Tribes

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Fucking hell, was not expecting that, absolutely loved their first album! Not sure id still have the same appreciation if i heard it for the first time now mind you, but would be all over any gigs for the nostalgia kick.

Yeah that's where I'm at. Those songs from the first album hold a lot of great memories as I was just starting to get into live music properly around then. Pleasant start to Monday morning anyway.

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Yeah that's where I'm at. Those songs from the first album hold a lot of great memories as I was just starting to get into live music properly around then. Pleasant start to Monday morning anyway.

Same here. I have no idea what size venues they'd warrant on a return, but hopefully they put on a small warm-up gig before any full UK tour, whenever that's possible - would be all over that! 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Same here. I have no idea what size venues they'd warrant on a return, but hopefully they put on a small warm-up gig before any full UK tour, whenever that's possible - would be all over that! 

Johnny's said it's a reunion show, more info on Friday. Hopefully this is just a warm up as you say though. Feels like it could just be a one off charity thing though.

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Tried to see Johnny Lloyd on the Thursday last year before Frank Turner but as happens at Glastonbury, we just kind of...didn't make it up there. Didnt help that I wasnt entirely sure where Strummerville was.

Was he good?

He was ace yeah. It's a small area so I think most were there for Frank Turner but a few of us were going mad for the Tribes tunes. Saw him at the Greenpeace Stage the day before as well. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Tried to see Johnny Lloyd on the Thursday last year before Frank Turner but as happens at Glastonbury, we just kind of...didn't make it up there. Didnt help that I wasnt entirely sure where Strummerville was.

Was he good?

Missed him then he was great on the Wednesday though. No idea where it was though and I'd had more than a few so was that w*nker just singing all the Tribes songs I knew.

• 3 months later...