Pukkelpop 2021

31 minutes ago, shivroy said:

when are we expecting any updates on this?

In 2019 the first announcement came on February 11th and it was a little bit earlier than their usual.
I don't know if they're going to start earlier this year but I don't think so: they usually like to move later than the other big festivals and go ahead announcing names until a few weeks before the festival takes place. 

yeah, "the leak" seems logical:)
AM I think will be there as there are no dates in Belguim on their tour so far
Also looking at the Reading poster, I believe Halsey is a good fit for PKP 2022. Some good potential names can be shared with Szitet as well.. Bottom line if they play their cards well. it could be very solid line up! Usually they share line up later in he year though, so let's see

8 hours ago, r55N said:

yeah, "the leak" seems logical:)
AM I think will be there as there are no dates in Belguim on their tour so far
Also looking at the Reading poster, I believe Halsey is a good fit for PKP 2022. Some good potential names can be shared with Szitet as well.. Bottom line if they play their cards well. it could be very solid line up! Usually they share line up later in he year though, so let's see

What is the leak?

EDIT: oh the festileaks one from the previous page? gotcha

Edited by shivroy

On 1/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, johnybegood said:

Rock Werchter has announced some of the acts from Pukkelpop 2021 line-up that I was expecting for 2022: Idles, Fever 333, Meute, Altin Gun, Anne-Marie, Lianne La Havas, Baltazhar, Bazart, Sam Fender...

and removed Queens of the Stone Age due to change in their tour plan. @Ken19 do you know something about this?

On 1/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, johnybegood said:

Rock Werchter has announced some of the acts from Pukkelpop 2021 line-up that I was expecting for 2022: Idles, Fever 333, Meute, Altin Gun, Anne-Marie, Lianne La Havas, Baltazhar, Bazart, Sam Fender...

I wouldn't be surprised if this year the overlap between both festivals is bigger than ever, due to contracts from '20 + '21. Ofcourse not a name the size of Anne-Marie, but perhaps Idles, Fontaines DC, Dry Cleaning, Altin Gun, ..

Edited by Dietediet
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this year the overlap between both festivals is bigger than ever, due to contracts from '20 + '21. Ofcourse not a name the size of Anne-Marie, but perhaps Idles, Fontaines DC, Dry Cleaning, Altin Gun, ..

Idles and Fontaines DC are two of fav bands nowadays. I hope you are right.

Cabaret Vert is a french festival that takes place 2 hours drive from Hasselt that is happening during Pukkelpop weekend, so there must be a big overlap between both festivals. 

Line Up: https://cabaretvert.com/

Lot of questions come to my mind:

Is Slipknot a posibility to take a Main Stage high slot?

Are Pixies or Fontaines DC a posibility as a late announcement being shared with Rock Werchter?

Will Liam Gallagher take again a headliner slot?

Will Stromae comeback be ignored by Pukkelpop team?

What do you think?

Edited by johnybegood

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Cabaret Vert is a french festival that takes place 2 hours drive from Hasselt that is happening during Pukkelpop weekend, so there must be a big overlap between both festivals. 

Are Pixies or Fontaines DC a posibility as a late announcement being shared with Rock Werchter?

What do you think?

Slipknot: highly doubt it. Graspop organisers said Slipknot was in their top 3 most expensive bookings ever, hinting at a 1M euro fee in 2019. I'd be surprised if Pukkelpop is willing to throw a lot of money towards a headliner that's lacking mainstream appeal, especially with easy sellers like Arctic Monkeys and Dua Lipa around.

Liam Gallagher: I'm expecting him to sub for AM. Lure in some more people from the UK with that combo. He's definitely not big enough for a headliner slot.

Stromae: wouldn't count on it, as the press releases for Boutique/Les Ardentes implied those were his only Belgian shows this Summer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

What do you think?

Can't see slipknot or Stromae personally. I do see LG, Clutch,  Ty Seagall, Paula Temple, Bob Vylan from that line up being there. 

My main stage guesses are

Main 

Friday

Glass Animals, Dua Lipa, Stormzy

Saturday

Halsey, Editors, Florence and the Machine

Sunday

Foals, LG, Arctic Monkeys, Netsky

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Can't see slipknot or Stromae personally. I do see LG, Clutch,  Ty Seagall, Paula Temple, Bob Vylan from that line up being there. 

Main 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Don't forget Oscar And The Wolf has released a new album a few months ago and he has not been announced for any belgian festival yet... 

7 minutes ago, DDave said:

Main 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

That would mean the most stacked the Pukkelpop main has ever been.

1 hour ago, misterplow said:

That would mean the most stacked the Pukkelpop main has ever been.

Don't think its that unrealistic really. Drop Foals into the Marquee and swap Florence for OATW and it's definitely do-able. 

Robyn pulled out of a couple of August festivals today so she's ruled out.