Pukkelpop 2021

12 minutes ago, DDave said:

I expect that if Gorillaz are cancelling due to hassle with equipment then then I'd assume what you're alluding to is the Chems doing the same for Lowlands. It's not exactly a small rig. Also, If there's any chance of them having to quarantine they'll definitely cancel as they've got Creamfields on the 26th. 

These gigs are perfect for Ed Sheeran, he's only got a guitar and a tiny one at that lol. 

It is a combination of difficulties. They also wanted some guarantees that Pkp couldn’t give. 

10 hours ago, Ken19 said:

don’t expect too much…

Yep, 164 acts announced so 90% of the line up announced. Slim chance of anyone decent coming now. Whether anyone good will be brought in to replace the inevitable cancellations is another matter. 

21 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Given all that has happened in the world over the past 18 months, and given the restrictions still on international travel, I think a lot of people were deluding themselves if they thought the line up would be any better than this.

Having said that, I'm not forking out for a weekend ticket for that Friday or Sunday.

Have bought two day tickets for the Saturday instead. We might walk up to the site on the other days anyway to get the "traditional local Kiewiters" experience of standing by the road outside, peering through the gaps in the fence...

If we're allowed over then we may just stick to the Saturday too. Clashes notwithstanding, Caribou, Idles, Underworld, Peggy Gou, Dry Cleaning, Mall Grab, Squid etc is a decent day. Pub for the rest of the weekend. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DDave said:

If we're allowed over then we may just stick to the Saturday too. Clashes notwithstanding, Caribou, Idles, Underworld, Peggy Gou, Dry Cleaning, Mall Grab, Squid etc is a decent day. Pub for the rest of the weekend. 

I actually prefer the friday, but maybe I'm paralysed by my dEUS fandom. 😉 

Lianne La Havas, Nordmann, Altin Gün, dEUS, Kokoroko, Strand Of Oaks, Jamie XX, Mauro Pawlowski are all great names for me. Liam Gallagher, Skepta, Modeselektor and Intergalactic Lovers are nice additions. 

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I actually prefer the friday, but maybe I'm paralysed by my dEUS fandom. 😉 

Lianne La Havas, Nordmann, Altin Gün, dEUS, Kokoroko, Strand Of Oaks, Jamie XX, Mauro Pawlowski are all great names for me. Liam Gallagher, Skepta, Modeselektor and Intergalactic Lovers are nice additions. 

from Friday bill I also love Crack Cloud and I'm curious to see them live. Nordmann have been one of my favourite acts of PKP17 and I'm really happy I can see them again.
It's the weakest PKP bill I remember until now and I don't know if it's worth 215€, but I was already expecting, due to circumstances.
I'm hoping for a couple of nice addictions but It's already enough for me to enjoy a festival and a travel after 2 years almost without concerts, also thanks to very cheap flights, free train, a decent accomodation and good beer and food. 
Saturday is a very good day imo, but I'm also happy with friday. Sunday is definitely weaker but there are still 4-5 things I'd love to attend to.
So finger crossed here and see you there!

46 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

from Friday bill I also love Crack Cloud and I'm curious to see them live. Nordmann have been one of my favourite acts of PKP17 and I'm really happy I can see them again.
It's the weakest PKP bill I remember until now and I don't know if it's worth 215€, but I was already expecting, due to circumstances.
I'm hoping for a couple of nice addictions but It's already enough for me to enjoy a festival and a travel after 2 years almost without concerts, also thanks to very cheap flights, free train, a decent accomodation and good beer and food. 
Saturday is a very good day imo, but I'm also happy with friday. Sunday is definitely weaker but there are still 4-5 things I'd love to attend to.
So finger crossed here and see you there!

I am still not sure: are you comming? 

16 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I am still not sure: are you comming? 

Yes, 4 of us coming from South Italy. Let's hope this to go ahead and with a decent lineup. In the worst case we'll be visiting Belgium and getting drunk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DDave said:

164 acts announced so 90% of the line up announced

+ some Belgian names still missing... It'd be very strange if Amelie Lens, Brutus, Portland, Goose, Glints, Equal Idiots, Black Box Revelations won't be announced.

Few international names missing, hoping for 3-4 good ones.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

+ some Belgian names still missing... It'd be very strange if Amelie Lens, Brutus, Portland, Goose, Glints, Equal Idiots, Black Box Revelations won't be announced.

Few international names missing, hoping for 3-4 good ones.

Looking at the clashfinder, the line-up is near complete. One big name (probably Foals) is still missing.

Think Stormzy fell through last minute, didn't it?

10 hours ago, kilero said:

Someone just quoted Chokri in the Festileaks forum :

"Not all our names are the same as Lowlands. I can't say anything about Stormzy. But the Chemical Brothers will not be at Pukkelpop. We have Underworld."

Full interview is here, about halfway down the page. Saturday closer to come and new names within 2 weeks. Noticeable they've aimed it at the youngsters this year, having stated the importance of the older crowd in 2108 & 2019. I take that to mean that maybe the younger crowd are less discerning and are happy to party whatever the line up. Interesting to see its not sold out yet. If they'd have booked bands for the older crowd they would have sold out by now I think. 

https://forum.festileaks.com/threads/pukkelpop-2021-nieuws-geruchten.806/page-50

Edited by DDave

5 hours ago, arcuse said:

Looking at the clashfinder, the line-up is near complete. One big name (probably Foals) is still missing.

Think Stormzy fell through last minute, didn't it?

I don't know who made it and why he/she decided to remove one stage. I hope they won't reduce stages and artists numbers...

18 hours ago, Archi said:

I guess lot of people are disappointed by the line-up as the festival is not soldout yet... It's a surprise, based on how tickets sold fast (or they lied).

Understandable.
I see both a lack in big names (so no young fans of Billie Eilish or Post Malone) and a weak undercard (so less music fans than usual).
Belgian people wanting to party or the few crazy ones who are missing festival so much to spend 215€ for this poster are not enough to sell it out.
Also it looks very difficult to me to sell a 105€ day ticket for Liam or Marshmello or Editors/Balthazar. Maybe, giving the lack of big names, they also decided to increase combi ticket number and reduce day tickets, being confident to announce a few more decent names during the next days and convince someone else...

Edited by gigi21

18 hours ago, Archi said:

I guess lot of people are disappointed by the line-up as the festival is not soldout yet... It's a surprise, based on how tickets sold fast (or they lied).

Perhaps a bit to late for the 'festival hype' sell outs.

In the UK a few months ago every festival got sold out on announcements, now less so. 

For example latitude still not sold out, whilst festivals like kendal, boardmasters sold out quick.