Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

The days are interchangeable of course but itdoesn't look right to me, surely there will be a female headliner. Can't say I'm too enthused about that set of headliners as I'd only see Pavement and Massive Attack but I'm very happy to not spend too much time in Mordor. 

I agree it looks strange without a female headliner, but now that Lana is seemingly out, who could it realistically be? Obviously no way of knowing who’s actually touring next year/who’ll have a new album by then etc, but for a somewhat niche festival like Primavera I can’t think of many female acts who fit the bill to be deemed headliner size. 

Edited by FloorFiller
Double words

Hmm just notice the ever reliable Ken has mentioned that he thinks we’ve got some more big acts left to be announced over in the Rock Werchter thread (whilst replying to somebody about NIN...)

Not gonna get my hopes up cause the lineup is already stacked and it’s hard to believe that there’s more big/headliner acts coming, but something to mull over at least.

4 minutes ago, Createur said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Maybe they are in need for some extra-cash and sell day tickets for Wednesday like they do for the Sunday.

Not an equivalent comparison though.

They didn’t sell day tickets for the Sunday before, all Sunday events were included in the price. They only started charging this year to the general public because djs on the beach was something new.

Are they? I never know who the headliners are at Primavera. Surely, Neutral Milk Hotel and Stereolab, being the newly reformed  cult bands in their years were "headline" in the sense they got people to buy tickets and those people were very excited, but they weren't in Morder because the general festival goer was more interested in boring  bands with name recognition like Arcade Fire and The National. Pavement seem similar a lot of people are very excited but many aren't arsed, could easily play Ray Ban or the old ATP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Are they? I never know who the headliners are at Primavera. Surely, Neutral Milk Hotel and Stereolab, being the newly reformed  cult bands in their years were "headline" in the sense they got people to buy tickets and those people were very excited, but they weren't in Morder because the general festival goer was more interested in boring  bands with name recognition like Arcade Fire and The National. Pavement seem similar a lot of people are very excited but many aren't arsed, could easily play Ray Ban or the old ATP.

Pavement are a huge booking for the festival because they are (or at least were) a worldwide exclusive, so would attract people from all over the world. Can’t imagine they’d agree to that to be stuck on some piddly stage in the corner of the site - they’re a main attraction for sure. They might not be THE main headliner of the day, but they’ll be at Mordor for sure.

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

But they made pavement pint glasses???

seriously, pavement were the only band apart from shellac we had confirmed for about eight months or so. They’re Mordor through and through. 

not that I’d mind if they were rayban. In fact that would be ace. 

Edited by Ohjesus

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Pavement were a much bigger and more respected act in their heyday than Neutral Milk Hotel and Stereolab. Stereloab were always very niche and I barely remember NMH back then.

I think that's all there is to it. They played the biggest stage in 2010, they are even more in demand now after a long hiatus and on exclusive.

Edited by xxialac

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pavement are a huge booking for the festival because they are (or at least were) a worldwide exclusive, so would attract people from all over the world. Can’t imagine they’d agree to that to be stuck on some piddly stage in the corner of the site - they’re a main attraction for sure. They might not be THE main headliner of the day, but they’ll be at Mordor for sure.

I was looking it the other way, why would a band of Pavement's stature agree to play Mordor, when they can play stages that have better sound, atmosphere?  They're not piddly little stages in the corner of the site, they're the heart of the festival.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Declan said:

I was looking it the other way, why would a band of Pavement's stature agree to play Mordor, when they can play stages that have better sound, atmosphere?  They're not piddly little stages in the corner of the site, they're the heart of the festival.

I really hope you're right mate as I would rather see them anywhere but Mordor.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Pavement were a much bigger and more respected act in their heyday than Neutral Milk Hotel and Stereolab. Stereloab were always very niche and I barely remember NMH back then.

I think that's all there is to it. They played the biggest stage in 2010, they are even more in demand now after a long hiatus and on exclusive.

NMH grew in stature in the interim years - and were announced Pavement style during the previous year's festival. Most people didn't get to seem the first time around, whereas Pavement toured extensively during their heyday and this is their second reunion.

Just now, Declan said:

NMH grew in stature in the interim years - and were announced Pavement style during the previous year's festival. Most people didn't get to seem the first time around, whereas Pavement toured extensively during their heyday and this is their second reunion.

I get your points, but Pavement are gonna be at Mordor regardless. There’s no way they reformed for these shows and these shows alone not to be on one of the main stages.

The concept of Headlining doesn't really apply to Primavera, because there isn't a big band closing off the main stage at 11 pm. The bands are listed alphabetically. There are four main stages (plus the Auditori). They don't need or deserve to shunted out to Morder as an afterthought to provide background music for National fans boozing.

• Downvote 2