Pukkelpop 2021

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

I just read this update on the UK Government website

UK.png

As I understand it, that no quarantine rule only applies to UK residents returning to the UK. EU residents (and residents of other amber countries) still have to quarantine when visiting the UK, as at the moment there is no mutual EU/UK recognition of vaccination passports/apps. They can leave quarantine after 5 days if they show a 2nd negative test at that time,

Last I heard (a few days ago), discussions about mutual recognition of vaccination passports were "at an advanced stage", so it could open up in the not-too-distant future, hopefully.

Edited by Trufflehound

1 hour ago, Trufflehound said:

As I understand it, that no quarantine rule only applies to UK residents returning to the UK. EU residents (and residents of other amber countries) still have to quarantine when visiting the UK, as at the moment there is no mutual EU/UK recognition of vaccination passports/apps. They can leave quarantine after 5 days if they show a 2nd negative test at that time,

Last I heard (a few days ago), discussions about mutual recognition of vaccination passports were "at an advanced stage", so it could open up in the not-too-distant future, hopefully.

You're right, I've been reading the whole website and, if you've not been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme, you still have to quarantine.

4 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

You're right, I've been reading the whole website and, if you've not been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme, you still have to quarantine.

Which is so stupid. I had to go to the UK in 2 weeks. I'm fully vaccinated + 14 days with a vaccine used in UK (Moderna) but stil have to do a quarantine. It's possible to make a PCR Test on day 5 of the quarantine to end it earlier but the tests cost so much (like 60£ minimum). And in the opposite, same thing for British fully vaccinated coming in Mainland Europe. Just because both UK/EU don't reckon the Covid Passport of each other. More than countries own rules, it's also because of the Brexit.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

https://www.ft.com/content/8f7b59c7-89b5-4ca5-a0a4-7f1355fab3e0

image.png.8c0c82a7989fcadb6392c65de0a45ca8.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Kusy said:

This would be such an excellent news! The newspaper announces it would be the last change of travel restrictions before October. On the good way for EU as we have a Digital Passeport Covid but less for the US as seems they work especially on paper...

The US don't allow travel to the UK right now and won't delete this rule before the end of the Summer (read on the Standard that mentions the Financial Times). Fingers crossed for a good news at the end of this week then...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-relaxing-travel-restrictions-eu-us-covid-b947805.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/britons-holiday-us-this-summer-amber-list-uk-travel-b947741.html

2 hours ago, Archi said:

As we spoke about it in this topic, I share it the good news: we won't need to quarantine anymore to travel in UK if we are fully vaccinated! Waiting official confirmation and the date when it's gonna be on.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57999362

Date now confirmed as...: From next Monday 2nd August

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/28/double-jabbed-us-and-eu-travellers-can-avoid-england-quarantine-ministers-decide

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

10 years from the storm that devastated PKP'11.

Is a date that remain marked in my brain. I was in the shelter stage waiting for the next band and I remember seeing the tent shaking and the trees flying and crashing in the roof. It was a miracle that the tent didn't collapse or any tree didn`t destroy the roof and injure/kill somebody.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, johnybegood said:

10 years from the storm that devastated PKP'11.

Is a date that remain marked in my brain. I was in the shelter stage waiting for the next band and I remember seeing the tent shaking and the trees flying and crashing in the roof. It was a miracle that the tent didn't collapse or any tree didn`t destroy the roof and injure/kill somebody.

We were in the Club waiting for Miles Kane. Initially it seemed quite funny as we were watching people by the Main Stage get soaked as they tried to watch Skunk Anansie. Then it got worse and Skunk Anansie literally got blown off stage and it stopped being so funny. A whole bunch of us had to hold up the side wall of the Club as it started caving in under the force of the wind and the weight of a shitload of water that had accumulated on the tent roof. Finally some saviour attached a penknife to a pole and slashed holes in the tent roof to let the water drain away - probably stopped the Club from collapsing that day.

Before the wall starting giving way we were hunkered down by the stage wondering whether this was the end - one of the very few times in my life I've considered that I might actually die.

Once it was all over Miles Kane came out on stage and just shrugged, and pointed at all his rain-destroyed equipment that was now useless whether or not the show could have gone on (which obviously it didn't).

We are off to Hasselt for the weekend tomorrow - we kept our hotel reservation for PKP21 even though the festival was cancelled. We'll have a drink in Café Vanveldeke tomorrow night (known to some on here as "the pub on the corner") and raise a glass to those who didn't make it back in 2011.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

We were in the Club waiting for Miles Kane. Initially it seemed quite funny as we were watching people by the Main Stage get soaked as they tried to watch Skunk Anansie. Then it got worse and Skunk Anansie literally got blown off stage and it stopped being so funny. A whole bunch of us had to hold up the side wall of the Club as it started caving in under the force of the wind and the weight of a shitload of water that had accumulated on the tent roof. Finally some saviour attached a penknife to a pole and slashed holes in the tent roof to let the water drain away - probably stopped the Club from collapsing that day.

Before the wall starting giving way we were hunkered down by the stage wondering whether this was the end - one of the very few times in my life I've considered that I might actually die.

Once it was all over Miles Kane came out on stage and just shrugged, and pointed at all his rain-destroyed equipment that was now useless whether or not the show could have gone on (which obviously it didn't).

We are off to Hasselt for the weekend tomorrow - we kept our hotel reservation for PKP21 even though the festival was cancelled. We'll have a drink in Café Vanveldeke tomorrow night (known to some on here as "the pub on the corner") and raise a glass to those who didn't make it back in 2011.

Great to see you're having a week in Hasselt. Would have joined you if we were allowed into the country. 

2011 is only the 2nd Pukkelpop I've missed since 2009 along with 2015 and was solely down to us not fancying the line up. In all honesty we'd have probably missed it anyway as we had a habit of going up to the site really late back then and we would have been either in the Irish Times or in the taxi up to the site, but still reading the reports back home and what everyone went through that year was horrific and has affected people to this day. RIP the people who went out simply to have a good time and never came home x x x

Edit - even though you've probably told us that story a few times, the fact that someone had the the thought to do that with the penknife is incredible. 

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

that's ... weak ! very weak ..

2 hours ago, misterplow said:

Are you joking? So many quality names. This is far from the whole lineup, mind. 

I think it's quite good, considering Arctic Monkeys is the only big name/headliner. I think they'll shift a lot of tickets too, since the last time they were at Pukkelpop was 2009.

And the other names on that list are mostly smaller ones, but with a good diversity through many genres and a lot of them released highly acclaimed albums last year (Little Simz, Dry Cleaning, Low, Slowthai).

• Upvote 1