Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

15 minutes ago, DDave said:

So where do we get the t-shirt and book from, at the venue, in the post? (nice touch but they really didnt have to do that) 

I imagine at the festival. With the Primavera Pack, for example, you get a token for the book which you exchange at the PS shop on site.

You will be able to upgrade to VIP too, according to a twitter response. which is presumably not too expensive compared to a full VIP ticket. I’m tempted as I have the ticket already paid for, that money’s long since spent. 

Never been to Primavera but absolutely loving that line up so I’ll snap up a ticket next week. Quick question....

In the past I thought that Wednesday was open for a few small acts and then Thursday, Friday and Saturday were the main days and that was the lot. 2 - 6 June I see for this year so it looks like there’s 5 days to it now though. Is Sunday one of the main days to add to Thurs, Fri, Sat now then? Or is it another day like Wednesday? 

6 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

Never been to Primavera but absolutely loving that line up so I’ll snap up a ticket next week. Quick question....

In the past I thought that Wednesday was open for a few small acts and then Thursday, Friday and Saturday were the main days and that was the lot. 2 - 6 June I see for this year so it looks like there’s 5 days to it now though. Is Sunday one of the main days to add to Thurs, Fri, Sat now then? Or is it another day like Wednesday? 

The Sunday is a bunch of DJ sets rather than any live acts - not another full day of festival like the others. 

5 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

If 2020 had happened, you’d have a night on the Wednesday with a reduced line up that was still good but open to non ticket holders as usual 

But for 2020 the Sunday was planned as a daytime thing in the beach village with DJs, not normally open. 

usually they have smaller gigs at venues in the city on mon/tues/sun

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Guy in the RW thread saying NIN are touring early-mid June. Maybe still possible for this then?

Yeah saw that. Disappointing if that’s true and they haven’t been booked as I really don’t see room for them on the lineup as there’s seemingly already one extra headliner.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah saw that. Disappointing if that’s true and they haven’t been booked as I really don’t see room for them on the lineup as there’s seemingly already one extra headliner.

Maybe someone has been knocked down? I mean, Beck isn't really a headliner anymore 👀

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

You will be able to upgrade to VIP too, according to a twitter response. which is presumably not too expensive compared to a full VIP ticket. I’m tempted as I have the ticket already paid for, that money’s long since spent. 

But wouldn't that just be the price difference between the regular ticket and the current VIP ticket price?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If the rumour is true they must be there. Impossible they wouldn't have been booked given they were booked for LA. In 2021 I can think of MA, Pavement, Strokes, Tame, Gorillaz, Bad bunny, Tyler, maybe disclosure as first line headliners, with the National moved down to the second line togheter with Beck, Brockhampton, Bauhaus and FKA Twigs. So if they go for a 3-3-3 headliners there would be technically one free slot. But they are all males up there

Edited by whos3000

10 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

If the rumour is true they must be there. Impossible they wouldn't have been booked given they were booked for LA. In 2021 I can think of MA, Pavement, Strokes, Tame, Gorillaz, Bad bunny, Tyler, maybe disclosure as first line headliners, with the National moved down to the second line togheter with Beck, Brockhampton, Bauhaus and FKA Twigs. So if they go for a 3-3-3 headliners there would be technically one free slot. But they are all males up there

I'm not sure if I'm just out of touch with modern culture but The National below Bad Bunny and Disclosure sounds absurd to me

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm not sure if I'm just out of touch with modern culture but The National below Bad Bunny and Disclosure sounds absurd to me

I don't get Disclosure that high either. But Bad Bunny really is hugely popular, especially in spanish speaking countries I guess. I saw The National as a welcome addition in the 2020 line up, given the not overwhelming response to their last album and the fact they have been to PS regularly (and also very recently), definitely not as a ticket seller. I wouldn't be surprised if they move them down to the foruth name of the day, to make space for another more surprising headliner. Look at, for example, Slowdive, who were moved from headliners to second or third line in 2018  

Edited by whos3000

4 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I don't get Disclosure that high either. But Bad Bunny really is hugely popular, especially in spanish speaking countries I guess. I saw The National as a welcome addition in the 2020 line up, given the not overwhelming response to their last album and the fact they have been to PS regularly (and also very recently), definitely not as a ticket seller. I wouldn't be surprised if they move them down to the foruth name of the day, to make space for another more surprising headliner. Look at, for example, Slowdive, who were moved from headliners to second or third line in 2018  

That makes some sense. Perhaps MA could be moved down too then? They haven't had any new music in ages and they weren't a headliner at Mad Cool in 2018 either... 

What with the unusual circumstances of having to move over most of 2020’s lineup and then fill in the gaps of whoever couldn’t make it, NIN being absent from next years lineup could’ve purely been a case of them intending to tour right in to 2022 and so agreeing to wait another year (do LA next year and the other two the year after like was seemingly the plan this year) and the likes of Tame Impala and Gorillaz not intending to tour that long so doing the festival in 2021. All just speculation of course, but NIN squeezing in now seems like an impossibility to me, unfortunately. 

Has anybody seen them answer from PS in social media regarding are Massive Attack in or out?

They are not on the poster and artists list on the website as well. either a last minute addition or drop

I tend to believe they are in, since the radio show is probably more up to date than posts and web site that were prepared in advance