Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

11 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

so which headliners from 2020 is it likely will not be at 2021 do we reckon?

Anybody fragile or elderly, i wonder how many bands or band members will drop touring in fear of their health. 

There's generally a young demographic in most of the bands which is good. Bauhaus, Iggy, Bill Callaghan, Kim Gordon, Mavis Staples, Maria Del Mar Bonet are some of the top tier acts that are questionable imo. 

Iggy has committed to a date in 2021. He eats Covid and spits it regularly.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

6 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

so which headliners from 2020 is it likely will not be at 2021 do we reckon?

I’d say Lana seems least likely but that’s based off of nothing other than her not touring all that often and possibly being awkward to rebook. Other headliners, it’s hard to say, as they’re all regular tourers and some have even rescheduled to next year already. The Strokes maybe? Just because they’re also rare tourers, although I’m sure Gabi will’ve gone above and beyond to get them back.

48 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Anybody fragile or elderly, i wonder how many bands or band members will drop touring in fear of their health. 

There's generally a young demographic in most of the bands which is good. Bauhaus, Iggy, Bill Callaghan, Kim Gordon, Mavis Staples, Maria Del Mar Bonet are some of the top tier acts that are questionable imo. 

Iggy has committed to a date in 2021. He eats Covid and spits it regularly.

If I were 53 year old Bill Callahan I’d object to being called fragile or elderly. He looks in perfect health to me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d say Lana seems least likely but that’s based off of nothing other than her not touring all that often and possibly being awkward to rebook. Other headliners, it’s hard to say, as they’re all regular tourers and some have even rescheduled to next year already. The Strokes maybe? Just because they’re also rare tourers, although I’m sure Gabi will’ve gone above and beyond to get them back.

I think that LDR sells too many tickets to be dropped...She's one of the few very strong-very marketable female headliners of the season. Only scenario I can think of without her is with a strong female replacement. But who? Fiona Apple? Grimes? not as popular as LDR...

8 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I think that LDR sells too many tickets to be dropped...She's one of the few very strong-very marketable female headliners of the season. Only scenario I can think of without her is with a strong female replacement. But who? Fiona Apple? Grimes? not as popular as LDR...

Well Lana did mention that she had another new album in the works that was originally due to be released this summer, so assuming that's now been put on hold until next summer it might be more reason for her to be back on the road and hopefully fulfilling her 2020 commitments. I'd be gutted if she wasn't there - I know her live shows are supposed to be spotty at best, but I was really looking forward to seeing her, and she's certainly the act my other half was looking forward to most. 

Could see both Fiona Apple and Grimes filling in second tier headliner spaces but might be a bit of a stretch to give either a top line slot, although with King Princess getting a sizeable notch up the lineup this year who knows - I think they'd make a conscious effort to get some female acts up top regardless of if they're necessarily 'big enough'.

I was going to get a refund, but have had a change of heart and will now attend next year!

Tried to get a room at Diagonal Zero but all gone unsurprisingly...managed to get one at some place called Hotel Front Maritim which was the closest one to the festival site that still had rooms according to Expedia.

Can't wait for next june!

13 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I was going to get a refund, but have had a change of heart and will now attend next year!

Tried to get a room at Diagonal Zero but all gone unsurprisingly...managed to get one at some place called Hotel Front Maritim which was the closest one to the festival site that still had rooms according to Expedia.

Can't wait for next june!

zero usually only opens up bookings in a few weeks or so for the following year.

i've booked Maritim this year for a change as it's closer to the beach. it's not a bad walk from the fest (0.8  miles) or you can get rickshaws which are such good fun

14 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Maybe NIN will replace Massive Attack. With seemingly no new material to present they aren't a really big ticket seller imo 

Would be ideal for me. Massive Attack are good but as a live prospect I wasn't exactly looking forward to seeing them, and considering they were only doing a few random shows I can imagine they could easily just decide against rescheduling for next year.

I’d have Massive Attack as one of the most likely options. They had this new concept of touring without taking planes which they are in part running with to promote their green activism. And they’re one of the most prominent names in music in the last 30 years with elaborate stage sets up. Any band that can sell out the O2 arena isn’t cheap. 

32 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

zero usually only opens up bookings in a few weeks or so for the following year.

i've booked Maritim this year for a change as it's closer to the beach. it's not a bad walk from the fest (0.8  miles) or you can get rickshaws which are such good fun

Ah ok cheers, I will check SB Diagonal again at some point although to be honest the Maritim sounds absolutely fine.

I guess Massive Attack truly stumbled upon the most eco friendly way to play festivals this year – by not have any festivals in the first place. 🤷

I'd be happy to see them back if they were rebooked I think, though it wouldn't have me scrambling to rebook as they tour pretty regularly. They're a great live band when they're on form though.

Edited by jannybruck

The elephant in the room here is Brexit.

As if bands aren't suffering enough, if the UK leaves the EU at the end of this year, the terrible conditions Patel (can barely bring myself to type her name) is imposing on overseas people needing a visa will be an additional cost to be met as well as an additional administrative headache. And will probably be reciprocated in a tit-for-tat.

Will UK bands play Primavera? Of course. But it will be a less appealing prospect thanks to this ideological project.  

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just read that Lorde is working on a new album. Reckon she could be a potential choice for headliner? Especially if the album is a success

Was gonna say it might be too soon after her headlining in 2018, but they got The National and Tyler back for this year so probably a none issue time-wise, although having three top level acts come back from 2018 wouldn’t be too great. Maybe she’ll return in 2022.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I’d have Massive Attack as one of the most likely options. They had this new concept of touring without taking planes which they are in part running with to promote their green activism. And they’re one of the most prominent names in music in the last 30 years with elaborate stage sets up. Any band that can sell out the O2 arena isn’t cheap. 

Yeah but basically everyone already saw them live. I mean, they are one of my favorites live acts but not a band I would go to Primavera for, given that they have been touring a lot. They could have been more appealing at the beginning of the mezzanine anniversary tour 

Edited by whos3000

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The elephant in the room here is Brexit.

As if bands aren't suffering enough, if the UK leaves the EU at the end of this year, the terrible conditions Patel (can barely bring myself to type her name) is imposing on overseas people needing a visa will be an additional cost to be met as well as an additional administrative headache. And will probably be reciprocated in a tit-for-tat.

Will UK bands play Primavera? Of course. But it will be a less appealing prospect thanks to this ideological project.  

It'll be less frictionless than now, but it certainly won't be any worse for UK bands touring Europe than for bands already coming from anywhere else in the world.