Pukkelpop 2021

22 minutes ago, VDB said:

No communication, nothing.

I have no clue what is going on, but whatever the case, it is never ever a good idea not to say anything. 

A few lines of what and when things are approx. to be announced would have sufficed. Bad news is better than no news.

Bought tickets anyway, but this radiosilence is causing your event a lot of harm.

They've communicated on specific news channels about it, see Dutch version below:

Internationale line-up

"Net omdat de vraag naar tickets zo groot was, zijn we al gestart vóór de line-up helemaal afgeklopt was", gaat Luyten verder. "Daar wordt op dit moment de laatste hand aan gelegd, dus dat zit er aan te komen. Het wordt een zeer goeie line-up van internationale allure, met zowel binnenlandse en buitenlandse kleppers. Door de coronamaatregelen die binnen Europa verschillen van land tot land was het soms moeilijk onderhandelen, vandaar dat die line-up een beetje vertraging heeft opgelopen." 

I hate this. Announce without at least 1 name. I'd love to attend a festival this Summer but I won't pay before any confirmations. In their message in Dutch, they explain the line-up is not fully confirmed yet. No prob. But they could announce a first part already.

4 minutes ago, Archi said:

I hate this. Announce without at least 1 name. I'd love to attend a festival this Summer but I won't pay before any confirmations. In their message in Dutch, they explain the line-up is not fully confirmed yet. No prob. But they could announce a first part already.

You can pretty much guess a large proportion of it already

28 minutes ago, DDave said:

70% of Combis sold without a line up. That's impressive. Gonna be tricky bagging tickets if you're not Belgian 

Wow... That's impressive ! 

But yeah, I understand that there are still a few things to be done but why not have announced a few names, a headliner, at least a little teaser... I can't take it anymore ! 

(But I got my combi-ticket though)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DDave said:

You can pretty much guess a large proportion of it already

I know. But I'd like to have confirmation of the line-up to know if I do 3 days or 1 days. And the major part of the people don't look at other festivals or forums to know the line-up. They just wait the official announcement. I gonna wait. And if the line-up is good enough, I'll try to get tickets on Ticketswap 🙃

Couple of nice names, but not really satisfied with the PKP line up overall. But that is my opinion. Some important names (for me) have got their name of the list. 😢

A lot of Belgian artists taking important spots. 
Maybe I was expecting too much with Lowlands/DTRH close by. 

Normally we will know it one of the next days. It was not the intention to start the ticket sales with any name, but know they are not looking good (like it is all about the money).

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Couple of nice names, but not really satisfied with the PKP line up overall. But that is my opinion. Some important names (for me) have got their name of the list. 😢

Normally we will know it one of the next days. It was not the intention to start the ticket sales with any name, but know they are not looking good (like it is all about the money).

this won't make me any less sad for not being able to get a ticket 😭

13 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Hmm. Doesn't sound promising. Marquee names any good? think that was the stage I was most concerned about.

Sounds like no Dua Lipa either. Presuming the Chemical Brothers are in it though

Edited by DDave

Just now, gigi21 said:

Really curious to know if and how the crowd will be different from usual one.

And also how much secondary ticketing will work...

Well, usually the crowd is 'party party party', apart from a smaller music minded group of people who actually visit the marquee/club/chateau/... 

42 minutes ago, DDave said:

Hmm. Doesn't sound promising. Marquee names any good? think that was the stage I was most concerned about.

Sounds like no Dua Lipa either. Presuming the Chemical Brothers are in it though

Main stage is very decent. But marquee is one of the things that disappoints me. 
But! This is my personal opinion. You can find me most of the time in the marquee/club. And I am missing some names there, who were in the mix some time ago. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

You’re not too fond of Editors right? 👀 

16 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Main stage is very decent. But marquee is one of the things that disappoints me. 
But! This is my personal opinion. You can find me most of the time in the marquee/club. And I am missing some names there, who were in the mix some time ago. 

I'm assuming the vast majority of the line up is done. Maybe the strong ticket sales will allow for a decent Marquee band or 2 to be added soon.

Surprised about the main stage comment given what bands are around. 

Edited by DDave

Unlike the lineups for 2022, this year we pretty much know what bands are willing and available to play in that time window.

Pukkelpop most likely will share names with Reading and Lowlands... Liam, BMTH, Stormzy, Denzel Curry etc... not bad names and considering the dry summer we're having, it'll be а great event for most (me included). Even if Combi tickets sold out, I'm willing to buy day tickets and fly to Belgium for that. I managed to get tickets for Reading, but I'm still cautious as UK prolonged the restrictions. Even if they lift them I could have to quarantine + pay hundreds of pounds for PCRs.

If Pukkelpop happens to be the my only festival experience - I'll take it even if I frankenstein the Combi with day tickets or try the second market and pay more.

(I'm tired of getting excited for events 12 months away...)

• Upvote 1