Jump to content

Pukkelpop 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Oscar & The Wolf, Bazart, Charlotte De Witte, Amelie Lens, 2manyDJ's/Soulwax, Blackwave, Charlotte Adigery

Balthazar, Brutus, Raketkanon, Amenra, Portland, Novastar, The Van Jets, Whispering Sons, Black Box Revelations, Equal Idiots, Compact Disk Dummies... Hooverphonic, dEUS /Evil Superstar...
I was thinking that I know many belgian bands 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+ dEUS, Netsky, Goose, The Subs, Angele, Romeo Elvis, Zwangere Guy, Damso, Frenetik, Tourist LeMc...  Maybe adding some dutch artists such as The Opposites, Joost, Froukje, Eefje & some more international dj's like Paul Kalkbrenner, Disclosure, Mr. Oizo.. 

I think this is the most pessimistic scenario? 

Even than, I believe most ticketholders would still want the festival to go on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, pigital said:

@Ken19Is it like cancellation bad? Or smaller festival bad? Or just terrible line-up bad? 
It’s taking a bit too long now so would be great if they’d start communicating.

 

Because of corona restrictions (in every country other rules) and festivals cancelling, it is less and less attractive for international bands to do shows in Europe this summer. A couple of weeks ago, around start presale, the line up was still looking ok (You have Editors, Oscar, Gorillaz was nearly confirmed, Disclosure, QOTSA was still on...). But then each day a couple of cancellations. Many interesting British/international acts are cancelling their performance. They are now doing all they can to bring a decent line up. But it is not looking good. 

There are also still some government issues... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

 

Because of corona restrictions (in every country other rules) and festivals cancelling, it is less and less attractive for international bands to do shows in Europe this summer. A couple of weeks ago, around start presale, the line up was still looking ok (You have Editors, Oscar, Gorillaz was nearly confirmed, Disclosure, QOTSA was still on...). But then each day a couple of cancellations. Many interesting British/international acts are cancelling their performance. They are now doing all they can to bring a decent line up. But it is not looking good. 

There are also still some government issues... 

Always thought QOTSA would be pretty tied to Readling & Leeds in UK. Would they pull out of Pukkelpop but still do R+L? At least financially it doesn‘t make sense. Or is the whole „tour“ off the table for them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Always thought QOTSA would be pretty tied to Readling & Leeds in UK. Would they pull out of Pukkelpop but still do R+L? At least financially it doesn‘t make sense. Or is the whole „tour“ off the table for them?

As it currently stands its impossible for acts to go from country to country, this will probably change by the end of August but that's a big if.

Belgium are on UK's amber list, are acts going to play at pukkelpop and quarantine for 10 days? There is a fair few festivals in the UK from late August to the end of September. IMO  they will concentrate on that.

QOTSA is another example, as USA is on the amber list currently. Are they just going to travel for pretty much a couple of shows and then back to America to quarantine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thetime said:

As it currently stands its impossible for acts to go from country to country, this will probably change by the end of August but that's a big if.

Belgium are on UK's amber list, are acts going to play at pukkelpop and quarantine for 10 days? There is a fair few festivals in the UK from late August to the end of September. IMO  they will concentrate on that.

QOTSA is another example, as USA is on the amber list currently. Are they just going to travel for pretty much a couple of shows and then back to America to quarantine.

 

You might be right, but if effing football players can fly across Europe for current EURO without quarantine, why can't international bands? It's their job, not for fun or vacation.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

You might be right, but if effing football players can fly across Europe for current EURO without quarantine, why can't international bands? It's their job, not for fun or vacation.

I agree, elite athletes accross the spectrum have a distinct advantage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

 

Because of corona restrictions (in every country other rules) and festivals cancelling, it is less and less attractive for international bands to do shows in Europe this summer. A couple of weeks ago, around start presale, the line up was still looking ok (You have Editors, Oscar, Gorillaz was nearly confirmed, Disclosure, QOTSA was still on...). But then each day a couple of cancellations. Many interesting British/international acts are cancelling their performance. They are now doing all they can to bring a decent line up. But it is not looking good. 

There are also still some government issues... 

How many of the 5 you mentioned are still on the bill? 

Surprised, but very happy about Disclosure if they're on the line up. Mainstage closers surely. 

 

Edited by DDave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why don't they just book European/Schengen-Area based bands. They are available and the crowd would be happy to see headliners like Rammstein, Volbeat, Behemoth and so on.

We booked 10 tickets first day and even if the line-up sucks this will still be a blast but I am quite sure people will be pissed if there are no big players at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, robotron said:

Why don't they just book European/Schengen-Area based bands. They are available and the crowd would be happy to see headliners like Rammstein, Volbeat, Behemoth and so on.

We booked 10 tickets first day and even if the line-up sucks this will still be a blast but I am quite sure people will be pissed if there are no big players at all.

None of those bands are on tour till at least October and Rammstein not till 2022. Probably the right idea about European/Schengen bands but those mentioned aren't going to just get together to play one show to a bunch of fans who haven't booked to see them in particular. Plus I'd imagine Rammsteins stage crew is pretty big as well. 

Take the UK and US acts out of it and there's not many proper headliners around at the moment. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...