Legend Slot 2021

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Assuming that Ross becomes a no then Cat Stevens,  he was touring 50th anniversary of the tillerman album this summer, It would be a great link of 50ths that became 51st.

I’ve just had notification that his August gig in Glasgow Kelvingrove Park has been rescheduled but no indication if it’s moved to next summer., I actually thought Glastonbury might have got him this year. Would love to see him no matter what stage. 

So who else in on the list of potential legends who’ve yet to do it? 

There’s been some stellar names over the past few years, which means there are now fewer genuine legends to choose from. 

Kylie doing it at 51 means the age of a legend may decrease and open up the doors a little.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So who else in on the list of potential legends who’ve yet to do it? 

There’s been some stellar names over the past few years, which means there are now fewer genuine legends to choose from. 

Kylie doing it at 51 means the age of a legend may decrease and open up the doors a little.

I think Duran Duran would nail it.

10 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Stevie Nicks? would obviously prefer her with the rest of the band but she had solo dates planned for this year which have the potential to be pushed back until next

I don’t think she quite fits the profile for that slot. It’s more of a party slot these days.

I'd love to see the slot be broadened out in terms of who could fill it.

Mariah Carey, Carole King, Genesis, Dire Straits, Billy Joel, Destinys Child, No Doubt, Spice Girls (with Posh), ABBA (lol), Barry Manilow all potentials i'd put on a long list. I'm sure they can think of someone i've not mentioned.

I don't think they will be as big as Kylie and Diana every year.

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mariah Carey, Carole King, Genesis, Dire Straits, Billy Joel, Destinys Child, No Doubt, Spice Girls (with Posh), ABBA (lol), Barry Manilow all potentials i'd put on a long list. I'm sure they can think of someone i've not mentioned.

Would Erasure fit in this slot? I've always thought they'd be good fun! 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’ll have to broaden.

What with Di Ro, Kylie, Dolly, Bazza and Lionel they’ve had some stellar names recently.

Could J-Lo do it?

Robbie Williams is probably in the frame. 

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I think it’ll have to broaden.

What with Di Ro, Kylie, Dolly, Bazza and Lionel they’ve had some stellar names recently.

Could J-Lo do it?

Robbie Williams is probably in the frame. 

I’d imagine Robbie still fancies himself as a headliner.

39 minutes ago, northernringo said:

The Kinks would be amazing, rumours of them touring again every so often

Yes, I tend to start this rumour just in case it’s true😁 . They always seem to appear on the rumours page early but drop off it as the festival nears. 

One day it will happen!