Pukkelpop 2021

22 hours ago, robotron said:

Why don't they just book European/Schengen-Area based bands. They are available and the crowd would be happy to see headliners like Rammstein, Volbeat, Behemoth and so on.

We booked 10 tickets first day and even if the line-up sucks this will still be a blast but I am quite sure people will be pissed if there are no big players at all.

Rock for People in the Czech Republic did this, but I can't see The Hives or Maneskin headlining Pukkelpop.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Sugar Cane said:

Rock for People in the Czech Republic did this, but I can't see The Hives or Maneskin headlining Pukkelpop.

Well, Rock for People is only 5k capacity so The Hives and Maneskin are worthy headliners for that kind of event. They are not obviously big enough for headlining a festival with 60k+ capacity.

26 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Well, Rock for People is only 5k capacity so The Hives and Maneskin are worthy headliners for that kind of event. They are not obviously big enough for headlining a festival with 60k+ capacity.

Maneskin are playing Lokerse Feesten so more than likely ruled out (sold out though so you never know) The Hives are around but are a good daytime main or evening Marquee band at best these days.

17 hours ago, DDave said:

Maneskin are playing Lokerse Feesten so more than likely ruled out (sold out though so you never know) The Hives are around but are a good daytime main or evening Marquee band at best these days.

Given this year's situation, don't know if this can rule them out...

For an example Balthazar are playing both Lowlands and DTRH and I'm expecting them (and lots of others) playing both Werchter Parklife and Pukkelpop. Don't think Lokerse bought a Belgian Exclusive for Maneskin and I think they'll be one of the perfect well-sold-medium-sized-European-act touring this summer.

Anyway... June almost over and still silence from PKP. I'm starting to think we'll have a soldout festival that won't happen, but I hope I'll be wrong.

1 minute ago, Archi said:

Sucks they don't announce the names before tickets sales for non-Belgian. Like names tomorrow instead of Thursday...

In their teasing, they say "Something Is Boiling". With this and the video, maybe they will only announce names for Boiler Room?

As Tomorrowland is canceled it should be way easier to get DJs than bands. So probably they are able to announce some big names in that field to satisfy at least some of their costumers and sell the remaining tickets.

• Upvote 1

Just now, lighthouse said:

Nah, I think that's just a confusing world play.

Can't imagine them sharing anything else than the full lineup by now. 

Indeed. My thought when I saw the video and this teasing was they could maybe announce the line-up stage by stage. As the festival is on a good way to be soldout, they could try something new. But seems more realistic they announce 100% of the line-up on Thursday indeed. Hopefully a good one so I can buy a ticket right after the announcement!

Maybe @Ken19 will have some infos for us before...

In 2019 they announced first the headliners, then the guitar bands, then the hip hip and urban music, and so on...

Maybe this year they will announce stage by stage, and maybe Boiler Room is the stage that it not suffering from cancellations, because DJ's have less problems to move from one country to another...

Edited by johnybegood
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

In 2019 they announced first the headliners, then the guitar bands, then the hip hip and urban music, and so on...

Maybe this year they will announce stage by stage, and maybe Boiler Room is the stage that it not suffering from cancellations, because DJ's have less problems to move from one country to another...

My thoughts exactly. 

5 hours ago, gigi21 said:

For an example Balthazar are playing both Lowlands and DTRH and I'm expecting them (and lots of others) playing both Werchter Parklife and Pukkelpop. Don't think Lokerse bought a Belgian Exclusive for Maneskin and I think they'll be one of the perfect well-sold-medium-sized-European-act touring this summer.

Balthazar... is a Belgian band? It's normal that they play play multiple festivals in the Benelux.