Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

7 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I have tickets to see her on 10th June and still haven't heard anything. Should have a better idea of what her plans are soon! 

I guess you underestimate who much work everyone in the music industry is doing right now. And bc noone is making money, many agency forloughed staff, so the remaining employees have even more work to do. Could well take another month or so to finalise the rescheduling for concerts planned for early June.

I had tickets to an Explosion in the Sky gig that was canceled two weeks after it was supposed to happen.

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I guess you underestimate who much work everyone in the music industry is doing right now. And bc noone is making money, many agency forloughed staff, so the remaining employees have even more work to do. Could well take another month or so to finalise the rescheduling for concerts planned for early June.

I hat tickets to an Explosion in the Sky gig that was canceled two weeks after it was supposed to happen.

Oh I definitely understand that, didn't mean to sound impatient!  

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

Thanks. You think there‘s still room for a band like NIN? Headline seems pretty packed.

Not from what I can see unless certain bands are demoted.

But if they do Ill be front and centre. 

Same can be said for Portishead. The rumor they were good to go for 2021 floated around. 

The one thing I'd add is that the festival is still over 12 months away and the potential for a Winter wave of Coronavirus remains, in turn potentially restricting international travel or making bands lose their nerve and change their plans.

Inevitably at least one headliner will pull out and this opens up room for a replacement.

There will definitely be more cancellations across the board than in a usual year.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The one thing I'd add is that the festival is still over 12 months away and the potential for a Winter wave of Coronavirus remains, in turn potentially restricting international travel or making bands lose their nerve and change their plans.

Inevitably at least one headliner will pull out and this opens up room for a replacement.

There will definitely be more cancellations across the board than in a usual year.

hey, sergeant buzzkill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah but the Vaccines (Not the band, the thing) are coming, so it'll be ok i hope.

I'm also fully aware that this post makes this thread incredibly endangered of beieng overrun by tinfoil-hats but what can you do? 

Lineup for this is brilliant, and agree that its provided a much needed sense of optimism and something to look forward to it. Am I right in thinking tickets will be on sale early next month?

1 minute ago, BlackFoxx said:

Lineup for this is brilliant, and agree that its provided a much needed sense of optimism and something to look forward to it. Am I right in thinking tickets will be on sale early next month?

Yes, but I wouldn't rush into buying tickets personally. It's probably more sensible to keep an eye on how things are progressing over the next few months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

not to overplay it, and i know where xxialac is coming from of course - but with this news today i felt, for the first time in a few months, that there was a sunny future the other side of this 

and it felt GOOD.

Yeah, totally with you buddy. Sorry, didn't mean to sound negative, only point was that the lineup will change up a bit, that's all! Of course every chance vaccine still not emerged by then but you have to keep going and stay positive when realistic hope is there.

I'm a believer.... 

• Like 1

So what we thinking on Massive Attack? They were mentioned on the radio show right? And on the mail out poster... but for some reason not on the poster posted on social media. They in and were just supposed to be held back, or they out and have wrongly been announced? I'd personally prefer the latter for some mystery headliner excitement, but guessing it's most likely the former.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

So what we thinking on Massive Attack? They were mentioned on the radio show right? And on the mail out poster... but for some reason not on the poster posted on social media. They in and were just supposed to be held back, or they out and have wrongly been announced? I'd personally prefer the latter for some mystery headliner excitement, but guessing it's most likely the former.

Perhaps the contractual side hasn't been fully signed and sealed yet. They were also planning an elaborate tour by land (not taking any planes) so more complicated for them to arrange and commit to.

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

That sounds a bit shit.

Followed by an awesome closing party in town.

If my experience is anything to go by, most people are an absolute wreck by Sunday afternoon after 4 days of heavy festivalling and are after a low key afternoon.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Perhaps the contractual side hasn't been fully signed and sealed yet. They were also planning an elaborate tour by land (not taking any planes) so more complicated for them to arrange and commit to.

Maybe they will announce an album and then they would be confirmed

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Followed by an awesome closing party in town.

If my experience is anything to go by, most people are an absolute wreck by Sunday afternoon after 4 days of heavy festivalling and are after a low key afternoon.

Ahh! Still the party in the Apollo.