Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 minute ago, hhunting said:

probably been covered already, but is the non-attendance insurance ticket worth it or is it just a way for them to make an extra 8 euros per ticket?

Personally I'd say it's not worth it, as if you can't go it's pretty easy to resell a ticket. It just depends if you want the convenience of having the money back in your account straight away.

• Like 1

One thing I'm slightly concerned or curious about about is potential capacity. If tickets are on sale today, and the festival doesn't know fully how many people are keeping their 2020 tickets until two weeks' time is up, how does that add up? How do they even know how many tickets are 'available' to sell in that case?

Edited by jannybruck

Just now, jannybruck said:

One thing I'm slightly concerned or curious about about is potential capacity. If tickets are on sale today, and the festival doesn't know fully how many people are keeping their tickets until two weeks' time is up, how does that add up? How do they even know how many tickets are 'available' to sell in that case?

I think they've worked out that the rollovers + new buyers still won't lead to a sellout based on their vast experience of shifting tickets.

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

One thing I'm slightly concerned or curious about about is potential capacity. If tickets are on sale today, and the festival doesn't know fully how many people are keeping their 2020 tickets until two weeks' time is up, how does that add up? How do they even know how many tickets are 'available' to sell in that case?

they probably selling a reduced capacity, say it sells out today, could be a second tier once refunds are confirmed.

Just bought my VIP... buzzing

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Doja Cat is a pretty big new addition - she’ll essentially be headliner size by the time the festival comes around and I wouldn’t be surprised to see her pushed up the lineup as such, although also somebody I could see pulling out nearer the time as well....

Nobody I’m hugely bothered about in the new additions and still a few 2020 names that are unfortunately missing but it’s shaping up pretty pretty nicely, and as always a bunch of stuff I need to check out.

I think they could legitimately call FKA, Doja Cat and potentially Charli XCX headliners, each are definitely bigger than Brittany Howard, King Princess and Kacey Musgraves. FKA was meant to headline Lovebox and Doja Cat is having a moment.

16 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Anyone not got the 15% code yet? 

Just been emailed it.

I'm still not entirely sure if you can apply it to more than 1 ticket. I already have 2 and was hoping to apply it to buying 2 more. Which I could of done had my wife and I bought seperately. If you follow :D 

Says one use only . 

8 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Just been emailed it.

I'm still not entirely sure if you can apply it to more than 1 ticket. I already have 2 and was hoping to apply it to buying 2 more. Which I could of done had my wife and I bought seperately. If you follow :D 

Says one use only . 

Any indication of a time limit on their use, or are they valid as long as tickets are still on sale?

1 hour ago, Livvy Mae said:

I've booked this too, mixed room of four. Reviews seem really great but have some trepidation with being a hostel. Also booked a refundable Airbnb but I'm torn as I'm going as a single woman and don't want to be walking in 'rougher' areas alone at night. The hostel does seem really good though so probably will go with that as it's so cheap - probably see you there!

We've also booked the Primavera Hostel, looks really nice. If you see a middle-aged sleep-deprived couple, it's probably us.

• Like 1

OK - I must have lockdown brain this morning , struggling with this :D ............ is the code you have been sent 7 character length  ?

I already have 2 tickets - the code they provided is  ******* / *******

Two 7 character codes seperated by a forward slash. That doesn't work to unlock the discount. 

So have I been sent 2 codes ? And I use them seperately to buy 2 discounted tickets ?

They really could have made this clearer 

Edited by thespiral

1 minute ago, thespiral said:

OK - I must have lockdown brain this morning , struggling with this :D ............ is the code you have been sent 7 character length  ?

Two 7 character codes seperated by a forward slash. That doesn't work to unlock the discount. 

So is have I been sent 2 codes ?

Pretty sure that's the case, yeah.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thespiral said:

So have I been sent 2 codes ? And I use them seperately to buy 2 discounted tickets ?

They really could have made this clearer 

I got the same, and I also have two tickets. It’s one code for each ticket. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

"However, there are still many more surprises to reveal, which will be announced in the coming weeks"

Note: "weeks" not months.

Seems like they are going really hard and early...

where? 

Will be interesting to see how will this turn out. Line up is great, fan base ready to buy early. But no one can predict how will the world look this fall / winter, will international travel be up and running at the same speed next year as in 2019., will people have money to spend 6-7 weeks in Barca. Does anyone know in percentage, how many tickets Prima sells to fans in Spain, and how many are international fans?

Just now, Amsy said:

Hey folks, have any of you seen the information/link about applying for a refund? I wasn't able to see any information about it. 

They haven't made the link very easy to find in the email/s they've sent out, which is a bit shitty but I guess they're just very keen to persuade people to keep the tickets.

The form is here, active from later today.

Two questions:

1. Where do I do that thing to confirm that I'll be keeping my ticket? I've been getting emails but haven't seen that in any of them.

2. I've got a 15% discount code. What's to stop me from using it to get a cheap ticket, and then getting a refund on my original ticket? It's near enough a £40 difference and I really doubt the t-shirt and book will be worth that

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Two questions:

1. Where do I do that thing to confirm that I'll be keeping my ticket? I've been getting emails but haven't seen that in any of them.

2. I've got a 15% discount code. What's to stop me from using it to get a cheap ticket, and then getting a refund on my original ticket? It's near enough a £40 difference and I really doubt the t-shirt and book will be worth that

1. You don't 

2. That would breach the terms and conditions (and they could cancel your ticket). Also don't forget you get 10% free credit to spend next year, which is surprisingly generous IMO.

Edited by xxialac

Ominous statement from MA: "Whilst we fully support our industry and all the players and crew, we are also realistic about the ongoing situation and the affects it will inevitably have on shows next year. People will need to feel safe and the shows fully insured - we are positive but will monitor things going forward"

A reminder that the new normal is not normal.