Isle of Wight 2021

galbani

12 hours ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Can't say that Im surprised this is the most bland lineup i've seen in years (international restrictions or not)

At least I don't have to spend 75 quid just to see supergrass and duran duran, cheers victorious for saving me

Is there an exciting line up this year?

I think the problem with IOW currently is that they have 0 clue which demographic they're going for. The only headiners that seem to possibly fit together are Liam Gallagher and Snow Patrol - both David Guetta and Duran Duran are good performers but none of it seems to mesh together. As a younger person, if they want to attract the youth they need to step back and have a look at who their booking, because yes there's some good artists, but none that I particularly want to fork out IOW prices for if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I think the problem with IOW currently is that they have 0 clue which demographic they're going for. The only headiners that seem to possibly fit together are Liam Gallagher and Snow Patrol - both David Guetta and Duran Duran are good performers but none of it seems to mesh together. As a younger person, if they want to attract the youth they need to step back and have a look at who their booking, because yes there's some good artists, but none that I particularly want to fork out IOW prices for if that makes sense. 

IOW seems to be a festival for all, rather than fit into a demographic. Do they really want to attract the youth? One would suggest no with there lineups.

I personally like the line up, it's just the Sunday headline offerings so far that's put me off.

Would work so much better having Shed Sefen headline the top on the Sunday, rather than razorlight. 

43 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

yeah for victorious, at least its not as bland as iw fest, the lineups only id say 60% done for it aswell

I would say they are as bland as each other, although Royal Blood is good for victorious. Friday at victorious with Madness, kooks, Feeder, terrovision and hooky is hardly fresh. 

Duran Duran is probably a IOW booking, although not my cup of tea. 

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say they are as bland as each other, although Royal Blood is good for victorious. Friday at victorious with Madness, kooks, Feeder, terrovision and hooky is hardly fresh. 

Duran Duran is probably a IOW booking, although not my cup of tea. 

friday is the only day that felt stale to me I agree

the sunday feels very nice especially having fontaines come down to the south for a festival finally!

3 hours ago, GDog said:

What a rubbish lineup, I had some sort of hope when they announced they were re-releasing it, had there been much more choice in live music to watch this summer I'd of been nowhere near this festival.

who would you of liked to see?

On 3/28/2021 at 8:57 PM, retrokev said:

who would you of liked to see?

I don't feel like it's the headliner that are any issue, I like maybe one of them slightly, and the other two would be interesting to see live (again) but most of the bands lower down the slots were relevant maybe 5+years ago. I'd love to see bands like Seagirls, Vistas, Fontaines, Sports team and the list goes on, these bands are a bit more relevant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GDog said:

I don't feel like it's the headliner that are any issue, I like maybe one of them slightly, and the other two would be interesting to see live (again) but most of the bands lower down the slots were relevant maybe 5+years ago. I'd love to see bands like Seagirls, Vistas, Fontaines, Sports team and the list goes on, these bands are a bit more relevant.

Unfortunately with SkyArts sponsoring thre's not going to be a line up of new /less established in the mainstream (as you describe relevant) artists  , and its going to be 'middle of the road' to attract people to watch it. Also with an audience of IOW size I guess you can;t please everyone, and an more established list of acts is a safe bet , although not inspiring.   Sky Arts wants to be able to stream crowd loads of mass singalongs, people partying in the sun and the tv audience 'wishing they were there' from their 3 bed semi in the shires (I jest of course)

The only thing I've seen from IOW was on an emirates plane, when they had 3 hours of highlights (it was a non Glasto year, they usually have 6 hours of Glasto highlights) , and I sat and watched and hummed along in my head watching the audience having a party 🙂

9 hours ago, GDog said:

now we are talking.seagirls class ands ks are on mainstage.sure this feeling tent will give you what you are looking for when announced

Bit disappointing overall, and as someone else has posted, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to stay on the island this year! Not sure why this is - there can't be more people going than usual? In fact I would be surprised if it sells out, with many people choosing to play it safe this year and stay at home.

I have also heard a rumour that if festivals do go ahead, everyone will have to wear a mask, even outdoors! Has anyone else heard this?!

• 3 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 11:13 PM, The Fella said:

We are lucky enough to have done both. Regular VIP offers your own area to the left of the main stage with OK views, until the end of the evening when it gets very crowded. Not much in the way of food offerings, but you do get the nice toilets which is what most people will be paying for. The Premium VIP used to be just for press, media, etc. but you can now buy tickets I believe for a massive price. For this you do get free food - we had a couple of hot meals each day and some snacks - and the holy grail of VIP - a free bar. This is to the right of the main stage and was renamed the Black Star bar after David Bowie. There is a raised platform at the front that gives excellent views of the main stage, but again it does get very crowded for the headliners/popular acts.

Hi Cathrina,

Though this is only my first year at isle of wight i have noticed novone has replied to you regarding this. I have however been to a lot of festivals and have never seen at any festival i have been at that day ticket holders are allowed to camp in the festival campsite. This is usually because they could easily sneak in the next day. 

Also on there website it keeps saying weekend tickets in regards to camping so i would be almost certain you wont be allowed unfortunately and i wouldnt risk it. I hope this helps 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, vahri said:

I have however been to a lot of festivals and have never seen at any festival i have been at that day ticket holders are allowed to camp in the festival campsite. This is usually because they could easily sneak in the next day.

🙂

Latitude allow day ticket holders to camp overnight but the campsite is well away from the general camping/arena 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 3:39 PM, 5ft skinhead said:

Doing the vip /premium this year Total cost was £2196. for two as been to IOW Fest many times so decided to give it a go this year that's a good bit of info for someone that's done it . Can you you use both the VIP Aswell as the area to the right hand side ??  

Yes you can use both areas- Looks to me like premium maybe different this year without its own viewing area even though that’s how it’s been advertised . Have you got your info yet ? Are you reading the info the same as me ? 

We have done the Premium VIP a couple of times before, and have always been able to use both the standard VIP to the left of the main stage as well as the Black Star Bar to the right. Not sure if this picture is much help, but it shows the back of the Black Start Bar and the platform which curves around the front and provided the best view of the main stage. It is not a 'standalone' viewing platform, like the one at Victorious, for example, but more of a large balcony around the bar. 

Although I don't know for sure, I would be very surprised if this area did not have its own viewing area this year, as that is partly what you are paying for - I think I would ask for a refund if there was no viewing platform to the front and side of the Premium VIP area!

DSC00868x.jpg