Pukkelpop 2021

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No, the deal is off.

There is a problem to get a whole production overseas. Same reason BMTH. 

So I’m curious for other festivals.

More or less, how many other names must we expect? And how many big ones?

I think it's pretty clear the top couple of lines for each day have taken a heavy hit over the last couple of months, even in the past few days, with cancellations. I'm guessing they've repeatedly had the rug pulled from under them so that's why there's been a delay in announcing any names.

It's obviously not their best line up but under the circumstances, it's the best we could hope for. Think most of us would rather this than nothing at all, even if we don't end up going. There's enough currently there to keep me happy for the weekend but I'm not willing to commit at this point as I don't know for certain whether we will be able to travel from the UK?

This also isn't the final line up so could still be some nice additions as things become clearer regarding the lifting of restrictions. There's certainly the appetite for bands to get out there and play, but not that many options to do it at events of this size.

2 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

More or less, how many other names must we expect? And how many big ones?

Based on the line-up section on Pukkelpop wesbsite, I'd say:
- 1 coheadliner for Sunday 
- 3 important acts for Saturday
- 3 important acts for Sunday

I know that the line-up is not brilliant, but for me Friday and Saturday are good enough to have a great time there after a couple of years with no festivals (last was Mad Cool 2019).

I am pretty sure that some of the bands announced will cancel in the next weeks, and other will be announced.

It's strange that PKP miss some easy bookings as The Hives or Maneskin that are playing lot of festivals in Europe and are nice undercard for lot of people.

Edited by johnybegood

20 minutes ago, DDave said:

Future and Burna Boy aren't even on the line up page for the Sunday yet. I bet it's been a nightmarish few weeks for the bookers as @sempri says with all the shifting about.

https://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/line-up/zondag/

ignore me, they are. In the 3rd lot of names, seems contradictory compared to their position on the lineup

@Ken19 I have a question: why do they book Oscar And The Wolf almost every single year (in the last 6 editions, 2 as Main Stage headliner and 1 as Marquee headliner) and this year that there is an evident lack of headliners, they do not book him. It would be a easy solution, but they decided to give him a miss. Hard to understand.

4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

@Ken19 I have a question: why do they book Oscar And The Wolf almost every single year (in the last 6 editions, 2 as Main Stage headliner and 1 as Marquee headliner) and this year that there is an evident lack of headliners, they do not book him. It would be a easy solution, but they decided to give him a miss. Hard to understand.

Or OATW doesn't want to perform this year? 

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No, the deal is off.

There is a problem to get a whole production overseas. Same reason BMTH. 

So I’m curious for other festivals.

Ouch, that is possibly terrible news for Down The Rabbit Hole.. Any chance you're in the loop of the status of the Gorillaz booking there? Will it go through as planned?

7 hours ago, Archi said:

Based on the line-up section on Pukkelpop wesbsite, I'd say:
- 1 coheadliner for Sunday 
- 3 important acts for Saturday
- 3 important acts for Sunday

Cohealdiner on the Saturday would probably be the main stage closer I would say. can't see Editors closing it. Probably OATW or someone like that. If they bagged the Chems I'd buy a day ticket and spend the rest of the weekend in Hasselt getting pissed. Looks very unlikely though. 

Edited by DDave

43 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

100% sure some artists will cancel their lowlands show too 

I don't think people with a ticket for Lowlands and DTRH want to hear it, but expect some cancellations (and some additions). Some major cancellations. More on that very soon. 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Cohealdiner on the Saturday would probably be the main stage closer I would say. can't see Editors closing it. Probably OATW or someone like that. If they bagged the Chems I'd buy a day ticket and spend the rest of the weekend in Hasselt getting pissed. Looks very unlikely though. 

Editors are playing on Saturday, they're the biggest act with Balthazar right now. The co-headliner missing - based on the actual website like I said - is for the Sunday. Marshmello is the closing act and they need one more before. With all the cancellations or the non-announced acts, no idea who it could be...

21 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I don't think people with a ticket for Lowlands and DTRH want to hear it, but expect some cancellations (and some additions). Some major cancellations. More on that very soon. 

I expect that if Gorillaz are cancelling due to hassle with equipment then then I'd assume what you're alluding to is the Chems doing the same for Lowlands. It's not exactly a small rig. Also, If there's any chance of them having to quarantine they'll definitely cancel as they've got Creamfields on the 26th. 

These gigs are perfect for Ed Sheeran, he's only got a guitar and a tiny one at that lol. 

• Like 2