Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

6 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

I´m sure they had more nightmares about things other than people asking for information but whatever.

Don´t want to be too pessimistic but is anyone else thinking/hoping that they are quietly working on an emergency "once in a lifetime Primavera in August 2021" plan? For all the different approaches to opening all over the world, the only overall agreement (with the exception of a certain Donald J. Trump who hopefully will be history by then) seems to be that concerts/festivals/sports events with big crowds will have a big problem until and including at the very least spring of 2021. It will certainly be a close call, too close not to have a plan.

Don’t understand your first point. The shitstorm I was referring to was coronavirus and its short term consequences, not people moaning.

Edited by xxialac

7 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

Cambridge dictionary:

Shitstorm: a situation in which a lot of people are disagreeing and arguing with each other

That´s what I meant.

OK, fair play, was using the term incorrectly then, sorry, just meant the general fuckery brought about by Coronavirus by anyone trying to run a festival.

Edit: Though it's clearly not as uniformly defined, e.g. Merriam Webster goes with "a wildly chaotic and unmanageable situation, controversy, or sequence of events".

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, whos3000 said:

So

If we will get MA/a replacement:

Pavement - MA - the national 

The Strokes - gorillaz--fka twigs

Tyler - tame impala- bad bunny

I've heard from a friend of Massive Attack that they are playing next year. But didn't someone in here say they're not playing on the Thursday?

I think Gorillaz will play on the Thursday; mixes things up as the other two are rock headliners and will be a big party. I think Tame Impala will replace Lana as from my experiences, they have some crossover in the fanbases. All the Pitchfork kiddos.

Not sure about Massive Attack though. Perhaps Saturday? Because none of the headliners there have an "alternative" feel to them

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've heard from a friend of Massive Attack that they are playing next year. But didn't someone in here say they're not playing on the Thursday?

I think Gorillaz will play on the Thursday; mixes things up as the other two are rock headliners and will be a big party. I think Tame Impala will replace Lana as from my experiences, they have some crossover in the fanbases. All the Pitchfork kiddos.

Not sure about Massive Attack though. Perhaps Saturday? Because none of the headliners there have an "alternative" feel to 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not sure about Massive Attack though. Perhaps Saturday? Because none of the headliners there have an "alternative" feel to them

Mmm strokes + tame Impala sounds too much classic indie in the same day. Great that we have MA then! 

Edited by whos3000

9 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Mmm strokes + tame Impala sounds too much classic indie in the same day. Great that we have MA then! 

Eh, they had Tyler, Bad Bunny and Disclosure, the three least standard indie headliners, all playing the Saturday this year. I’m sure it’ll just come down to who can play when and be as similar as they can make it next year.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

OK, fair play, was using the term incorrectly then, sorry, just meant the general fuckery brought about by Coronavirus by anyone trying to run a festival.

Edit: Though it's clearly not as uniformly defined, e.g. Merriam Webster goes with "a wildly chaotic and unmanageable situation, controversy, or sequence of events".

Maybe let´s agree on:

the Cambridge shitstorm is over while the Merriam Webster shitstorm might stay with us for a while.

• Upvote 1

Does anybody know how many tickets were already sold for the 2020 edition? If - let's say - 80% of these tickets are not returned, that would mean that a decent amount of tickets are "sold" for 2021 before the presale starts.

I think you’ll be surprised how quickly this shifts tickets. No real competition, an early fest in a nice location, an ace line up. People champing at the bit to get some inkling of light at the end of the tunnel planned, additional to majority of tix rolled over from previous year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chemica said:

I think you’ll be surprised how quickly this shifts tickets. No real competition, an early fest in a nice location, an ace line up. People champing at the bit to get some inkling of light at the end of the tunnel planned, additional to majority of tix rolled over from previous year. 

