Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

If half an year of hype gone wasted taught us something is that Primavera is not yet at the stage to book someone big as Glastonbury /Coachella current headliners AND keep their overall quality. So safe to say we won't see any Kendrick Lamar or Travis Scott on top of the line up. Just to kill any discussion leading to disappointment from the start :D

In an ideal scenario I'd let my ticket roll over but can't really afford to do so as am already doing the same with Glastonbury and a couple of smaller festivals. 

I'm sure I'll be back in 2021, assuming it happens. Excited to see who they have booked. I really liked the 2020 line up overall but the only headliners I was intending to see were Pavement and Massive Attack so I won't mind if they have to change most of the top of the bill. 

Fingers crossed they manage to rebook most of the line up though as there were some really special bookings hidden further down the bill this year. 

Gabi said that Portishead would possibly tour as he thinks they may be active. He said that 2021 might be too early. I think if they are playing Primavera 2021 (which is unlikely I'd say) then they won't be announced in June, but with the full line up next year. I doubt they'd let Primavera announcing some of their line up earlier alter/spoil their own announcement plan for any gigs, festivals etc. 

39 minutes ago, Andrej said:

If i had to guess now; Pavement / The Strokes / Tyler / The National / Massive Attack will do 2021

no sure about Lana.

Can well believe that it will be almost the same on the top line. Can't not have a female headliner though. Pavement probably no longer exclusive. 

Really hope Iggy Pop can still make it. Must be running out of chances to see him live in Europe...

Not their best shot to move the festival to late august first. They’ve a fabulous reputation but not everybody in the business was happy with that move. Spain was in big Corona trouble when they announced it. 

Good thing to announce this before the Spanish government. Smart move.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 1

How about we play a little game?

Pick 10 artists that you think will be announced on June 3rd.

- 1 point if they were announced for P2020 and are active next summer

- 2 points if they were announced for P2020 but have not indicated whether they'll be active next summer

- 3 points if it's an act that wasn't announced for P2020

Prize TBA

Think Lana will probably be the only one of the 'original' headliners to pull out. She's always been pretty apathetic when it comes to touring so I'd be surprised if she agrees to do next year's festival circuit. I think maybe The National might be an iffy one as well considering this year wasn't even an album cycle for them.

I think we'll possibly lose Kacey Musgraves and Young Thug from the top tiers as well.

Edited by jannybruck

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Think Lana will probably be the only one of the 'original' headliners to pull out. She's always been pretty apathetic when it comes to touring so I'd be surprised if she agrees to do next year's festival circuit. I think maybe The National might be an iffy one as well considering this year wasn't even an album cycle for them.

I think we'll possibly lose Kacey Musgraves and Young Thug from the top tiers as well.

Lana has supposedly got another new album out this year (possibly pushed to a later date now) so may still be touring in support of that.

Wouldn’t be too fussed about losing The National tbh, and maybe we could even get Matt solo instead. 

Reckon you’re right about Kacey which would be unfortunate but just can’t see her touring that same album for another year and will probably be working on a new one. 

46 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think maybe The National might be an iffy one as well considering this year wasn't even an album cycle for them.

The National will be playing Rock In Rio Lisboa so they’ll definitely be touring Europe in 2021. I’d say there’s a huge chance of them playing Primavera as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, whos3000 said:

If half an year of hype gone wasted taught us something is that Primavera is not yet at the stage to book someone big as Glastonbury /Coachella current headliners AND keep their overall quality. So safe to say we won't see any Kendrick Lamar or Travis Scott on top of the line up. Just to kill any discussion leading to disappointment from the start :D

Coachella and PS shared Tame Impala as headliner last year...

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The National will be playing Rock In Rio Lisboa so they’ll definitely be touring Europe in 2021. I’d say there’s a huge chance of them playing Primavera as well. 

They can have another go too at playing High Violet after they made the wrong call this year.