Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

One name I am a bit bummed out about not seeing is Arca. 

She won't be playing. Booked for Sonar this year, so they'll have first dibs on next year.

Would've also loved to see a bit more electronic stuff like her and Forest Swords but it's a decent spread of stuff overall and hopefully there'll be some more decent additions.

Edited by jannybruck

Just now, diogozsz said:

well, there are still 140+ names to be added!

Ya I know. Im greedy but after years of complaining in their line up drops, I am grateful we got so much so soon.

I should have been in Detroit last weekend for Movement so this has cheered me up. With that said, Id like a little bit of that line up at Prim....especially ANNA

Just now, puckno said:

I guess we might have The XX on the lineup, as Jamie XX is already in and The XX has album in the works.

I don't think so. the headline is overcrowded already now with only Lana out and Gorillaz, Tame Impala and FKA Twigs in. 

Also Romy is working on solo stuff, that'll come out first. 

Refund was never an option for me, but this is much better than I expected. 

I don't want to be greedy, but if I see Girl in Red, Georgia, Die Katapult, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott and Roosevelt in the next bunch of confirmed names, that's it, I won't need anything else.

• Upvote 1

Had a feeling she wasn't gonna be rebooked as she's toured the album to death but no Kacey Musgraves is disappointing. Hoping she'll be rebooked on the next one. Guessing FKA and Charli were booked to replace her and King Princess.

Anybody got a list of the new additions here?

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I don't think so. the headline is overcrowded already now with only Lana out and Gorillaz, Tame Impala and FKA Twigs in. 

Also Romy is working on solo stuff, that'll come out first. 

Ok, there were hints of new music not too far away this new year, e.g. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-xx-hint-new-music-arriving-soon-fourth-album-2591958

so that was my rationale for the suggestion.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Had a feeling she wasn't gonna be rebooked as she's toured the album to death but no Kacey Musgraves is disappointing. Hoping she'll be rebooked on the next one. 

Aye, that's the big loss for me.

No Brittany Howard is quite a surprise as she hasn't toured much yet.