Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

If we're in the discussion of additions then I'd love for  Protomartyr, Thom Yorke, Medhane, Girl Band, Angel Olsen, Angel Bat Dawid, Moses Sumney, MIKE and Death Grips to be added.

Still hoping that Bill Callahan, Sampa The Great, Arthur Verocai, Weyes Blood, The Caretaker, Kim Gordon, Richard Dawson, Pile, Blawan and Squarepusher are rolled over from the 2020 line up.

Edited by Guy Incognito

1 hour ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Ouch. 

I personally am loving the sight of the 2021 lineup, including The National and especially Pavement. What I love even more is the fact that the new dates are in half-term! (first world teacher problems, I know.) 

I am currently trying to convince my partner that we should take the plunge and get tickets. However, she's a little concerned about how exhausting the festival sounds. We have done five Glastonburys together, but that is always considerably cooler and with the option of popping back to the tent for power-naps. Are there any places for a shady sit-down on sight (ideally with a stage still in view!)? Is it simply hard-work with little respite? How should I go about convincing? 

Any answers would be so appreciated! 

Agree with all of the comments ("Ray Ban" stage is the best place to sit down and relax) and would like to add the advice to try and find a hotel in walking distance of the festival. For me, it really is worth the extra money to be able to walk past the late-night queues for buses and taxies and walk straight into your hotel. That way you don't need to save energy to get back at night.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jonnyx said:

I don't get Gorillaz. 

I don't understand how when they don't know who's available yet on next years festival circuit (ie NIN), we've rushed to fill the major spots. 

This looks a panic to stop people wanting refunds. 

Large bands plan tours well over a year in advance. the organiser of Panorama festival said that they are in discussions with their headliners 18months-2years in advance.

PS, and all major bookers/promoters,  will know exactly who is touring the European festival circuit in 2021 already.

Gorillaz and Tame Impala were likely booked months ago, and will already be booked for multiple other European festivals too.

It's highly unlikely that a band of headline status wouldn't already have been shopped around by their booking agents to promoters/festivals for next year.

3 hours ago, jonnyx said:

I don't get Gorillaz. 

I don't understand how when they don't know who's available yet on next years festival circuit (ie NIN), we've rushed to fill the major spots. 

This looks a panic to stop people wanting refunds. 

They could've booked Gorillaz in advance, at times they sign headliners 2 years prior to the festival.

I wasn't a fan over the past decade or so, but really liked all of their Song Machine singles and suddenly I'm hooked again. Assuming the plan is to continue releasing songs throughout the year and tour it next year, I'm down.

2 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Wasn't Perfume Genius ruled out for this year on the basis that he was supposed to be opening for Tame Impala over the weekend? He definitely won't be doing that next year! He would be a v good addition.

please! Set My Heart on Fire immediately has to be one of the best records released this year

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

It's cancellation insurance, basically. If you can't go, you can get your money back rather than having to resell it.

Is it more flexible in terms of you can buy it and if you decide not to go you get your money or you need a valid reason why you cant go like UK.

Just to chime in on the NIN talk.

I really dont buy them being in Europe next summer at all.

I think they will do their dates in NA. Especially Canadian dates given they had like...5 nights in Toronto (its unlikely to be a huge venue and probably Danforth but as a Irish guy I have never been to a NA gig so no idea if they could fill scotiabank for five nights. I saw radiohead there twice and they sold out both nights) They also didnt tour Canada at all last time (i was living there and it hurt, no pun intended) 

I think NIN are taking what they can get now. They return to score work. They will finish the Fincher movie and probably have a few more things lined up. Do some substantial NIN work. Tour NA with it...and then go to Europe for the festival circuit. 2022 timeline to me seems far more likely. 

Plus, I know Prim is very open in its curation but I cant see NIN being in 2021 line up at all. If the talk of Portishead coming back ....2022 with Portishead and NIN is a topline that sells itself and then some.  

7 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

Just to chime in on the NIN talk.

I really dont buy them being in Europe next summer at all.

I think they will do their dates in NA. Especially Canadian dates given they had like...5 nights in Toronto (its unlikely to be a huge venue and probably Danforth but as a Irish guy I have never been to a NA gig so no idea if they could fill scotiabank for five nights. I saw radiohead there twice and they sold out both nights) They also didnt tour Canada at all last time (i was living there and it hurt, no pun intended) 

I think NIN are taking what they can get now. They return to score work. They will finish the Fincher movie and probably have a few more things lined up. Do some substantial NIN work. Tour NA with it...and then go to Europe for the festival circuit. 2022 timeline to me seems far more likely. 

