Isle of Wight 2021

galbani

Never too early to start..

We were down to go this year... not overly keen on the lineup but it's a weekend away. An expensive weekend but hey ho

Isle of Wight Festival 2021 will be held from June 17 to 20 - so what's the speculation on the line-up?

Who would you like to see / hear?

We're planning a substitute festival that weekend in the garden, with some friends that were coming with us. Assuming the restrictions are relaxed...

I've bought a cheapo projector / screen and will create a Youtube playlist... I have to admit I'll be straying from the official 2020 lineup somewhat!

The festfood will be a little bit nicer - planning on a barbie with some delish Aldi burgers and saussies

The beer will be colder and cheaper (Aldi Weissbier...) and the queue for the loo will be shorter.

Smuggling the booze in won't be a problem.

Immediate neighbours will be invited. They may as well come. I don't often play Nirvana but when I do I make sure they enjoy it as much as I do...

So - dream line-up suggestions?

Arctic Monkeys, Foos, ELO, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Snow Patrol

Not headliners but Hot House Flowers, Eddi Reader, Reel Big Fish, James, Crowded House, Lightning Seeds, Coral

Caravan Palace (lead singer is just gorgeous).

You can probably guess my age from that lot!

Edited by galbani
typo

• 1 month later...

Just spotted this. Again not overly exciting but who am I kidding. We’ll be there. It’s a weekend and I’m suffering withdrawal symptoms. 

We have our alternative garden festival tomorrow. Weather not as nice as the IoW of previous years but it won’t be a mud bath. 

short trek after to get to bed and no queue for the bus!

Stay safe everyone. Hope to see you in 370 days and 3h 40m (according to the website)

On 6/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, stanh said:

not impressed at all with that, doesnt seem to have gone down that well on twitter or facebook either. disappointed they got rid of the black eyed peas and chemical brothers, i shant be attending!

I would of thought it was the Chems & Black Eyed Peas that pulled rather than the Festival getting rid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, jimbo68 said:

I would of thought it was the Chems & Black Eyed Peas that pulled rather than the Festival getting rid.

Chems are touring next year though don't see why they would pull out?

------

Also seen jess glynne has got a lot of shit on IOW's socials so thought i'd post this:

https://twitter.com/alimkheraj/status/1280236067371855873?s=20

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, gfa said:

Chems are touring next year though don't see why they would pull out?

------

Also seen jess glynne has got a lot of shit on IOW's socials so thought i'd post this:

https://twitter.com/alimkheraj/status/1280236067371855873?s=20

Whilst they haven’t released where they’ll be playing they will be in discussions. Probably no feasible to play. 

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I think it will happen.

No idea of the COVID related policy though. It will depend on the amount of infected people by then, which I would expect to be minuscule compared to today with the vaccine roll-out.

It may be that pay-for-vaccine is available along with a certificate, and you need a certificate to get into events or travel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the Isle of Wight isn't subject to the international travel restrictions, just so you know.

But everyone who crosses water to go is stepping outside of a local zone and certainly into a non essential travel situation.

In two months time would be say?, they need to know that the country will be in tier 1 comfortably early June for this to happen? 

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But everyone who crosses water to go is stepping outside of a local zone and certainly into a non essential travel situation.

In two months time would be say?, they need to know that the country will be in tier 1 comfortably early June for this to happen? 

Can't see the forest for the trees...if bans on non-essential travel are still going on then mass gathering  like a huge festivals (well, not with that line up 😜 )would also still be going on too.