Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Editors, BMTH and Chemical Brothers were confirmed by Ken for PKP20 so I think that we can count on them for next year edition.

Edited by johnybegood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most interesting Lowlands names are playing other fests in Belgium. Stormzy, Michael Kiwanuka, Liam Gallagher, Rex Orange County... But that’s just personal tast of course. 

And wasn’t the field very empty during BMTH last time they played PkP? Back when they were probably more popular as wel...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lighthouse said:

The most interesting Lowlands names are playing other fests in Belgium. Stormzy, Michael Kiwanuka, Liam Gallagher, Rex Orange County... But that’s just personal tast of course. 

And wasn’t the field very empty during BMTH last time they played PkP? Back when they were probably more popular as wel...

Maybe they will headline the Marquee on its "Rock Day" as Incubus and Rise Against did in the last couple of years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The most interesting Lowlands names are playing other fests in Belgium. Stormzy, Michael Kiwanuka, Liam Gallagher, Rex Orange County... But that’s just personal tast of course. 

And wasn’t the field very empty during BMTH last time they played PkP? Back when they were probably more popular as wel...

It is something weird: BMTH. I have never the idea they are that popular in Belgium. But the ticket sales for the Lotto Arena were ok, and they've got a big spot on the RW line up. 

But the empty field at Pukkelpop, that happens with a lot of bands. Sometimes I ask myself: does Pukkelpop still need to fill that main stage? Or just focus on certain acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

It is something weird: BMTH. I have never the idea they are that popular in Belgium. But the ticket sales for the Lotto Arena were ok, and they've got a big spot on the RW line up. 

But the empty field at Pukkelpop, that happens with a lot of bands. Sometimes I ask myself: does Pukkelpop still need to fill that main stage? Or just focus on certain acts. 

I've said for years theres a case for downsizing the capacity of the main stage. Reducing the equivalent space for 5-10000 people would make a big difference to the atmosphere and reduce the need for the biggest names and the money could be spent on the undercard. Not sure how it works on a safety level but its what I would do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DDave said:

I've said for years theres a case for downsizing the capacity of the main stage. Reducing the equivalent space for 5-10000 people would make a big difference to the atmosphere and reduce the need for the biggest names and the money could be spent on the undercard. Not sure how it works on a safety level but its what I would do. 

Chokri says nooooo.... 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yes and Foals, London Grammar... The obvious ones who were playing Lowlands too. 

London Grammar as headliner or sub? In my opinion, London Grammar deserves to be a headliner in Belgium, but they should take a break from touring. It would've been their second big festival show without new music (apart from that Flume song) in Belgium. 

What I absolutely don't understand, is that they booked Editors again ... Editors and PKP is not a match. Everyone was just waiting for The XX during their show in 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

It is something weird: BMTH. I have never the idea they are that popular in Belgium. But the ticket sales for the Lotto Arena were ok, and they've got a big spot on the RW line up. 

But the empty field at Pukkelpop, that happens with a lot of bands. Sometimes I ask myself: does Pukkelpop still need to fill that main stage? Or just focus on certain acts. 

Yeah, I expected them to get bigger much quicker in Belgium, but even in Werchter their crowd wasn't exactly huge (whereas the day they played was more guitar oriented). No embarrassing crowd by any means, but the difference to the packed The Cure field couldn't be any bigger. Maybe they should've been switched by The 1975 that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EV123 said:

What I absolutely don't understand, is that they booked Editors again ... Editors and PKP is not a match. Everyone was just waiting for The XX during their show in 2017. 

The field for Editors was packed in both 2017 and 2014 actually. They'll at least attract much, much more people with them than witch Chems for instance. And I think they're not more expensive (but that's a pure guess).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, EV123 said:

London Grammar as headliner or sub? In my opinion, London Grammar deserves to be a headliner in Belgium, but they should take a break from touring. It would've been their second big festival show without new music (apart from that Flume song) in Belgium. 

What I absolutely don't understand, is that they booked Editors again ... Editors and PKP is not a match. Everyone was just waiting for The XX during their show in 2017. 

New music coming. Future headliners...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

New music coming. Future headliners...

Future boring as fuck headliners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EV123 said:

London Grammar as headliner or sub? In my opinion, London Grammar deserves to be a headliner in Belgium, but they should take a break from touring. It would've been their second big festival show without new music (apart from that Flume song) in Belgium. 

What I absolutely don't understand, is that they booked Editors again ... Editors and PKP is not a match. Everyone was just waiting for The XX during their show in 2017. 

That's just not true though is it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DDave said:

Future boring as fuck headliners. 

2017 was a magical show. They will be no stand alone headliners though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

2017 was a magical show. They will be no stand alone headliners though.

Take it they had a big slot again this year. 

So that's London Grammar, Chems, Editors, BMTH and Foals (I'm assuming) with main stage slots this year. 

Interesting to know if they had any surprises for the main. 

I'm guessing at least 2 out of Major Lazer, Die Antwoord and Dua Lipa were booked for it as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DDave said:

So that's London Grammar, Chems, Editors, BMTH and Foals (I'm assuming) with main stage slots.

Foals don’t even sell out AB. A late afternoon slot In de Marquee, like Franz Ferdinand, would be perfect for them no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Foals don’t even sell out AB. A late afternoon slot In de Marquee, like Franz Ferdinand, would be perfect for them no? 

Perfect for me yeah. Difficult to say without seeing the line up. The main stage for this year seems like it would have been the weakest for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Foals don’t even sell out AB. A late afternoon slot In de Marquee, like Franz Ferdinand, would be perfect for them no? 

Pretty sure they sold out AB in less than 30 minutes last time they were around, but yeah headliner for Pkp seems a bit much. I'd be up for it though, they always bring a lot of energy on stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last show FOALS made at Ancienne Belgique was indeed soldout! They could maybe have a high spot at Pukkelpop but not headliner for sure. Even co-headliners seems a bit too much...

About Bring Me The Horizon, I guess they'd have a high spot on Main Stage at Pukkelpop. Their show was the Lotto Arena end of 2018 was maybe not soldout but looked really packed. I was there and they made a really great show! Even without new album ("Amp" has been released 2 months after the tour). They got a high spot at Rock Werchter (before The Cure and Tool). Maybe the mainstream crowd there didn't know them enough but hopefully they'd work better in 2020/2021. Hopefully they'll headline Graspop one day (after playing Pukkelpop like Ken said).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Editors...how many times have they played Belgium already?

Ok, they are cheap and Belgium loves them to dead, but if the editors aren't the weakest headliner on the bill, then it is a weak main stage line up. 

I agree with DDave, I am even more radical: just remove the main stage and replace it with a big tent. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archi said:

The last show FOALS made at Ancienne Belgique was indeed soldout! They could maybe have a high spot at Pukkelpop but not headliner for sure. 

That’s true about the sold out part. Excuse me. 😊 But I meant they’re an AB sized band, a venue that’s not exactly huge. So I can’t see them playing too high on the main. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That’s true about the sold out part. Excuse me. 😊 But I meant they’re an AB sized band, a venue that’s not exactly huge. So I can’t see them playing too high on the main. 

They sell out the venue very quickly. Ken said it was soldout in one day and I think he's right. When I check the events Facebook from this event, it seems people were looking for tickets quickly after they've been on sale. Sell 2000 tickets so quickly is still a good thing. Not a clue to be an headline but to have a great spot, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yes and Foals, London Grammar... The obvious ones who were playing Lowlands too. 

I don't remember if you said something about Bon Iver, they had to be touring Europe in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...