Plus, I know Prim is very open in its curation but I cant see NIN being in 2021 line up at all. If the talk of Portishead coming back ....2022 with Portishead and NIN is a topline that sells itself and then some.  

This. NIN will be the big returnee Act for PS LA 2021 and then do Europe in 2022

So

If we will get MA/a replacement:

Pavement - MA - the national 

The Strokes - gorillaz--fka twigs

Tyler - tame impala- bad bunny

With 

Young thug - bauhaus - iggy pop - brockhampton - beck - disclosure - Charli xcx - Jorja Smith -??? (replacement of Pnl/maybe just Jaime xx/even autechre?) as second liners

Sounds realistic? This would probably be PS most expensive/strongest set of headliners to date.

Without MA (money wise more realistic tbh but Gabi mentioning them without them being booked would be too weird even for Ps communication) 

Tame impala - pavement - the national 

The Strokes - gorillaz

Tyler - bad bunny - fka twigs

(headliners per day as balanced as I could but obviously random, I am more interested in figuring out if we are done with the second liners) 

Edited by whos3000

15 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

So

If we will get MA/a replacement:

Pavement - MA - the national 

The Strokes - gorillaz--disclosure 

Tyler - tame impala- bad bunny

I‘m still thinking there‘s no way they follow the 2019 line up with 0/9 female headline acts. Swap Disclosure with FKA twigs and Massive Attack with.. Portishead pleeaase

Since the 2020 forum is dead, I'll post it here but my friend made a great joke on twitter yesterday: he asked for the 2020 timetables. Just to be able to see my clashfinder and cursing about the overlaps. I know they've got better things to do but I thought quite a few of you guys here would appreciate that one too haha

Edited by Rhak

Gonna price this up over the weekend as that lineup is ridiculous. Seems like the best festival to book for next year as if it can't go ahead then hopefully having a week away in Barcelona would still be okay. 

Just wondering if anyone knows exactly how the 15% off offer works? I know one or two people who had 2020 tickets, so if it's easy/doable then I may as well save a bit of money. I've had a quick look through this thread and the website but can't see a definitive answer.

I dunno about having better things to do. Not having to run even 1 actual festival in the whole of 2020, let alone the 3 they had planned...that must free up some time.

Now the shitstorm has died down - and the last months must have been an absolute nightmare - and having successfully put together a core programme for 2021 a full *8 months* ahead of time, they must be looking forward to some downtime and an opportunity to do some fun marketing stuff like maybe a virtual weekend of programming or why not publish the timetable or do anything that keeps people engaged.

16 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just wondering if anyone knows exactly how the 15% off offer works? I know one or two people who had 2020 tickets, so if it's easy/doable then I may as well save a bit of money. I've had a quick look through this thread and the website but can't see a definitive answer.

I don’t think there’s really been any more information on this other than ‘15% off for a friend’ - no mention of how it’s gonna work or the timescale etc, so hoping that’s something they’ll clarify soon.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I dunno about having better things to do. Not having to run even 1 actual festival in the whole of 2020, let alone the 3 they had planned...that must free up some time.

Now the shitstorm has died down - and the last months must have been an absolute nightmare - and having successfully put together a core programme for 2021 a full *8 months* ahead of time, they must be looking forward to some downtime and an opportunity to do some fun marketing stuff like maybe a virtual weekend of programming or why not publish the timetable or do anything that keeps people engaged.

I´m sure they had more nightmares about things other than people asking for information but whatever.

Don´t want to be too pessimistic but is anyone else thinking/hoping that they are quietly working on an emergency "once in a lifetime Primavera in August 2021" plan? For all the different approaches to opening all over the world, the only overall agreement (with the exception of a certain Donald J. Trump who hopefully will be history by then) seems to be that concerts/festivals/sports events with big crowds will have a big problem until and including at the very least spring of 2021. It will certainly be a close call, too close not to have a plan.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think there’s really been any more information on this other than ‘15% off for a friend’ - no mention of how it’s gonna work or the timescale etc, so hoping that’s something they’ll clarify soon.

I think we will get the 15 % off code when the deadline for refund is over. Then they know who is keeping the tickets for 2021.