Pukkelpop 2021

It's funny that a festival with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Kraftwerk, Sonic Youth, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Stone Roses, Björk, Neil Young, Chemical Brothers or Smashing Pumpkings headlining in the last 15 years, claims that their DNA had been always the youngsters.

When did  Mr. Mahassine decide to change the booking policy and why? to satisfy her daughter? This is the question that lot of people keep asking ourselves  every year.

Even this year, they didn't go for a line-up targetted to vaccinated people. 

So... time to look at 2022. Will the line-up be 90% the same? I suppose it...

Edited by johnybegood

9 minutes ago, DDave said:

Sad they've cancelled but always a possibility.

Hotel already booked for 2022. Assuming there's more of a shift back to normality there should be a much better pool of acts to choose from.

Let's see what a Pukkelpop edition looks like in 2022. Despite the government support, they're still bound to take a financial hit, and it's not like their situation was even looking bright pre-covid. And Live Nation's supposedly very pissed off, so PKP might just receive a little less goodwill from LN side if an interesting act is also available for Werchter/Dour/...

9 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Let's see what a Pukkelpop edition looks like in 2022. Despite the government support, they're still bound to take a financial hit, and it's not like their situation was even looking bright pre-covid. And Live Nation's supposedly very pissed off, so PKP might just receive a little less goodwill from LN side if an interesting act is also available for Werchter/Dour/...

Why is LN supposed to be pissed off with PKP?

3 hours ago, Dietediet said:

They have a serious share… so this is also a letdown for LN. But maybe Pukkelpop needs another central figure.

A Belgian concert booker launched an open letter this afternoon, slamming Pukkelpop for its hybris.

Notable info in this letter: Pukkelpop stopped responding to questions of the booked Belgian artists and their management weeks ago, giving the impression something was going wrong internally, long before the governmental communication that supposedly rendered the festival impossible to organize.

He thus openly raises the question whether Pukkelpop is using the government as an easy scapegoat for their own failure.

10 hours ago, Dietediet said:

A Belgian concert booker launched an open letter this afternoon, slamming Pukkelpop for its hybris.

Notable info in this letter: Pukkelpop stopped responding to questions of the booked Belgian artists and their management weeks ago, giving the impression something was going wrong internally, long before the governmental communication that supposedly rendered the festival impossible to organize.

He thus openly raises the question whether Pukkelpop is using the government as an easy scapegoat for their own failure.

Do you have a link for this open letter please?

On 6/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Or is it a tricky tactic to sell tickets for 2022...now they sold some tickets to postpone the festival to 2022?! I don't doubt...

I mentioned this a few weeks ago , I never believed in the festival and today here in Portugal in the news saying that the festival was canceled due to lack of covid testing capacity ..... ok ok

3 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I mentioned this a few weeks ago , I never believed in the festival and today here in Portugal in the news saying that the festival was canceled due to lack of covid testing capacity ..... ok ok

Heck of a trick to pull just to sell tickets for 2022. If they'd not announced any names or just a few then I'd understand but to string along 150+ acts plus their management for a festival that they thought was never going to happen is just conspiracy theorist stuff. 

I think some of the comments are valid in hindsight. Why go all out if there was a chance it wasnt going to happen.  30k people with 3 or 4 stages over 2 days with vaccined people allowed only would have been more realistic we'd still be talking about a festival that's going ahead rather than talking about a festival that's overstretched itself and ultimately isn't happening. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DDave said:

Heck of a trick to pull just to sell tickets for 2022. If they'd not announced any names or just a few then I'd understand but to string along 150+ acts plus their management for a festival that they thought was never going to happen is just conspiracy theorist stuff. 

I think some of the comments are valid in hindsight. Why go all out if there was a chance it wasnt going to happen.  30k people with 3 or 4 stages over 2 days with vaccined people allowed only would have been more realistic we'd still be talking about a festival that's going ahead rather than talking about a festival that's overstretched itself and ultimately isn't happening. 

However , they sold tickets without names ... I still think it was a good move , when we have already seen here that days before the tickets were opened there were bands that canceled .

1 hour ago, Sugar Cane said:

Will be interesting what countries will be next? Where are some festivals left? UK, Germany, Denmark or Poland?

UK probably has the most festivals in Europe which is amazing considering we've done the worst all round in this pandemic.