Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

5 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

So, who's still missing among the interesting ones from 2020? 
Floating Points, Caretaker and? The lineup seems almost complete to me, I don't expect any more top 2 lines big name... Also, where the hell Doja Cat will be on the poster/play? :D

I'm still waiting for the City Slang acts, especially Noga Erez.

And also Artur Verocai and Die Katapult 

If they stopped there, I'd be happy. But they won't stop there! Must be another 60-80+ names to add, though mostly smaller ones.

Ideally also Bill Callahan would be back in the auditori and there's usually a great band from Africa - so hopefully Amazones d'Afriques will be restored.

Also RBCF, Brittany Howard and Floating Points all very likely. 

9 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

where the hell Doja Cat will be on the poster/play? :D

Imagine she'll be on mid-late afternoon on one of the larger stages. She just doesn't have the kind of catalogue yet to be doing stuff later on in the evening.

Edited by jannybruck

Weyes Blood and Bill Callahan are the two artists I hope will still be reconfirmed later, I was really looking forward to seeing both of them (also, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of any major female artists, Fka is basically the only name confirmed so far...)

12 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

So, who's still missing among the interesting ones from 2020? 
Floating Points, Caretaker and? The lineup seems almost complete to me, I don't expect any more top 2 lines big name... Also, where the hell Doja Cat will be on the poster/play? :D

Missing from 2020:
33EMYBW
LEWS AMAZONES D'AFRIQUE
ARTHUR VEROCAI
AURORA HALAL
AUTOMATIC
BEACH BUNNY
BEN UFO
BILL CALAHAN
BISCUIT
BLAWAN
BRITTANY HOWARD
BUTTECHNO
CALL SUPER & SHANTI CELESTE
THE CARETAKER
DJ COCO
CRUDO PIMENTO
D TIFFANY
FLOATING POINTS
DJ FRA
HICKEYS
IOSONOUNCANE
ISABELLA
IVY BARKAKATI
JANE FITZ
JOHN T. GAST
JOSEY REBLLE
DJ JULIETTA FERRARI
KACEY MUSGRAVES
DIE KATAPULT
DJ KELVIN
KILLAVESI
KIM GORDON
KIM PETRAS
KING PRINCESS
KURT VILE
LANA DEL REY
LAWRENCE LE DOUX
LILA TEQUILA
LINGUA IGNOTA
DJ LIZZ
LORENA ALVAREZ
LORY D
MAGGIE ROGERS
MARTHA
MACANICA POPULAR
MIKE DRED
NEJO
NORSICAA
OSCAR
MULERO
OTOBOKE BEAVER
PARK HYE JIN
PELADA
PENELOPE ISLES
PILE
RICHARD DAWSON
SAMPA THE GREAT
SHERELLA
SIDE CHICK
STELLAR OM SOURCE
SUDAN ARCHIVES
UNIFORMS
VTSS
WEYES BLOOD
DJ WHOISDUALIPA
ZA! & LA TRANSMEGACOBLA
ZOZO
ANIKA KUNST
BLOND:ISH
CHAOS IN THE CBD
HECTOR OAKS
JOY HAUSER
WILLIAM DJOKO
DAVE P
L DEVINE
LUNA KI
PANTOCRATOR
ROLLING BLACKOUTS COASTAL FEVER
TEKI LATEX
TETO PRETO
TOPS
AFRODEUTSCHE
COMA
LE HAMMOND INFERNO
HEALTH
JAKUZI
NOGA EREZ
ROOSEVELT

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, kitkat129 said:

Weyes Blood and Bill Callahan are the two artists I hope will still be reconfirmed later, I was really looking forward to seeing both of them (also, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of any major female artists, Fka is basically the only name confirmed so far...)

I think Charli XCX is a female.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Missing from 2020:
long list of acts missing

hits differently seeing it like this, hoping for Otoboke Beaver, Kim Gordon, Blawan, Hector Oaks and VTSS at least... but I imagine more DJs will be infilled later?

Edited by Livvy Mae
reduced size

7 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

So Nine Inch Nails really off the table?

Yeah, no room or budget for them now. Looking like 2022 instead.

4 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

also, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of any major female artists, Fka is basically the only name confirmed so far...

Doja Cat's just had a number one single and is looking to be on the rise but yeah, I'm guessing there's just no female headliners around next year now Lana's presumably not doing anything. Charli XCX can definitely pull a crowd though.

Edited by jannybruck

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Doja Cat's just had a number one single and is looking to be on the rise but yeah, I'm guessing there's just no female headliners around next year now Lana's presumably not doing anything. Charli XCX can definitely pull a crowd though.

Charli's new album is great and I would love to see her in 2021, but yeah I was thinking about female headliners, it's just a bit strange not seeing any after the 2019 lineup (unless we count Fka as a headliner). I guess you're right and simply none of them is around next year, but maybe we just have to wait a bit for new names

Doja Cat is a pretty big new addition - she’ll essentially be headliner size by the time the festival comes around and I wouldn’t be surprised to see her pushed up the lineup as such, although also somebody I could see pulling out nearer the time as well....

Nobody I’m hugely bothered about in the new additions and still a few 2020 names that are unfortunately missing but it’s shaping up pretty pretty nicely, and as always a bunch of stuff I need to check out.

• Like 1