Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Roskilde has a much more different fanbase and status though. It's a lot more like Glastonbury and has a pretty much full five day programme, and doesn't rely on a lot of overseas attendees like PS.

Yes, I agree completely. Though doesn't affect my three additional points in Primavera's favour. 

Just now, stanh said:

sorry if this has been discussed, but which of the announced acts (on the tweeted poster) are headliners (if anyone knows)?

Tyler, the Creator, Bad Bunny, Gorillaz, Tame Impala, Pavement, The Strokes, The National, possibly Disclosure (and Massive Attack). Think that’s it? 

Just now, stanh said:

sorry if this has been discussed, but which of the announced acts (on the tweeted poster) are headliners (if anyone knows)?

It'll be The Strokes, The National, Massive Attack (if they are confirmed), Pavement, Disclosure, Bad Bunny and Tyler from the original lineup and then Gorillaz and Tame Impala as new ones

1 minute ago, whos3000 said:

I think mine is a understandable reaction since we went from Phead and NIN to Gorillaz and Tame Impala...

We actually went from Lana Del Rey to Gorillaz and Tame. The other two were nothing but rumors. And anyway, they've managed to rebook the huge majority of the original lineup, which was pretty awesome as it is, and seemingly expanded on it.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm didn’t class those as headliners myself, but suppose that’s up for debate. Guess they were highlighted/bolded on one of the posters they released...

I mean, they've never really defined 'headliners' since they've tried to push the new normal thing. Having people like Brittany Howard/Kacey Musgraves on similar tiers to the bigger names sort of infers they're headliners of some sort. It's an easy out for them, really.

1 minute ago, yaniv297 said:

We actually went from Lana Del Rey to Gorillaz and Tame. The other two were nothing but rumors. And anyway, they've managed to rebook the huge majority of the original lineup, which was pretty awesome as it is, and seemingly expanded on it.

Yep sure btw it doesn't matter. still the best festival of the year no doubt, regardless of personal tastes

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Under enormous pressure not to haemorrhage money, it's hard not to respect Primavera for sticking with their alphabetical order poster, a much less commercial approach.

Love this as it means each time you look at it you spot someone you didn't catch the first glance over and makes that lineup feel just that little bit better every time.

2 minutes ago, chemica said:

There’s some Odd Future conspiracy in my group chat. Tyler and Earl already there, Frank Ocean owes them one and they’ve currently got a Lana shaped hole in the initial line up. 

that Lana shaped hole was "covered" by Gorillaz and Tame Impala. I don't think Frank is on for 2021 but that'd be a dream

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

that Lana shaped hole was "covered" by Gorillaz and Tame Impala. I don't think Frank is on for 2021 but that'd be a dream

Ah, my mistake. I was seeing it as Gorillaz in for Massive Attack. But you could be right about Tame!