Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Was gonna say it might be too soon after her headlining in 2018, but they got The National and Tyler back for this year so probably a none issue time-wise, although having three top level acts come back from 2018 wouldn’t be too great. Maybe she’ll return in 2022.

Oh, didn't realise she had headlined in 2018. But still, a new album and a 3 year gap should be enough. Seems more likely than someone like Stevie Nicks or Fiona Apple playing

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was gonna say it might be too soon after her headlining in 2018, but they got The National and Tyler back for this year so probably a none issue time-wise, although having three top level acts come back from 2018 wouldn’t be too great. Maybe she’ll return in 2022.

I agree with 2022. I'm a big Lorde fan and knowing her method of work the album will probably be released between March or June 2021. So I'd say 2022 is more likely since Melodrama was released on June 2017 and she played Prima the following year. 

4 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Yeah but basically everyone already saw them live. I mean, they are one of my favorites live acts but not a band I would go to Primavera for, given that they have been touring a lot. They could have been more appealing at the beginning of the mezzanine show 

I agree with you. I'm just saying they aren't cheap. And they haven't been touring any more than any other band from their era. A bit less if anything e.g. they've done about 40% fewer shows than Nine Inch Nails and Pearl Jam.

I got a room at Catalonia Sagrada Familia, which is near torre Glories, for 4 nights at 520 euros. Any idea if some of the closer hotels will have similar prices (bestprice or diagonal zero...)? My booking for bestprice for august was around 400 euros. I guess it's impossible to find similar prices for june, isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I got a room at Catalonia Sagrada Familia, which is near torre Glories, for 4 nights at 520 euros. Any idea if some of the closer hotels will have similar prices (bestprice or diagonal zero...)? My booking for bestprice for august was around 400 euros. I guess it's impossible to find similar prices for june, isn't it? 

Will be a fair bit more expensive.

3 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Diagonal zero is far more expensive. We paid 440 p.p. for four nights, incl. breakfast. Worth it for me as I want to go to bed asap after the music ends, but can imagine this price gap is a good reason to book elsewhere. 

But for anyone interested, I'd suggest to send them an email as they're very responsive and helpful.

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Diagonal zero is far more expensive. We paid 440 p.p. for four nights, incl. breakfast. Worth it for me as I want to go to bed asap after the music ends, but can imagine this price gap is a good reason to book elsewhere. 

But for anyone interested, I'd suggest to send them an email as they're very responsive and helpful.

Ouch that’s almost 900euros on the hotel. Wonder how much it costs normally for four nights when the festival isn’t on.

22 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Damn it.. I cancelled my booking last week

Same - but my feeling is they wouldn’t have honoured/rescheduled at the low price we booked at anyway with the secret August date Knowledge  

or at least that’s what I’m telling myself.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

Same - but my feeling is they wouldn’t have honoured/rescheduled at the low price we booked at anyway with the secret August date Knowledge  

or at least that’s what I’m telling myself.  

100% they would have wanted to reset the pricing!

10 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Maybe NIN will replace Massive Attack. With seemingly no new material to present they aren't a really big ticket seller imo 

Weren't Massive Attack supposed to release an album - some years ago? Can remember them claiming to do so after dropping Ritual Spirit and The Spoils. Which are great EP's by the way. 

Edited by lighthouse

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Weren't Massive Attack supposed to release an album - some years ago? Can remember them claiming to do so after dropping Ritual Spirit and The Spoils. Which are great EP's by the way. 

Oh those are two brilliant EPs.

Yeah they were. They've done 5 albums in 30 years. Not in a hurry, those guys!

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Ouch that’s almost 900euros on the hotel. Wonder how much it costs normally for four nights when the festival isn’t on.

The wednesday was 150 a night, thursday - saturday was 240. So, I guess 150 is more like the regular tariff

Edited by Marty76

I hope they book Arca again, this time with a proper live show. I've seen her 4 times and every time it was a dj set (one gig was specifically advertised as a live set) . As amazing her dj sets are, I would like to see her performing her songs. 

P. S. Judging from the leaks the new album is a serious aoty contender imo 

Edited by whos3000

20 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I hope they book Arca again, this time with a proper live show. I've seen her 4 times and every time it was a dj set (one gig was specifically advertised as a live set) . As amazing her dj sets are, I would like to see her performing her songs. 

P. S. Judging from the leaks the new album is a serious aoty contender imo 

Yeah the 2018 set wasn't great imo but I'd definitely be up for seeing her again with a proper live set up. 

Edited by Guy Incognito
  • Like 1

Arca's live set was utterly dreadful at Sonar last year or the year before, and not even challenging in an interesting way. Think we're unlikely to see her on the lineup as she was booked for Sonar this year too and they will get first dibs on rebooking.

I'm hoping for other decent cool electronic names to come back for PS next year though: Forest Swords, Oneohtrix, maybe even Fuck Buttons.

Edited by jannybruck

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Arca's live set was utterly dreadful at Sonar last year or the year before, and not even challenging in an interesting way. Think we're unlikely to see her on the lineup as she was booked for Sonar this year too and they will get first dibs on rebooking.

I'm hoping for other decent cool electronic names to come back for PS next year though: Forest Swords, Oneohtrix, maybe even Fuck Buttons.

wow yeh come back fuck buttons please