Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Never been a real gorillaz fan but I like the hits. Is there something I missed out about them recently than is making people excited? 

They're a pretty big band and Demon Days is pretty highly regarded as an album, + it's Damon Albarn. I'd give that album a go if you're interested. Last couple of albums were a bit shit though (imo) so steer clear of them.

2 minutes ago, WAILS said:

Anyone know how long we have to claim a refund? Sounds like we can start claiming for one from 3rd June but not sure when that time period ends. Just wanna keep options open

14 days.

If you're not sure or could do with the cash at the moment, I'd claim a refund and then just re-buy a ticket when things have calmed down a bit.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WAILS said:

Anyone know how long we have to claim a refund? Sounds like we can start claiming for one from 3rd June but not sure when that time period ends. Just wanna keep options open

A short time. Think it was 2 weeks.

The festival will almost certainly sell out given pent up demand so will be further opportunities to offload it. 

• Like 1

Overall I'm very impressed. If they bring back Kim Petras, Brittany Howard and Mavis Staples I'll have everything I wanted from the original lineup. Definitely keeping my ticket either way.

Really interesting that they fired out so many great new additions to get people to hold onto their tickets, rather than keep them in the bank until later on to push ticket sales. 

God It's nice to be excited again.

• Upvote 1

in my opininion all the headliners are already there (basically gorillaz replacing lana, fka twigs replacing kacey and tame impala being an upgrade from britanny howard). maybe a replacement TBA for PNL but that's it.  probably if bigger the artists were meant to reschedule, they would have by now (so i don't expect lana and kacey coming back and it also makes sense for them having other plans for 2021 as they are Americans). 

i expect a lot of medium sized act to be announced but wouldn't expect other huge names to be dropped. a lot of the unannounced yet acts will probably be from 2020 edition too. 

Edited by neacaisa

As others have stated, I don't really see how headliners the size of NIN and Portishead fit into this line up now. If have preferred both to Tame Impala and Gorillaz but I reckon NIN and Phead may have delayed until 2022. 

Perhaps Lana is still to be announced, they seem to have replied to a lot of tweets who are specifically asking about her. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

In the end, they will get very few ticket returns.

There. Has. Been. So. Much. Complaining. 

Are you sure about this?

You know, there are other reasons why someone gets a refund to a festival other than the line up: other holiday plans, they need the money for other stuff, family plans (like having a child or a wedding) . I still think the criticism for the lack of communication has been valid and trying to postpone the festival to August was amazingly stupid .

I am also on a Facebook group with people trying to go to the Tokyo Summer Olympics and even for that event, where it's way more difficult to plan and get tickets for there are lots of people that will drop the event altogether because they have other plans for next summer or any other reason.

49 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

in my opininion all the headliners are already there (basically gorillaz replacing lana, fka twigs replacing kacey and tame impala being an upgrade from britanny howard). maybe a replacement TBA for PNL but that's it.  probably if bigger the artists were meant to reschedule, they would have by now (so i don't expect lana and kacey coming back and it also makes sense for them having other plans for 2021 as they are Americans). 

i expect a lot of medium sized act to be announced but wouldn't expect other huge names to be dropped. a lot of the unannounced yet acts will probably be from 2020 edition too. 

I imagine some acts have probably reduced their fees as well to kickstart their touring operations next year and actually get an income - the competition from the number of festivals for next year, coupled with festivals not rising prices and having to cut their costs given the financial hit of this year will be a factor. Maybe it was no longer economically viable getting Lana.

5 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Are you sure about this?

You know, there are other reasons why someone gets a refund to a festival other than the line up: other holiday plans, they need the money for other stuff, family plans (like having a child or a wedding) . I still think the criticism for the lack of communication has been valid and trying to postpone the festival to August was amazingly stupid .

I am also on a Facebook group with people trying to go to the Tokyo Summer Olympics and even for that event, where it's way more difficult to plan and get tickets for there are lots of people that will drop the event altogether because they have other plans for next summer or any other reason.

We'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree.

>85% of ticket buyers for Roskilde kept hold of their tickets and that's even without these new names, pretty fully lineup and range of financial incentives that Primavera has.

20 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Perhaps Lana is still to be announced, they seem to have replied to a lot of tweets who are specifically asking about her. 

I don’t really see where she’d fit unless they’re planning on absolutely stacking the lineup, but I have noticed them replying to a lot of questions about her. Could just be that she’s the one big glaring omission from the lineup though so they feel obliged to answer, even if their answer does seem a bit leading.

Just now, xxialac said:

We'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree.

>85% of ticket buyers for Roskilde kept hold of their tickets and that's even without these new names, pretty fully lineup and range of financial incentives that Primavera has.

Roskilde has a much more different fanbase and status though. It's a lot more like Glastonbury and has a pretty much full five day programme, and doesn't rely on a lot of overseas attendees like PS.