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people active on here and elsewhere asking about the logistics of coming to this for the first time – the announcement seems to have made some impact and a time when people want something to look forward to. Having a bulky lineup out there already (as well as Gorillaz and Tame Impala's only 2021 shows that've been announced so far) has really helped get a jump on other festivals next year.

Impossible to predict how many will refund or roll over tickets really because everyone's financial situation is different, but I don't think it'll struggle.

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people active on here and elsewhere asking about the logistics of coming to this for the first time – the announcement seems to have made some impact and a time when people want something to look forward to. Having a bulky lineup out there already (as well as Gorillaz and Tame Impala's only 2021 shows that've been announced so far) has really helped get a jump on other festivals next year.

Impossible to predict how many will refund or roll over tickets really because everyone's financial situation is different, but I don't think it'll struggle.

Do you think it's worth being on the ball on ticket release day then? I would hate to miss out because of a sell-out.

Thanks also for all your great answers earlier! They were very encouraging and exciting. Just another question: how much do you think is reasonable to expect to pay for accommodation from Tuesday - Sunday? 

2 minutes ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Do you think it's worth being on the ball on ticket release day then? I would hate to miss out because of a sell-out.

Thanks also for all your great answers earlier! They were very encouraging and exciting. Just another question: how much do you think is reasonable to expect to pay for accommodation from Tuesday - Sunday? 

That's a very hard question to answer as it's driven by your circumstances. Barcelona really caters to every budget. The hotels nearer the site are very expensive at the moment imo.

If money is a concern I would book somewhere further out on the yellow line or even better on the tram line from the Forum which heads up Avenida Diagonal (and which runs through the night unlike the metro 2 days of 3).

I'd be astonished if it sells out on ticket launch day. 

17 minutes ago, teamcampesinos! said:

No, there's absolutely no need to rush or panic about it. I think if it does sell out it'll be towards end of summer once people have a better idea of what's happening with their finances and events in general next year. Primavera always warns people when tickets are running low. A lot of people will be risk averse after being burned this year.

The accom question is "how long is a piece of string". You'll pay a premium to be closer to the festival but for a budget/mid-level hotel in town you're looking about 100-150 Euros or more a night. Look for anywhere near to a yellow line metro station. There are also many apartment/Airbnb options but those are more economical if you're sharing with friends. Also plenty of hostels if you're really on a budget.

Edited by jannybruck

40 minutes ago, teamcampesinos! said:

It's really hard to predict when it could sell out, these are uncertain times.

Gabi moved well, announcing a solid poster before any other and making offers to convince who already took a ticket to not ask for a refund and who didn't to buy it now that it's cheaper, also playing on our big desire for concerts...

I predict they are selling a lot of tickets next week but not selling out.

PS: I'm thinking about buying it with a friend 15% discount, but at the moment there are still no flights from south of Italy to BCN for June '21... And that's it :D

Edited by gigi21

I'm still unsure what to do with my flights. I'm flying with Ryanair, and I thought I had requested a refund but turns out it didn't go through.

Is it worth getting a refund and booking flights later in the year, or should I just change the flight dates? My flights were around £115 with luggage and fees though, so I'm not sure 

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm still unsure what to do with my flights. I'm flying with Ryanair, and I thought I had requested a refund but turns out it didn't go through.

Is it worth getting a refund and booking flights later in the year, or should I just change the flight dates? My flights were around £115 with luggage and fees though, so I'm not sure 

Depends on whether you would be up for a holiday in Barcelona if the festival doesn't go ahead. Could still have a great time as by then almost all stuff will be open. In which case, I'd reschedule.

Otherwise I'd get the money back and monitor the situation.

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Depends on whether you would be up for a holiday in Barcelona if the festival doesn't go ahead. Could still have a great time as by then almost all stuff will be open. In which case, I'd reschedule.

Otherwise I'd get the money back and monitor the situation.

I'm still up for a holiday in Barcelona, regardless of the festival. I'm going with a few friends and we're talking about hiring a car too, so I doubt we'll run out of things to do in a week...