys,

The main programming doesn't start until the Thursday anyway – Wednesday is a 'warm up' day with a few bands on in the evening but it's not a huge priority for a lot of people.

If you're concerned about it just keep an eye on the day splits (which will probably be announced later in the summer/autumn) and see if it's worth you buying a weekend ticket or not.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They haven't made the link very easy to find in the email/s they've sent out, which is a bit shitty but I guess they're just very keen to persuade people to keep the tickets.

The form is here, active from later today.

I respectfully don't agree with this.

They sent me an email this week and halfway down it clearly stated with a link:

"- And if you want you can request a refund of your ticket you have 14 days that will start from June 3rd. Click here for more information."

Compared to the misery of getting refunds from the airlines and hotel booking firms who have in many cases not provided a refund option at all or made people wait hours/days on the phone only to get nowhere, it's straightforward.

Fill in a short form, that's it.

Plus many other festivals aren't offering a refund in the first instance.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I respectfully don't agree with this.

They sent me an email this week and halfway down it clearly stated with a link:

"- And if you want you can request a refund of your ticket you have 14 days that will start from June 3rd. Click here for more information."

Compared to the misery of getting refunds from the airlines and hotel booking firms who have in many cases not provided a refund option at all or made people wait hours/days on the phone only to get nowhere, it's straightforward.

Fill in a short form, that's it.

Plus many other festivals aren't offering a refund in the first instance.

I've seen numerous people ask about refunds and therefore it clearly hasn't been obvious to a lot of people. I'm not arguing with you about it.

• Like 1

Thanks for sending the link Jannybruck :-). I purchased my ticket from festicket and they haven't sent me this link. 

I will be reluctantly filling in the form

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

1. You don't 

2. That would breach the terms and conditions (and they could cancel your ticket). Also don't forget you get 10% free credit to spend next year, which is surprisingly generous IMO.

10% credit isn't going to get me much though, is it? Maybe 2-3 drinks

But technically I could get a refund and use someone else's 15% discount, right?

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

10% credit isn't going to get me much though, is it? Maybe 2-3 drinks

But technically I could get a refund and use someone else's 15% discount, right?

It depends on how much you originally paid but it's still a nice offer that I haven't seen replicated elsewhere.

On the second point, I'd check the smallprint but I think, yes, technically you could. If the other person decides to get a refund after all, your ticket could be cancelled though.

9 minutes ago, duckula said:

No refund until August? What the fuck?

Now that's sharp practice. Disappointing. And didn't realise the form was a pain too, it had looked like a simple typeform, that really is arsey of them.

Edited by xxialac

This is absolute bullshit. This has really soured me on Primavera, why would they kick the can down the road on refunds?

The form is really long and a pain in the arse as well, no doubt to discourage lazy people from filling it out.

Edited by duckula

3 minutes ago, duckula said:

This is absolute bullshit. This has really soured me on Primavera, why would they kick the can down the road on refunds?

The form is really long and a pain in the arse as well, no doubt to discourage lazy people from filling it out.

At least its not as bad as the problems I've been having with getting a refund for my flights from Ryanair! 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

The Wednesday is nice but it's not the heart of the festival. Simply one stage with 4-5 shows and later smaller shows on a club downtown.

Judging by 2020 plan- it was Jesus and Mary chain and Metronomy that headlined that day, the rest of the big acts are on the main days

So I would surely do it (in fact, did it once in the past when couldn't fly on Wednesday :))

Mary Chain are my unmissable band so this is v helpful!!

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Disappointing. Curious to see what "alternative solutions" they're offering people though.

A guided tour of DJ Coco's home by Bradford Cox. Gabi parked like Don Corleone in the final room, flanked by some heavies and with the door locked behind you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I have a feeling they will just straight up refuse refunds at a certain point - why drag it out until August? 

Also a reminder there's no guarantee any festivals are going ahead next year without a vaccine.

Edited by duckula

5 minutes ago, duckula said:

I have a feeling they will just straight up refuse refunds at a certain point - why drag it out until August? 

Also a reminder there's no guarantee any festivals are going ahead next year without a vaccine.

Not condoning what they've done which is shit but I guess they are struggling for working capital/cash and need to get as much as possible now whilst leaking as little as possible. They may also need to pay advances to the artists too. Also waiting to be paid out insurance monies.

Edited by xxialac

Find it very strange that they have said they'll reach out with alternatives in a hope of getting you to keep your ticket. 

They have already listed the perks of carrying your ticket over - so I wonder if they will offer something additional to those who bother to fill in the refund form? Might be worth completing within these two weeks if anyone has the slightest doubt of attending, considering they're throwing everything on the back burner for a few months anyway...

23 minutes ago, Float said:

Find it very strange that they have said they'll reach out with alternatives in a hope of getting you to keep your ticket. 

They have already listed the perks of carrying your ticket over - so I wonder if they will offer something additional to those who bother to fill in the refund form? Might be worth completing within these two weeks if anyone has the slightest doubt of attending, considering they're throwing everything on the back burner for a few months anyway...

Yeah, generous as the 2021 perks are, it would be kind of annoying if the "doubters" were to get something extra!

Imagine part of the alternative offer/timeline to reconsider the refund will be the rest of the lineup coming out, which should be finalised by the date given in August? I guess this makes sense in case they drop any really significant curve balls that would get people to change their mind and want to go again. This would allow flexibility, and them to keep their original ticket, rather than refund all of them now and then have those people compete to purchase a new ticket against everyone else (which could be difficult if there are really significant additions) if they did change their mind.

• Upvote 1