Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

I imagine they'll add some names on Wednesday to try and get anyone who was on the fence over the line. Could well clear up the MA thing then too. Suspect MA will end up in, having been specifically mentioned by Gabi. But wouldn't rely on them being there as they have a more elaborate tour in mind and may change their plans as they have done in the past. 

One of the highlights of yesterday was Iggy Pop still being up for a European tour in all this. That man is an absolute legend.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

One of the highlights of yesterday was Iggy Pop still being up for a European tour in all this. That man is an absolute legend.

Yep really happy about this. One of those acts that I hope pops up on a festival I’m attending’s lineup every year before it’s too late. I’ll forgive him if he decides against inviting half the crowd on stage with him this time. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody know if there’s a time limit to the 15% ticket discount for friends for rolling over the ticket? Got friends who are interested but don’t have the money/don’t want to commit just yet.

Almost certainly. They'll want the money in the door now.

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

Massive Attack aren't on the website's either poster, act list or press release, so I guess they definitely aren't confirmed at the moment.

Odd one. Assuming they’re still figuring out other dates and whether it’s worth the hassle, especially with their environmental touring plan. What with both Tame Impala and Gorillaz being new additions I’m guessing it won’t be a hassle to the festival either way as they’ve already got an extra headliner in place. 

From the Primavera site: "The countdown starts with this first announcement of more than a hundred names, which will be completed over the next few months to shape the definitive lineup for our 20th anniversary."

Looks like we can expect the full lineup very early for 2021!

21 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

From the Primavera site: "The countdown starts with this first announcement of more than a hundred names, which will be completed over the next few months to shape the definitive lineup for our 20th anniversary."

Looks like we can expect the full lineup very early for 2021!

Yeah, the poster is 80% complete and I guess they just decided to drop a 100-name poster prior to the refund-day.

Almost certainly no contract has been signed. Maybe heads of terms only, which might make them more hesitant. It's been said on here that Massive Attack would be a cheap booking. I don't think that's the case with their elaborate stage setup and now tour plans.

Effectively it is in both MA and Primavera's interest that they are announced.

-Primavera get the benefit of a stronger looking lineup

-MA get some exposure without creating any commitment

Best Kept Secret will announce before June 15 so if they're in there, they will likely play PS as well.

I mean it would be really weird having them annoucend on the radio and finally not on the line up but that would explain why we have an extra headliner... And if it's really tame and gorillaz for LDR and MA then I have to say the line up got considerably worse 

Edited by whos3000

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

The National have announced their rescheduled dates and are listed as playing Primavera Sound on Wednesday 2nd!

The first day of the festival so entirely normal to be listed for then as a placeholder, pending a decision as to which of the days they end up playing.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

The first day of the festival so entirely normal to be listed for then as a placeholder, pending a decision as to which of the days they end up playing.

Yeah of course, would be cool to see a big headliner play the Wednesday but I'm sure it'll be The Jesus and Mary Chain again, which wouldn't be awful by any means. 

15 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah of course, would be cool to see a big headliner play the Wednesday but I'm sure it'll be The Jesus and Mary Chain again, which wouldn't be awful by any means. 

JAMC are also listed for 2 June but they specifically referred to 2 June in their short facebook post itself so they must be 99%+ signed up to be the Wednesday headliner again.