Isle of Wight 2021

galbani

Headliner speculation?

Arctic Monkeys, Foos, ELO, Snow Patrol

Not headliners but Hot House Flowers, Eddi Reader, Reel Big Fish, James, Crowded House, Lightning Seeds, Coral

Caravan Palace (lead singer is just gorgeous).

Any of the above would be a bonus!

21 minutes ago, galbani said:

Headliner speculation?

Arctic Monkeys, Foos, ELO

Think you night be expecting a bit to much there.

Myself am more thinking of it staying with Duran Duran, Snow Patrol and another headliner replaced lionel. I would not rule out Liam myself headlining.

15 hours ago, galbani said:

Headliner speculation?

Arctic Monkeys, Foos, ELO, Snow Patrol

Not headliners but Hot House Flowers, Eddi Reader, Reel Big Fish, James, Crowded House, Lightning Seeds, Coral

I think the line-up will be almost exclusively UK acts, as I think it's too much of a gamble to book anyone from overseas with the potential for quarantines etc... That said, I wonder if there's a big drive from acts to get out onto festival stages this year and as such IOW could get to pick and choose.

My headliner guess is

Duran Duran, Snow Patrol + Chemical Brothers, Genesis

Would expect to see Sam Fender, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, rag n bone man, Liam Gallagher

possibly also Manic Street Preachers, Jamie Cullum, Simple Minds, Fatboy Slim

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I think the line-up will be almost exclusively UK acts, as I think it's too much of a gamble to book anyone from overseas with the potential for quarantines etc... That said, I wonder if there's a big drive from acts to get out onto festival stages this year and as such IOW could get to pick and choose.

My headliner guess is

Duran Duran, Snow Patrol + Chemical Brothers, Genesis

Would expect to see Sam Fender, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, rag n bone man, Liam Gallagher

possibly also Manic Street Preachers, Jamie Cullum, Simple Minds, Fatboy Slim

Shed seven and primal scream have confirmed as well. Can not see genesis there, they have a tour around the same time. Only date would be the Sunday and that would mean playing 5 nights on the bounce. 

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

Shed seven and primal scream have confirmed as well. Can not see genesis there, they have a tour around the same time. Only date would be the Sunday and that would mean playing 5 nights on the bounce. 

5 days probably is a bit of a stretch, you're right.

Maybe Simple Minds to headline? they seem on a par with Duran and Lionel (who they'd essentially be replacing).

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

5 days probably is a bit of a stretch, you're right.

Maybe Simple Minds to headline? they seem on a par with Duran and Lionel (who they'd essentially be replacing).

Well Giddins has liked a tweet about queen headlining, probably means nothing.

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

Well Giddins has liked a tweet about queen headlining, probably means nothing.

Queen on tour in June 2022, so maybe lined up for next year's fest...? But the dates are already very tight, and they could only do the 10th June (assuming fest is that weekend) and again we're up to five days on the bounce...

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, thetime said:

Think you night be expecting a bit to much there.

Myself am more thinking of it staying with Duran Duran, Snow Patrol and another headliner replaced lionel. I would not rule out Liam myself headlining.

even with Snow Patrol starting a US tour on the Monday , I'm doubtful for them 

Really hoping the friday and saturday headliners are changed, specifically just Chemical Brothers on the Saturday (they shouldn't even be sharing a headline slot with snow patrol lol???)

Adding in Placebo for the big top and just some more rock/electronic acts would really turn things around for me

literally sick to death of seeing almost the same form of lineup each year, what I used to love about IW Fest was how diverse the lineups were each year but now its just???? 

So im praying this "best of british" thing Giddings is pushing for isn't just a sham

5 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Really hoping the friday and saturday headliners are changed, specifically just Chemical Brothers on the Saturday (they shouldn't even be sharing a headline slot with snow patrol lol???)

Adding in Placebo for the big top and just some more rock/electronic acts would really turn things around for me

literally sick to death of seeing almost the same form of lineup each year, what I used to love about IW Fest was how diverse the lineups were each year but now its just???? 

So im praying this "best of british" thing Giddings is pushing for isn't just a sham

Disclosure would be a perfect fit so have them headline the friday if chem bros are unavailable

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Shame Liam is on the Friday and.not the Sunday.

Putting Liam against Primal Scream seems like a mistake, surely they have a decent overlap of fans, and if you're not into early 90s indie, you're out of luck on Friday night...

triple post!

19 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It feels like they have removed a few acts from the previous line-ups that i wanted to see, and replaced them with acts I don't want to see.

It's all personal taste of course, but I think I am out.

I was also a little underwhelmed if I;m honest, but then took a look again and thought a year without live music, and I'm saying I'd take any live music right now 🙂 , so jumped in and got tickets. Never been, going to take it as a week away and explore the isle of wight outside of school holiday time, and hope for a little bit of decent weather.  I did think we'd see the likes of Tom Grennan /Rag n bone man on the line up and was hoping for Frank Turner and Frank carter but hey ho 

38 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Just looking at the last line-up....

Losing Pete Tong, Lionel, Mavis Staples and Happy Mondays all impact on my weekend. I can't get excited by Liam, he only 'headlined' 3 years ago. And for the record, I think Tom Jones is awful.

Pete tong is loss for sure, especially with Maxi Jazz as it was going to be, that was v exciting. Hopefully you'll find another festival that suits you , for me jst the thought of live music in a field will be great enough 🙂 

Decided, for a number of reasons, to skip this year.

IoW hotel has no availability - and I'm too old to camp...

Line-up is ok - for us - we're old - see above, but it's an expensive weekend with days off work, ferry, hotel, tickets, beer vouchers etc etc.

Staying local - Madchestoh Castlefied bowl - Sounds of the City - just re-scheduled for mid September - so hopefully back next summer (whining about the line-up)! We're doing a couple of nights there instead. Not the full on Fest experience.

For those who are going - I really do hope everything goes to plan and that you have a fantastic time (I'm sure you will!). I look forward to the post party stories.

• Like 1