14 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Would love to see Panic outright headline, think they will next album cycle. They sold their UK tour out in minutes, so would definitely draw a crowd. Thought they were class in 2018.

As for Twenty One Pilots, yeah, could see them doing it too, possibly next album cycle as well. I sometimes forget just how big they are to be honest.

Both were brilliant at Reading, Panic just keep rising, if they have another album as big as PFtW then definitely big enough to headline

TØP as much as I love them, I find it slightly harder to picture them outright, don’t get me wrong id love to see it and think they’d smash it I just think Panic would be more likely

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Panic and Royal Blood I can definitely see.

Panic headlined 2018 didn’t they?

edit: my bad, just checked and they co-headlined

Edited by Jack.194

Lewis Capaldi. I'm not a fan, personally can't see what the fuss is about, he's painful to listen to. But the charts and numbers don't lie; so many people like his music and if he carries on the way he's going, he'll headline within 5 years

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Someone not mentioned so far, Post Malone.

Because he headlined already?

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because he headlined already?

Ah shit yeah, totally forgot that happened and could only remember his special guest slot 🤣

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Ah shit yeah, totally forgot that happened and could only remember his special guest slot 🤣

He only co headlined, outright could happen

On 5/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Bastille Yh I see what you mean, I think sub 3rd down is there level now

Vampire Weekend tho, if they can sub Glasto imo they can atleast co at Reading, when R&L eventually decide to get Catfish back again, them and Vampire Weekend would be a very entertaining duo

I think bastille are basically the wombats/vaccines/kooks size. definitely not subbing

Vampire Weekend are great but not a chance they would co-headline, really not the right audience for them I think. They would be better suited headlining smaller festivals like latitude, isle of wight etc with a older audience

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I think bastille are basically the wombats/vaccines/kooks size. definitely not subbing

Definitely, they subbed Catfish at Citadel last year with their new album, I don't see them ever getting bigger now but can see them being a stalwart 'big' indie band like those you mentioned 

5 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

He's still alive..

In the future you dick head.

Agreed with the earlier sentiment that it’s difficult to see which Guitar acts are going to make the jump up. The only guitar act I can see rising up are Sea Girls, maybe Vistas and Easy Life too.

In a fair and just world, 100gecs will headline Reading in the future.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

Tyler The Creator will hopefully get the call one day

Tyler is easily a sub or a coheadline already.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:47 AM, Matt42 said:

I guess I’d have to see the reception to yungblud’s sets this year to see whether he’s on a trajectory. This is the annoying thing with the the summer being cancelled, we don’t know who is a rising star at the moment and we won’t know until next summer.

Sold out five nights at the 2k+ capacity Kentish Town Forum. Don’t need spidey-senses to know he’s a big deal. No lower than mid-Main or R1 sub at this point.

On 5/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, HornetMan said:

Lewis Capaldi. I'm not a fan, personally can't see what the fuss is about, he's painful to listen to. But the charts and numbers don't lie; so many people like his music and if he carries on the way he's going, he'll headline within 5 years

No chance he’ll be slightly big in 5 years time, artists like that swing in and out of fashion, Sheeran is the only one to buck the trend

Sorry to say that no matter how good their next album is, Don Broco will never be big enough to headline Latitude/Boardmasters let alone R/L

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Sorry to say that no matter how good their next album is, Don Broco will never be big enough to headline Latitude/Boardmasters let alone R/L

Didn't know we had Houdini on efestivals. For all you or anyone else knows they could put out the next Hot Fuss or something. I'm not even a big don broco fan just this comment is so stupid.

----

anyone else think that the next new headliner could be an act who hasn't ever played the festival yet?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

anyone else think that the next new headliner could be an act who hasn't ever played the festival yet?

Introducing Geoooorrrrgeeee Ezraaaaaaaaa!

Or Lizzo, don't think she's played before

Edited by Gerard the Fab

22 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Introducing Geoooorrrrgeeee Ezraaaaaaaaa!

Or Lizzo, don't think she's played before

She has. 

Pretty certain he has played bbc introducing too.