Isle of Wight 2021

galbani

There was a real problem with the sound on the main stage during the Friday morning. They sorted it pretty quickly and after that there were no problems all weekend from what I saw - all the stages sounded great.

Has to go down as a very successful year I would say. It was extremely busy so I assume ticket sales were good. There was a great atmosphere on-site and everything seemed to be running smoothly. I really hope the festival can move on from here now and we can start to see some decent line-ups again. The line-ups have been poor for years but everything else about the festival is now fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

There was a real problem with the sound on the main stage during the Friday morning. They sorted it pretty quickly and after that there were no problems all weekend from what I saw - all the stages sounded great.

Has to go down as a very successful year I would say. It was extremely busy so I assume ticket sales were good. There was a great atmosphere on-site and everything seemed to be running smoothly. I really hope the festival can move on from here now and we can start to see some decent line-ups again. The line-ups have been poor for years but everything else about the festival is now fantastic. 

Great weekend and mostly spot on but they need to sort the Big Top for next year as the access wasn't working at all. 

People were congregating on the left, blocking entrances and there was loads of space on the far side of the tent. Security needed to be moving people over to the far side to allow more in.

Was potentially dangerous at points too esp Scouting for Girls on Thursday. Similar for Kaisers and Example. 

What impressed me the most that when the litter picking contractor was let down by agency staff on the first night, John & Caroline Giddings got stuck in picking up rubbish along with site crew, H&S, decor team etc.

Great team spirit here, first time and have had a good 2 weeks working here and a few days left.. and Duran Duran were brilliant last night! 😁

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Samba123 said:

Great weekend and mostly spot on but they need to sort the Big Top for next year as the access wasn't working at all. 

People were congregating on the left, blocking entrances and there was loads of space on the far side of the tent. Security needed to be moving people over to the far side to allow more in.

Was potentially dangerous at points too esp Scouting for Girls on Thursday. Similar for Kaisers and Example. 

Agreed , although for both scouting and kaisers we managed to go to the back of the tent 10-15 mins before they started and walk pretty freely round the back and the the opposite side of the big top and had heaps of room around us . 

The big top had an amazing atmosphere - loved it