Legend Slot 2021

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

So, for years, all I've been able to hear as the lyrics for "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" are:
"Come on my hair! Do it again!"
And I've never bothered to look up what they really are. Turns out, it's "Color my hair! Do what I dare"

I think my version was more interesting.

When I was a kid I thought the Lyric to Revolution by Tracy Chapman said Cinderella waiting for a promotion but it's actually just Sitting around waiting for a promotion. I think my version was more poetic!! 

Although my funniest misheard lyric story is my husband's cousins friend thought the lyrics to Dragging me Down By Inspiral Carpets was

William Shakespeare behind the curtain

even though you've come as a Martian 

It's actually I'm seeing shapes behind the curtain
You're looking older but you can't be certain

Anyway my husband's cousin told Clint Boon this one night when he was dj'ing in South. The next time we saw them live Stephen Holt only bloody sang the misheard lyric in full which must have confused everyone else but we were all doubled over laughing!

41 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not a legend surely ... that won’t impress me much .. 

It’s back to what your definition of “legend” and expectations for that slot is. The pool of bona fide legends like Dolly and D.Ross is rapidly diminishing. There aren’t many left for the festival to book.

My expectation is that the slot will subtly change over time towards acts who have been around for a while and can guarantee a big crowd, a few bangers and a party vibe. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My expectation is that the slot will subtly change over time towards acts who have been around for a while and can guarantee a big crowd, a few bangers and a party vibe. 

Agreed, then there are others e.g. Elton John who is a legend in his own right, but would be more likely to headline, I’m interested to see how it changes in the coming years 

Edited by Chapple12345